PDA

View Full Version : STUFFER for American Turbine bowl

rich seibert
10-21-2008, 06:11 AM
hey all anyone using the A/T bowl with a stuffer
if so which one ....... i see ARS & Aggressor make one
i realize there may be some machine work involved
need a recomandation on which one is best for A/T.......or must i send my bowl out to someone for this?

jetboatperformance
10-21-2008, 07:51 AM
Rich AT and Dominator Bowls and Impellers (in the original form) are set up with a rear wear skirt which fits into the machined area at the rear of the bowl , This negates the need for an add on "stuffer". Unless someone has repaired or rebuilt this jet and modified it for example useing a Berkely impeller(no rear "ring") Does your current Impeller have this? Tom

rich seibert
10-21-2008, 01:35 PM
thanks for the reply Tom.I just got this new ExtrudeHone A/T bowl and i did not
tear down the existing A/T pump (it is still in the boat), so now i see what is going on here,
I will need a different cut impeller for this new up & coming motor so as long I use A/T impeller, (in the original form) stuffer is not needed, sorry i aked such a dumb question. :o

Duane HTP
10-21-2008, 05:32 PM
We make a stuffer and a kit to install it with for the ATJ bowl. Then you can use any impeller that you may have in the ATJ pump. Personally, I believe the true stuffer works better than the stuffer ring on the impeller. That's the way I always set up a race pump.

rich seibert
10-21-2008, 07:00 PM
i have another dumb question!
Is possible this bowl slip through a crack in Q/A from american turbine?
this bowl is a number of years old,but was never installed on any pump, kinda like NOS (new old stock)
my newest problem now is ,it doesn`t fit my A/T suction, as in the 8 holes in suction do not line up correctly with the 8 holes in the new bowl :mad:
can`t even get 2 bolts thread in, when you put the 2 bowls side by side
you can see there are a number of subtile differences,I figured they were design enhancements.my knee jerk reaction is to try to return this bowl.
each hole is off by about .100" not to mention the rideplate support
holes are off by 1/2 mile.here comes the dumb question, if i can not
return it could i have redrilled to fit correctly kinda like i having double
drilled but i will only use the 8 good new holes?:idea:
some how i always manage to my tit caught in the ringer
my orginal bowl fits like a glove it just is kinda rough on inside of the vanes.
barnackles build up in the bottom.http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3233/2963490514_b78e31096e_b.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3224/2963490520_eee8259726_b.jpg

jetboatperformance
10-22-2008, 07:59 AM
Your New Bowl is a late AT bolt pattern set up for an O'ring seal vs the older paper gasket, for you to use it with your older suction it will require machining, redrilling and some minor work to compensate for the difference in suction piece register sizes and Its also set up for the double seal and retainer ring as well a a greasable rear bowl plug Let me know if we can help further Good luck Tom
ps very nice score on the EX-hone deal!

TIMINATOR
10-22-2008, 08:24 AM
If anybody cares, we have about 20 or so stuffer plates for sale in many thicknesses and bolt patterns. Mebbie Tom wants all of them. We have been cleaning house and making room for more equipment(dyno). I will probably post the rest in the spam section, but these are relevant to thisw thread. Apologies if needed. TIMINATOR