PDA

View Full Version : Mags always arrive damaged...

ddevore
10-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Why does HB magazine always look like it went through a blender by the time I get it in the mail? The most recent issue is so bad I can't even turn the pages without untangling the mangle... My subscription is running out soon, why would I renew if I can't even read it! Good content, crappy delivery!!

grads2112
10-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Why does HB magazine always look like it went through a blender by the time I get it in the mail? The most recent issue is so bad I can't even turn the pages without untangling the mangle... My subscription is running out soon, why would I renew if I can't even read it! Good content, crappy delivery!!
I hate to say it but mine arrives the same way, I just thought it was the mail man thumbing through it.

ddevore
10-26-2008, 07:23 PM
I think with the new format it needs to be packaged better - possibly in an envelope or something... I won't pay for something that arrives like crap every month, especially when you can tell they put $$ into the production.

twocents
10-27-2008, 08:03 AM
The best way to solve the problem is to take your damaged magazine to your local post office and register a formal complaint. Obviously, the damage is resulting somewhere along the postal chain. Most of the time postal officials will trackdown the problem area. Oversized magazine formats are sometimes a problem for the automated postal equipment, but if it happens repeatedly, there's also some human error in the equation which can be corrected.

HalletDave
10-28-2008, 09:18 AM
The best way to solve the problem is to take your damaged magazine to your local post office and register a formal complaint. Obviously, the damage is resulting somewhere along the postal chain. Most of the time postal officials will trackdown the problem area. Oversized magazine formats are sometimes a problem for the automated postal equipment, but if it happens repeatedly, there's also some human error in the equation which can be corrected.
I agree with the above. Plus, I have always made an effort to get to know my postal carrier and be friendly and courteous to that individual.
:idea: Talk to your carrier first.

IMPATIENT 1
10-28-2008, 01:00 PM
***boat has a magazine?:eek: :D

twocents
10-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Whether you're a fan of Hot Boat or not -- you've got to give them credit -- they did publish all 11 print issues in 2008 as promised, and on time. Not an easy feat with such a downturn in the boating economy.

John.
10-28-2008, 03:09 PM
this reminds me of the time a couple years ago when 2 months in a row the packaging for my wife's Playboy magazine arrived in the mail, but the actual magazine wasn't in it. I think the mail carriers read the magazines on their coffee breaks.

squirt'nmyload
10-29-2008, 07:01 PM
no problems here. mine shows up just fine.

ddevore
10-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Damn, I guess if everyone else is getting them ok it's the post office! I'll stop by and see if they can do anything - I enjoy the content, just not the post offices handy work :)

Todd969
10-30-2008, 08:37 AM
My are 33/33/33 sometimes ripped cover, sometimes mangled, sometimes perfect.

Havasu1986
10-30-2008, 08:56 AM
Damn, I guess if everyone else is getting them ok it's the post office! I'll stop by and see if they can do anything - I enjoy the content, just not the post offices handy work :)
Since they changed the outside of the magazine all my mags have been chewed up. :mad:

grads2112
10-30-2008, 09:30 AM
I'd rather take one chewed up than not at all, at least ***boat puts one out every month unlike....ahh nevermind.http://smiliesftw.com/x/beatdeadhorse5.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

justfloatn
10-30-2008, 11:23 AM
I'd rather take one chewed up than not at all, at least ***boat puts one out every month unlike....ahh nevermind.http://smiliesftw.com/x/beatdeadhorse5.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)
LOL.
I'm glad I didn't sign up for that mag.:D :D
I did appreciate the free t-shirt from the show:devil: ..Thanks John.:D

Tony Davis
11-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Mine arrives fine, and on time, and I'm in the UK!