PDA

View Full Version : pump work

Spectra19
11-29-2002, 08:04 PM
Was wondering who is the one to work with when it comes to the pump guys. I know of MPD, Hi Tech Walts and many more. Was just wondering who everybody would recomend. Any and all info would be appreciated.
Thanks, Scott :)

BigBoyToys
11-29-2002, 08:18 PM
Spectra19:
Was wondering who is the one to work with when it comes to the pump guys. I know of MPD, Hi Tech Walts and many more. Was just wondering who everybody would recomend. Any and all info would be appreciated.
Thanks, Scott :) Jack Mclure at MPD is the man you want

ChetCapoli
11-30-2002, 08:22 AM
Hey bigboy,
Since i know you have used them all to make a statement like that what is your experience with say, hi-tech???
CHET
[ November 30, 2002, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

mister460
11-30-2002, 08:26 AM
Chet, give it a rest man. It's whiskey under the bridge alright. For the record, I'
ve never had any pump work done by a shop but let people give there opinions as they are. I'm sure you have better things to worry about than who uses Jack/MPD to do their work.

MikeF
11-30-2002, 09:20 AM
If you are not local, you can send your pump anywhere you want to have the work performed.
My pick is w/ MPD. His length of time working w/ pumps and track record pretty much says he knows what he is doing :) .

ChetCapoli
11-30-2002, 12:06 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MikeF:
If you are not local, you can send your pump anywhere you want to have the work performed.
EXACTLY
My pick is w/ MPD. His length of time working w/ pumps and track record pretty much says he knows what he is doing :) .[quote]
Yes mike i am sure he does BUT so does duane(invented jetaway), so does dons pump (invented cav reducer)and so does walt..well i dont know him for sure so i can say. Has your man ever invented anything?? The first two have that "length or time" working on pumps also. If spectra19 would tell us his location, maybe we could give him a better answer to his question. :)
BTW, 460 that whiskey keeps finding it's way over that bridge for some reason... :D
CHET
[ November 30, 2002, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

MikeF
11-30-2002, 02:42 PM
C, If you insist :D .
"Quotes"
And in thought of place diverters, they scratch built the first couple in existence, and raced with them !!
Note the date on these pics 1971. I wonder if that pre-dates some of the claims of the different folks who "invented" up/dn nozzles.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/294LightningDroop.JPG

BigBoyToys
11-30-2002, 03:07 PM
ChetCapoli:
Yes mike i am sure he does BUT so does duane(invented jetaway), so does dons pump (invented cav reducer)and so does walt..well i dont know him for sure so i can say. Has your man ever invented anything?? The first two have that "length or time" working on pumps also. If spectra19 would tell us his location, maybe we could give him a better answer to his question. :)
BTW, 460 that whiskey keeps finding it's way over that bridge for some reason... D
CHET[/QB]I see you are a vending machine repairer/engine builder. Did you "invent" anything for the vending machine or the engine? Doesn't make you any less skilled at your profession does it? I work in the computer industry, and haven't invented a thing, but that don't mean that I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to computers does it?
It's all a matter of preference, but out here, MPD is the one's that are taking the championships.

Rexone
11-30-2002, 03:45 PM
It never ceases to amaze me why everyone can't just accept that there are several pump guys that are excellent, do excellent work, have excellent track records, etc. All of the above guys I would consider on that list. Why then would it become a factor if one or more of them invented something to be good at what they do. I don't see the corrolation or the relevance to doing good pump work or knowing what makes them tick. Just my .02. :)

MikeF
11-30-2002, 04:58 PM
Rexone:
It never ceases to amaze me why everyone can't just accept that there are several pump guys that are excellent, do excellent work, have excellent track records, etc. All of the above guys I would consider on that list. Why then would it become a factor if one or more of them invented something to be good at what they do. I don't see the corrolation or the relevance to doing good pump work or knowing what makes them tick. Just my .02. :) Mike, I have nothing against the others who also work on pumps and do a good job :) .
So far, all the replies have been from people living on the west coast w/ the exception of CC.(even Mr460 is closer to the west coast wink ) Are we semi biased toward the builders over here....probably yes. I have been blessed in the fact that I own a boat that Jack designed. I am more biased in that fact that he is the one that I would take my boat to, as he know's it better than anyone! Another reason would be that he is only 20 min from me and I could (should say have) bring it to him myself.
S19's original Q was a recommendation. If he wants to send his pump to Jack or someone else...that is his choice. :cool: He has not said where he is located in any post or in his profile. He might be closer to one of the other pump people wink .
[ November 30, 2002, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: MikeF ]

Rexone
11-30-2002, 05:24 PM
Mike,
I guess my only "disagreement" with the above discussion was the implication that perhaps someone who "invented" something was more qualified than someone like Jack. I think there are many guys that are all well qualified to work on pumps regardless of their invention status. Some are mentioned above, others are not. Everyone obvoiusly has their favorite pump guy and rightly so. I just don't think inventing something just automatically makes one guy better than the next, that's all. That was the implication I got from a post above. :)

BigBoyToys
11-30-2002, 06:13 PM
Rexone:
Mike,
I guess my only "disagreement" with the above discussion was the implication that perhaps someone who "invented" something was more qualified than someone like Jack. I think there are many guys that are all well qualified to work on pumps regardless of their invention status. Some are mentioned above, others are not. Everyone obvoiusly has their favorite pump guy and rightly so. I just don't think inventing something just automatically makes one guy better than the next, that's all. That was the implication I got from a post above. :) Ditto

Windy
11-30-2002, 06:47 PM
Couldnt agree with you guys more.
Hi Chet wink
MissHBjet

roco racing
11-30-2002, 07:06 PM
Marine Performance Designs rules..thats all i have to say about that. :cool:

Spectra19
11-30-2002, 07:42 PM
Thanks everyone for there replys. I live in the Northwest and will be sending my pump to someone via mail. No one up here to do the work. Just wanted to know if anyone has had any dealings with some of the pump guys and who was good.
Thanks, Scott

HBjet
11-30-2002, 08:32 PM
Hey Chet, while your other two "Chet Qualified" pump builders where spending time with there inventions, Jack at MPD was working on customers boats. You ask if Jack has invented anything? Sure he has, but he doesn't need to go market it to make more money, he is already over worked as it is.
Let me ask you something Chet, do you drive a FORD? Since H. Ford invented the car, why would anyone buy any other brand? Since FORD invented the car, it must be the best.
Since we are talking about inventions, do you think the Jet-A-Way and DPS inducer are mildstone inventions? Yes, they do help out the sport of boating, but there concept is nothing new. These two guys just applied a proven idea to a different application. If they where really the first inventors of an Inducer impeller and basically a clutch, they would have a hell of alot more money then we could ever count.
So lets face it, you have some lame ass reason not to use MPD but you won't even give them a call and see what Jack has to say or what he and his shop are all about.....but you want everyone else to use anyone but MPD......hm!
Chet: 87mph with 700hp (Aggressor & "Not MPD")
HBjet: 80mph with 425hp (Berk/Legend & MPD)
I'm not saying anything, just showing the numbers.....something Chet likes to see :D

HBjet
11-30-2002, 08:34 PM
Spectra19:
Thanks, Scott :) Scott, if your just going to be getting a basic rebuild and maybe a few other things, I would call around and see who you are comfortable with. If it's a full on race deal, I would go with Jack!
Also, my personal choice would be Jack at MPD because I work one street over and he knows my hull better then anyone else.
HBjet
[ November 30, 2002, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

ChetCapoli
11-30-2002, 08:48 PM
How about this one then...mike@ REX MARINE...he is close and he takes the time to post here so he deserves to be considered also. :)
About your championships there big boy...seems a racer who has a guy named tom "the pump man" morrow took that 10K this year in that big midwest shootout your man visits every year. Did you know that or did you think his pump was done in costa mesa too??
As a side note to mike@rex and your "disagreement".... there is a flip side to that "invention status" and how some people are put above the "inventors"(specifically these boards) and not just considered equals which is the way it should be. Hope that sounded right.
HI MISSHBJET! Where's your man on this one?? :)
CHET

ChetCapoli
11-30-2002, 08:49 PM
Seems i posted :D tooooo soooon.

ChetCapoli
11-30-2002, 08:58 PM
HBjet:
Chet: 87mph with 700hp (Aggressor & "Not MPD")
HBjet: 80mph with 425hp (Berk/Legend & MPD)
I'm not saying anything, just showing the numbers.....something Chet likes to see D HEEHEEHEEHEE!! I LOVE IT! Good numbers there HB..good numbers! You left something out though...YOUR HULL IS THE FASTEST V BOTTOM EVER MADE if i recall(Jeff bennett design?) and with 700hp would be running well over 100mph. Mine is a mixinmatch of a crooked board and a misfit home brooed bottom design that i incorporated so...i'd say i'm not doing to bad. Glad your back though HB.
chet
[ November 30, 2002, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

HBjet
11-30-2002, 10:18 PM
ChetCapoli:
YOUR HULL IS THE FASTEST V BOTTOM EVER MADE if i recall(Jeff bennett design?)No, I never said that! Because I'm sure there are other vee's faster then mine (hull wise)

spectras only
11-30-2002, 11:51 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Spectra19:
No one up here to do the work spectra19 , now that you've mentioned you're from the NW, check with www.californiamarine.com (http://www.californiamarine.com) .It is in the northwest, only the wrong side of the 49th parallel :p . Sorry for the spam, :D .

ChetCapoli
12-01-2002, 09:08 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HBjet:
No, I never said that! Because I'm sure there are other vee's faster then mine (hull wise)and not pump wise?? LMAO! :D
ah...i see hb....your sure now....let me guess you have absolutely no idea what v hull is faster if there really is one??? I gotta believe you are mistaken cuz i faintly remember a chit chat with a certain fella about that "liberty" hull and it noted to run in the area of 110 i think?? hmmmm....HB?? care to clarify?? I have memory lapses once in a while too. :)
As a sidenote..why didnt anyone ever think of california marine?? I think that is a great suggestion..they even specialize in spectras! You know though...same old crowd same old suggestion. How are we ever going to know who gives the most bang for your buck anyways??
CHET
[ December 01, 2002, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

HOSS
12-01-2002, 09:20 AM
Chet, I threw you a five dude. I too dare to be different. Too many people here know too damn much to learn a GOD damn thing.
Gotta love those bench racers!

MikeF
12-01-2002, 09:37 AM
C, Like you, The people who put together this boat were doing it to go faster.
They, on the other hand wanted to break the record, which they did, and held for approx 17 yrs.
This is the talent that went into making the "fastest v bottom". It may not be the fastest v bottom ever, but it held a record for a very long time. :D
Throwing crap is something that apes do when you look at them funny at the zoo. wink

77468sleekcraft
12-01-2002, 09:55 AM
SCOTT CALL SKAGEN BOATS IN AUBURN THEY ARE THE PLACE TO GO AROUND HERE

spectras only
12-01-2002, 07:10 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChetCapoli:
As a sidenote..why didnt anyone ever think of california marine? they even specialize in spectras! ,Chet ,we don't specialize in spectras wink ,just happen to have them :D . Don't really care what make of boat those jets or v-drives go in. :p

HBjet
12-02-2002, 04:13 PM
Sorry this is off the original topic of the post, but I have a question for my friend Chet.
Chet, if someone posted on the boards that they needed a good shop to send there pump to, and they said they live in Southern California "Orange County" and you where the first one to read the post, what would you do?
1) Not reply at all and wait for someone else to recommend a shop.
2) Ask him why he doesn't do the work himself
3) Recommend Hi-Tech or Don's and give him the shipping address and phone numbers
4) Recommend he go to MPD since it's closer to his location and several people on the board have been happy with there work
5) Other
I'm just curious what you would do. Thanks
HBjet
[ December 02, 2002, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

ChetCapoli
12-02-2002, 06:18 PM
HBjet:
Sorry this is off the original topic of the post, but I have a question for my friend Chet.
5) Other
I'm just curious what you would do. Thanks
HBjetThat's my answer. You know before i got a chance to respond you'd already be on it hb so my point is mute. As i have said over and over with all your kinda advertising i would do your work for free. Seems only fair to me. I bet i even helped in some way eh? :D BTW, are you gonna let me know which V is faster than yours??
CC <---------------------i like that!
P.S. HOSS thanks for the five....good lord knows i need it! Right back at ya!
[ December 02, 2002, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

Jordy
12-02-2002, 06:31 PM
ChetCrapoli:
You know before i got a chance to respond you'd already be on it hb so my point is mute. Mute has never seemed to be one of your character flaws Chet. Take this thread for example, I noticed two Capoli posts long before anything with HB's name showed up... then a Capoli post wondering where he was... Are you an HBJet junky Chet, perhaps you're the president of the fan club? :D :D

mi pingue
12-02-2002, 06:37 PM
Why has'nt anyone mentioned Dan Nelson st Jett Performance in Phx. Fastest jet boat in BGJ ever in IHBA and builds pumps for a living! HMMMMMM! Matt

Rexone
12-02-2002, 07:26 PM
Spectra19:
Thanks, Scott :) After reading through this thread I wouldn't blame Spectra 19 for never asking this forum another jet question, ever. geeez :rolleyes: There's lots of good jet guys out there. Why couldn't the man's question just be answered and left at that? Arguing about who invented what, what boat went faster, bla bla bla... who cares. The guy just wanted someone decent to do his pump. When he asked for any and all info I doubt whether this is exactly what he had in mind. Seems with some I guess on this forum and in life in general, everything just has to be made into an argument or challange some way. I'm personally not into it. If I'm off base here just tell me to STFU and I will. :D This is just my observation.
And mi pingue, there are dozens of good competent jet guys not mentioned in this thread so don't feel bad cause Dan wasn't mentioned.
As an edit to this post I'd like to add...I'm not raggin on Chet or HB or anyone else here and I think your debate or whatever it is, is fine. Everyone has a right to express their opinion in whatever manner they wish, that's what makes this country great. I just think that this thread was a poor place to do it in, in response to this new member's simple request for help. Just my opinion... expressed :)
[ December 03, 2002, 04:20 AM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

Oldsquirt
12-02-2002, 08:06 PM
Mike, I'm with you 100% on your assessment of this thread. Absolutely no need to STFU :D

84 Schiada
12-02-2002, 10:04 PM
2 months ago I had my pump gone through by GS Marine in Corona CA. I knew nothing about jet pumps and Greg told me just what I needed for what I wanted.The best thing is I took it in on Monday and he was calling me on Thursday.Oh by the way it works great.just my .02cents worth

flat broke
12-02-2002, 10:36 PM
Scott,
Aside from all the debating etc, you asked for a recommendation on a pump guy. Seeing as how I have been very pleased with the work done by Jack at MPD and his extremely helpful and professional nature, my recommendation would be to give him a call and see what he can do for you. His number is 949-631-2040. It's not a claim about who's better, or who invented what, just my personal recommendation from one jetter to another.
Good luck,
Chris

Blown 472
12-03-2002, 06:10 AM
I use Jack and I live in wisconsin, I know a bunch of people that have jets and when I bought mine they told me to talk to him, I did and now he does my pump work. You use who ever you want just talk to them first, cust service is tops for me and Jack will take his time and talk to you and not act like he is in a hurry and trying to get you off the phone. Dounuts anyone? chet what kind do you want?

76 Sleekcraft
12-03-2002, 08:59 AM
Spectra, Im in the same boat with you. Excuse the pun.
I have my berkeley pump already boxed up and ready to ship to someone. I have talked to a bunch of people and got a bunch of diffrent opinions. I have talked to Jack at MPD. I have talked to Don at Dons Pump service. I have talked to Greg Shoemaker at GS Marine. That is the three that I have narrowed my choice down to. These guys all seem to know what they are talking about. They all were friendly and seemed to be genuinely interested in my boat and what I was wanting to achieve. The main difference was that some wanted to replace my impeller while some did not. The prices were about the same with the impeller cost being the determining factor.
My cost will be in the neighborhood of two grand if I get everything done, including a new place diverter. This is less shipping. Me, being on the east coast, will cost about $80 bucks each way to the Golden State.
I have not made a decision yet, but I will before the end of the week and ship the pump out.
May I suggest that you call some of these folks and decide for yourself. As posted before, there are several out there who can do a good job, you must decide on who you want to work on it.
Just my .02, I know its not much help, If I knew the correct, exact, 100% bulletproof answer, My pump would already be on its way. Decisions, Decisions, good luck.

ChetCapoli
12-03-2002, 07:26 PM
Blown 472:
You use who ever you want just talk to them first, cust service is tops for me and Jack will take his time and talk to you and not act like he is in a hurry and trying to get you off the phone. Dounuts anyone? chet what kind do you want?I want a snowball 472, cuz i think old hb makes the best in So CAL and the nation for that matter . I gotta ask ya though 472, who have you ever talked with that tried to get you off the phone and wasnt interested in your biz?? I have heard of this before on this board but i just can't imagine it. Reminds of that guy from Louisiana who thinks that jetboatperformance is the greatest place in the whole world because of the customer service....he never answered me either with regards to my "who did you call that had shitty service" question. The worst i ever had was the CP performance "CP could you hold please?" EVERY time you call...you could call that place at 8AM sharp and you would get the same thing...then you are on hold for say up to 5 minutes sometimes...whew..glad they pay for the call and not me. So, i was just curious.
As for you jordypud, maybe we can get together and start up a club eh?? Your a pretty good HBjet cheerleader yourself you know. Do you help him with the donuts?? BTW, i really cant recall what kind of boat you said you have...could you be so kind as to refresh my memory???
As i sidenote(again) to mike@ rex...if you have time just go back to old HBjet vs. ChetCapoli(Leg/Berk vs. Aggressor) threads in the last say...year or so and then make your assesment on how these things get started.
CC <---------------------------- i like that!
[ December 03, 2002, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

Johnwithjm
12-03-2002, 07:34 PM
Spectra19:
Thanks, Scott :) Tom Papp Racing does great work.

Jordy
12-03-2002, 07:40 PM
ChetCapoli:
Your a pretty good HBjet cheerleader yourself you know. Do you help him with the donuts?? BTW, i really cant recall what kind of boat you said you have...could you be so kind as to refresh my memory???
CC <---------------------------- i like that!Why don't you dig back through the threads there CC (only because I know you like it, and it doesn't take much to entertain a small mind apparently) and see where I have ever been a cheerleader for anyone. You can start on this thread right here if it makes you feel better. If anyone around here is guilty of that it would be you Cheerleader Chet.
Funny thing, I don't get on here and talk about my boat, how fast or slow it may or may not be, or knock around the experiences people have had with certain companies. If I'm asked directly, I'm certain to have an opinion, otherwise, I pretty much just keep it to myself. Perhaps you should give it a shot.
Look through the thread, rather than make a suggestion like the guy was looking for, you start slamming the suggestions that were made and the qualifications of the shops, i.e. what they had invented, and spewing bullshit about the shop you like. You know, to put it mildly, I wouldn't want you as a cheerleader for anything that had my name on it Chet as you seem to garner a certain hostility whenever you surface.
You are always good for a laugh though. Figure God must have created retards like you because he had no idea that TV would ever be invented.
Later Chet.
http://www.orbit3d.com/bbs/sitincorner.jpg

Jordy
12-03-2002, 07:42 PM
And to you Spectra19 and the others, sorry you get responses like this when you are looking for a simple answer to a simple question.
Go with whoever makes you feel comfortable. There are lots of great suggestions on the thread and I don't think you would go wrong with any of them.
Jordan

565edge
12-03-2002, 08:26 PM
Johnwithjm:
Spectra19:
Thanks, Scott :) Tom Papp Racing does great work.I can second that!Tom is a one of the best,he is a hard worker,gets it done fast and is one cool mo f^*ker !He also builds some bad ass boats!He has done more than one boat for me and every time he gets it done ahead of time!Chet tear hbjet up!

Rexone
12-03-2002, 08:32 PM
Chet, I really haven't the time or the desire to search back through a years worth of threads to find the origin of the debate between yourself and HBjet and frankly I don't even care how it all started or what it's about. My only gripe is that it was brought here to pollute the legitimate and meaningful answers to Spectra 19's original question. Slammin others suggestions just because you don't like Jack for whatever reason just seems wrong. My thought is that Hi Tech or Don's could have been mentioned as good sources and left at that. The fact that someone else invented something doesn't mean they're better (or worse) at building pumps than Jack is. Just the tone of your response would imply that was a big advantage for them (being inventors) in building pumps. If you'd posted some meaningful information as to why Jack would "not" be a good choice then that might be different, but if that's there I missed it. There's obviously lot's of supporters for Jack here too. Personally I think any of the guys you mentioned or the others have mentioned are quite capable of fixing a pump. The hostility and taunting in the above posts IMO is just not necessary or beneficial in answering S19's question although it could be interpreted as excellent entertainment if posted in bench racing. No offence intended Chet, just stating what I see from the above. :)

ChetCapoli
12-05-2002, 06:31 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jordanpaulk:
Funny thing, I don't get on here and talk about my boat, how fast or slow it may or may not be, or knock around the experiences people have had with certain companies. If I'm asked directly, I'm certain to have an opinion, otherwise, I pretty much just keep it to myself.
I see this,i asked you several times as to what kind of boat you have to which you have no reply. I've never asked you anything directly aside from your boat but yet you have this thing with getting involved with hb and I..maybe just me in general(something to do with the dancing tigger??)Why is that? YOU keep to yourself?? With over 2400posts...sure pal!
Look through the thread, rather than make a suggestion like the guy was looking for, you start slamming the suggestions that were made and the qualifications of the shops, i.e. what they had invented, and spewing bullshit about the shop you like.
Really now....hmmm..interesting. If it wasnt for me pal there would be only one shop mentioned over and over...it is I who bring difference to the table. As far as spewing BS..there only a COUPLE shops i like and i hardly IF ever mention them..what shop have your mentioned in this thread if AT ALL if you dont mind tellin??
You know, to put it mildly, I wouldn't want you as a cheerleader for anything that had my name on it Chet as you seem to garner a certain hostility whenever you surface.
So what does that have to do with going fast,likin jets and saving money in the process which most people on here do aside from the latter sometimes???? I'm just like a certain #3 in a way, god bless his soul, liked...hated...but NEVER ignored.
You are always good for a laugh though. Figure God must have created retards like you because he had no idea that TV would ever be invented.
Me a laugh..better look in the mirror MR. dancing tigger fruitcake(what's up with that??) I'm not the one with over 2400posts here you are...and i'm willing to bet most if not all are just pure BS with no mention of jets. Lots of time on your hands for sure
Later jordypud. :D
To mike@rex,
if you dont want to know history that fine but then try not to get involved because you dont have any idea with regards to this. If it wasnt for me i strongly feel this would be a SCal board and all the other great pump builders in the country would be left out understand? I would go so far as to say these SCal boys still wouldnt know that there is a whole group of dedicated jet guys(who can and have gone just as fast) east of the colorado river if i didnt help it along. BTW, if you werent here to post i dont think anyone here would mention you..sadly...if anything i'm helping your cause. It is you that should be on the bandwagon of "there are alot of great pump guys and i am sure there is one near you"..rather than "jack at mpd is the man you want". Says who?? Do these guys have experience with others?? NO! "He wins at the races"...sure near him...what about the rest of the US(big place you know)???? He lost to Tom "the pump man" Morrow in that 10K purse didnt he?? HB doesnt' even know who tom morrow is for gods sake....its' sad...really is. Get my point? :) Anyways, As a sidenote, i called rex over the summer and you wouldnt match price with CP on a forward/reverse jet shifter so i went to them...same shifter probably get it from the same place..what up with that?
CHET
[ December 05, 2002, 06:34 AM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

Blown 472
12-05-2002, 07:03 AM
Sorry Chet I wont tell who I was talking to on the phone or who I was not. I have talked to more than one pump builder and have no desire to bad mouth anyone unlike you.
I will tell you this, when I bought my boat in Ill, and I live in wisconsin, I looked in the back of hot boat mag and started calling people to get an idea of what to do with my boat, as a matter of fact I did have some work done with a shop in Ill, I was not happy with it and called my former service manager at sunset ford, which I remembered he had a jet boat, I asked him who did his work and I called Jack, the rest is history.
I simply said that I get great customer service from Jack.
Must be rough going thru life with such a little dick you have to take everyone on.
[ December 05, 2002, 07:17 AM: Message edited by: Blown 472 ]

Oldsquirt
12-05-2002, 09:13 AM
ChetCapoli:
Hey bigboy,
Since i know you have used them all to make a statement like that what is your experience with say, hi-tech???
CHETChet, you were the second person to respond to Spectra19's question. But rather than making a simple recommendation for Duane/Hi-Tech Performance, you found it neccessary to first take a shot at the new guy(been here for a month) who happened to recommend MPD. Would you have done the same if he recommended Walt or GS or Tom Papp? Doubtful. It's this sort of thing that has caused most anyone who has read your posts to lose respect not just for you, but for your opinions as well. I wonder how many people would skip right past a recommendation for Duane based soley on the fact that someone with your history of confrontational behavior here has recommended him? Recommending the shops/parts you like does not require bashing the others or those who use them.
For the record, I have found Duane to be quite helpful through his posts here and on the Banderlog board. He is knowledgable, informative and seems like a downright nice guy. If not for the fact he is a half a continent away, I might have chosen him for my pump work.
As far as Mike@RexMarine needing to read up on your history here before commenting, get real! All he needs to do is read your posts on this thread to have the "Reader's Digest" version. The pattern is always the same.
As for this:
ChetCapoli:
....Anyways, As a sidenote, i called rex over the summer and you wouldnt match price with CP on a forward/reverse jet shifter so i went to them...same shifter probably get it from the same place..what up with that?
CHETPerhaps they knew who you were and figured their business would improve if you were to recommend CP Performance wink

HBjet
12-05-2002, 09:15 AM
RiverDave:
the DAY the cav reducer was first installed on the first jet, they were doing something that nobody else was. By doing that they were being "cutting edge"Do you actually think this "Inducer" infront of an impeller which pushes water is something NEW to the world? Well, it's not. It's a technology that was simply applied to the "Jet Pump" for boats. So cutting edge may not be the right choice of words there!
HBjet

HBjet
12-05-2002, 09:22 AM
ChetCapoli:
If it wasnt for me i strongly feel this would be a SCal board and all the other great pump builders in the country would be left out understand?So who is the cheerleader now?
Everyone, Chet is like a fly. If you pay attention to him he pisses you off. If you ignore him, you don't even know he's there.
HBjet
[ December 05, 2002, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

Oldsquirt
12-05-2002, 09:32 AM
RiverDave:
.....Personally I have a solution to all the jet problems.. I.E. low speed, cavitation, etc..
Sell it and buy a prop.
RDBut Dave, wouldn't that ultimately require a band-aid and a lawyer?
You made some good points, but the intake grates( which would be more accurately called "loaders") were also invented by someone to solve a problem. They weren't intended to cure cavitation on take off, but rather, to keep the pump more evenly loaded at higher speed in order to achieve higher speeds.
Is not the "inducer" also just a band-aid? It covers up the existance of a problem, but it does not eliminate the cause of the problem.
As was mentioned in the thread about lawsuits over prop related injuries, perhaps the jet is the drive of the future. :D

flat broke
12-05-2002, 10:31 AM
RiverDave:
HBjet:
RiverDave:
the DAY the cav reducer was first installed on the first jet, they were doing something that nobody else was. By doing that they were being "cutting edge"Do you actually think this "Inducer" infront of an impeller which pushes water is something NEW to the world? Well, it's not. It's a technology that was simply applied to the "Jet Pump" for boats. So cutting edge may not be the right choice of words there!
HBjetOk, how about this "cutting edge for the marine industry."
If you would though to edumucate me a little bit show me an inducer in front of an impeller outside of the marine industry. Not saying it doesn't exist, I'm just saying I've never seen one with my limited experience around pumps. Typically if a "pump" has a cavitation problem in the world of industry it will never see market place. They will redesign the intake, Impeller, exhaust etc... to get maximum efficiency out of it.
Personally I think the inducer is a band aid as well and the whole pump should be redesigned, but that's another discussion.
RDDave,
Actually its not even cutting edge for jet pumps. Large commercial craft pumps are sometimes multi-stage, and a lot of the white water racers in NZ run multiple stage Hamilton pumps.
These pumps run staged impellers with a smaller impeller feeding into a larger or heavier pitched impeller. The effect is exactly the same. To preload the larger impeller with water so that the more aggressive pitch will be less likely to cavitate.
To the best of my knowledge both of the designs/applications above predate the DPS inducer. :p
Chris
[ December 05, 2002, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: flat broke ]

HBjet
12-05-2002, 05:49 PM
RiverDave:
Let me rephrase it again!Let me rephrase it!
"Stick with something you know"
:D HBjet

Johnwithjm
12-05-2002, 06:22 PM
RD loves jets and is an expert in the jet field. Kinda the jetboatguru around here. After all his own boat is a former jet boat :D

Rexone
12-05-2002, 08:45 PM
ChetCapoli:
To mike@rex,
if you dont want to know history that fine but then try not to get involved because you dont have any idea with regards to this.[/b]
Chet my involvement here does not pertain to whatever disagreement you may have with HBjet. It pertains to S19's question being answered without others suggestions being slammed. With regards to that I think I have a very good idea of what's up here. I have no intention of becoming involved in your bantering with HBjet. And I have read portions of your threads in the past and have to agree with Old Squirt that the pattern is always the same. Taunting and hostility towards others seem to accompany you around the board like dried cowshit on an old boot.
If it wasnt for me i strongly feel this would be a SCal board and all the other great pump builders in the country would be left out understand? I would go so far as to say these SCal boys still wouldnt know that there is a whole group of dedicated jet guys(who can and have gone just as fast) east of the colorado river if i didnt help it along.
My suggestion is that if you want the eastern voice heard, do it in a more friendly manner and don't always try to shove it up everyone's ass sideways. And why is it you feel so responsible for all these great pump builders? Are their large numbers of satisfied customers unable to speak? eek!
BTW, if you werent here to post i dont think anyone here would mention you..sadly...if anything i'm helping your cause. It is you that should be on the bandwagon of "there are alot of great pump guys and i am sure there is one near you"..rather than "jack at mpd is the man you want".
You helping my cause :rolleyes: I really don't think our causes are at all similar, perhaps you should just concentrate on yours. wink Chet we don't build jet pumps here so I would not expect to be mentioned in a jet pump building thread. And if you'll read my posts what you've stated about there being alot of great pump guys out there is exactly what I've said more than once. I have nothing against Jack or anyone else that builds pumps Chet so I think you have some confusion going on there as to what my "cause" is.
Says who?? Do these guys have experience with others?? NO! "He wins at the races"...sure near him...what about the rest of the US(big place you know)???? He lost to Tom "the pump man" Morrow in that 10K purse didnt he?? HB doesnt' even know who tom morrow is for gods sake....its' sad...really is. Get my point? :)
Who won whatever race has absolutely nothing to do with whether anyone can build a pump adequately and correctly. I'm assuming that your stating that Jack lost a race to Tom Morrow, therefore he isn't good at building pumps... well Chet that's absolute bullshit. Racing is just that, and on any given day the results of a race can be different due to a myriad of factors. To even suggest that anyone doesn't know his shit because he lost a race just shows how little knowledge you really have about what makes a person good or otherwise regarding working on jet pumps.
Anyways, As a sidenote, i called rex over the summer and you wouldnt match price with CP on a forward/reverse jet shifter so i went to them...same shifter probably get it from the same place..what up with that?
(I really look forward to these little sidenotes) :) I'll tell you exactly "what" up with that Chet. We protect our dealers which we have about 500 of in the US presently. How would you like it if you were Mr. Boat Dealer in Kansas stocking Rex shifters and Rex Marine undercut the price you quoted to a customer? Probably not worth a shit I would think. You probably wouldn't be buying too many more Rex shifters either. This is Rex Marine, not Rex Chet names his own price Swap Meet. We on many occations have to pass up retail sales to protect our dealer network. We establish pricing that's competitive and where we can make a little profit to stay in business. There's always someone that will cut a price. Every industry has them. And I'm not bashing CP here either so don't mis-interpret this. For all I know it was our shifter you bought from them as we do lots of business back and forth. The bottom line is that if everyone let all their customers dictate all the pricing, no one would make any money and all the parts suppliers would be out of business. Then you'd be building your own shifter out in the garage out of a overpriced block of aluminum on your days off.
If you walk into Home Depot and see a garden hose for $20 and you know that Lowe's down the street has em for $19.50, you think the Home Depot cashier's gonna sell you that hose for $19.00 just because you threaten not to buy it? ...not likely. You're gonna be waste'in your time driven over to Lowes (or in your case callin 4 or 5 other marine suppliers) to save that 50 cents.
Now I'll give you a little challenge Chet since you seem to be way into challenges and stirrin shit up. See if you can just make it through the rest the year without badmouthing anyone, arguing with anyone, bein mean to anyone, even perhaps ignore HBjet (oh no not that!)... I'll take bets you can't do it. argue eek! And by the way Chet, just because I'm givin you a little shit here doesn't mean I don't value your business or wouldn't buy ya a beer sometime...I just call em like I see em :D
[ December 06, 2002, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

MikeC
12-05-2002, 09:00 PM
Pretty funny stuff! Good comments Mike@Rex.....
Hey Chet, do you happen to know the Cubic inches, or the HP and how much NOS that some of the boats run at the 10K dash? It's the same thing HB has been saying, 425 vs 700,, I think the Hot Tub is 500 cubes and I believe I read, no Blue bottle was found in the boat that weekend.
If I'm wrong, someone please clearify this!
MikeC

Johnwithjm
12-05-2002, 09:05 PM
Hey Mike C the hot tub runs Nos most of the time just not in the brackets

77charger
12-05-2002, 09:06 PM
HOLY COW chet is back!
Besides that i am no longer a jet owner but will say talk to jack at mpd he did wonders on my old boat!

SPECTRABRENT
12-05-2002, 09:08 PM
Spectra19,
I would recomend Jim Brock @ Cyclone Speed and Marine. Jim does excellent work and needs the money (just kidding).
Jim's phone # is 818-890-1867.
Jim is the www.spectramarine.com (http://www.spectramarine.com) jet expert.
Brent
[ December 05, 2002, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: SPECTRABRENT ]

12-05-2002, 10:44 PM
SPECTRABRENT:
Spectra19,
I would recomend Jim Brock @ Cyclone Speed and Marine. Jim does excellent work and needs the money (just kidding).
Jim's phone # is 818-890-1867.
Jim is the www.spectramarine.com (http://www.spectramarine.com) jet expert.
BrentI 2nd the motion :) :)

HBjet
12-05-2002, 11:59 PM
RiverDave:
How many inducers have you put in?Damn! Ok RiverDave, you got me there. I guess you know more now... smilespi

ChetCapoli
12-06-2002, 07:01 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rexone:
Taunting and hostility towards others seem to accompany you around the board like dried cowshit on an old boot.
As i stated before nicely, read the old stuff before coming off with a statement like that. Have you ever seen all the pictures put up here in reference to me...i doubt it. Man the time it must take to find all those much less MAKE the pictures....over 2400post says it all! This is between hb and I for the most part..so if you dont like it read else where. I'm sure S19 got more information than what he originaly thought with a little added entertainment for his viewing and i'm sure he'll post again(11posts). I bet if you asked him he would agree.
My suggestion is that if you want the eastern voice heard, do it in a more friendly manner and don't always try to shove it up everyone's ass sideways. Are their large numbers of satisfied customers unable to speak?
I've noticed it's the only way..especially with a dominant west voice and guys like HBJET. Good last question though..where are they i dont know...maybe HB and the cheerleaders scared them away.
if you'll read my posts what you've stated about there being alot of great pump guys out there is exactly what I've said more than once. I have nothing against Jack or anyone else that builds pumps Chet so I think you have some confusion going on there as to what my "cause" is.
Again, i have nothing against a(thee?) great pump builder either.. as far as confusion(CA confusion) on why you are here...maybe to spam rex?? That would be the obvious choice but who knows. Kinda busy for freetime here i would think. BTW, I dont recall you stating all the great pump guys originally or no one in particular that is.
Who won whatever race has absolutely nothing to do with whether anyone can build a pump adequately and correctly. I'm assuming that your stating that Jack lost a race to Tom Morrow, therefore he isn't good at building pumps... well Chet that's absolute bullshit.
In typical CA fashion my statment is taken out of context..do you like snowball donuts mike?? HB makes some good ones. Let me spell it out for you so you dont ASSUME...whomever said "he wins at all the races out here" or something like that so i was referring to that long story short. So does that mean mike that because HE wins at all the races OUT THERE the OTHERS aren't good at building pumps??? Assumption on my part???geezes... :rolleyes:
To even suggest that anyone doesn't know his shit because he lost a race just shows how little knowledge you really have about what makes a person good or otherwise regarding working on jet pumps.
again, a CA way of taking something out of context...i did NOT say that or REMOTELY suggest or imply that. I think it's about time to take a break before we're off to talk about the business side down below and why you would let a customer walk over 50 cents hypothetically with the chet pics his price swap meet attitude. :D We have to keep them seperate you know to eliminate this "confusion" :confused: :D
CHET
[ December 06, 2002, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

Lightning
12-06-2002, 09:08 AM
Can someone pass the popcorn? :D

HBjet
12-06-2002, 11:12 AM
Let's ask this question...
Who has Chet been on sides with here?
Slowboat - E.M.A.D. - RR1/001
MillerKiller - 565Edge
Now, let's evaluate these other individuals....
Yeah, Chet doesn't know what he's talking about. He says we turn things around and he's calling me a Cheerleader for a pump builder, when he forces Aggressor in everyone’s face and says he has to stick up for the East Coast. Well, isn't that Cheerleading? Hell Chet, you’re the damn Cheer Captin!
Let's not forget who where talking about here. Chet had an 80mph boat with 700hp and noticed there was major hook in his hull. To make the boat faster He took over a year flipping the boat over and removing the hook himself and with some professional help too. After making all sorts of mods including extending the inside lifting strakes to the rear of the hull (that was a no-no) and painting the boat and putting the 700hp motor in with his new Aggressor pump, he topped out at an earth shattering 87mph.
Major achievement there bud! I would still wonder though why a dyno'd at 700hp motor is only pushing a 18-19 foot jet boat 87mph and you installed your new Aggressor pump. Heck, without doing all the bottom work, that new pump should have given you an additional 5mph with the bowl and 7 with the impeller right? Or was it 7 with the bowl and 5 with the impeller? Anyways, that's 12mph right there so without flipping the boat over, you should have seen 92mph right out the gate. So something is wrong there bud!
HBjet
[ December 06, 2002, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

rivercrazy
12-06-2002, 11:17 AM
After making all sorts of mods including extending the inside lifting strakes to the rear of the hull (that was a no-no)
That depends on the hull. With a strait 18-19 foot low profile bottom, I agree with ya. For a heavier jet boat, extending those strakes will add very needed lift and top end.....

Havasu Hangin'
12-06-2002, 11:32 AM
Lightning:
Can someone pass the popcorn? :D http://www.lamer.net/thread-ugly.gif

eliminatya
12-06-2002, 01:18 PM
hb jet why are you so anti aggressor. the stuff works. two weeks ago i took my 21' out and with me(225 lbs) and miller killer(330 lbs) in the boat we saw 102 mph on the gps at 6200 rpm. this is with an aggressor mag-bronze a/b and aggressor bowl. and this is with only 15lbs of intake pressure, the impeller needs more water, was told i need to see between 30-40lbs. also with only 25 degrees of total ignition advance and 8 psi of boost. the bottom line is i doubt many other 21 daytonas see that speed with that low of rpm and that cut impeller. i feel that this is due to my aggressor parts and my pump and setup guy tom papp. so show some love instead of always hting on aggressor. by the way im sure your gonna talk about the stretch limo, but lets see what i see when i bolt on the intercooler and more boost.

HBjet
12-06-2002, 01:19 PM
rivercrazy:
That depends on the hull. With a strait 18-19 foot low profile bottom, I agree with ya. For a heavier jet boat, extending those strakes will add very needed lift and top end.....Listen Prop Boy! :)
If you would have read all of my post, you would see where his boat is 18-19ft and if it was a 23ft boat or larger, then I would be shocked if it was a jet with 700hp running 87mph.
HBjet :D
[ December 06, 2002, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

rivercrazy
12-06-2002, 01:33 PM
Well....
I can see where your coming from, but your statement about extending inside strakes was never specific to a smaller jet boat. It was more general in nature.
And as for the comment about being a prop boy - pull your head out (LOL J/K :D :D )....I still gotta a jet boat Mr. HB

MikeC
12-06-2002, 01:56 PM
"102 mph on the gps at 6200 rpm. this is with an aggressor mag-bronze a/b and aggressor bowl. The bottom line is I doubt many other 21 daytonas see that speed with that low of rpm and that cut impeller."
I raced a guy from Water Wheel, "Turkey Lips" 21 foot Daytona, I didn't have a chance in hell. Nice guy he says 106 with 750 hp, 5800 rpms, Carborated, before the NOS......... Berk/MPD.
I also ran a guy from down at MacIntyre, 21 foot EDGE, BIG ole blower, I smoked him for awhile, he kinda caught up, after I let off of it.... Nice guy, say's 102, but was having a porposing problem at speed.
"by the way im sure your gonna talk about the stretch limo, but lets see what i see when i bolt on the intercooler and more boost. "
You better add the intercooler, and another Blower before you even think about it!
See ya at the river,
MikeC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ December 06, 2002, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: MikeC ]

roco racing
12-06-2002, 03:23 PM
102mph with 500lbs of meat in the seats vs.stretch limo in the mid 8s @ 130mph.-hardly comparable...still runnin hard though eliminatya. sqsmile

Rexone
12-06-2002, 03:51 PM
Chet,
You're absolutely right dude, calling you dried cowshit on an old boot was uncalled for. You have my apology. :) And I have no desire to read or search to find 2400 posts between you and HB.
As far as taking anything out of context or misquoting you...didn't happen. Quoted directly from your post there dude in every instance.
Chet, you and I obviously have some different views on things but that's ok, I don't have a problem with it. You guys can also dump out that popcorn cause I won't engage in any further arguing with Chet here (or anywhere). I'm not into it. Lifes too short to waste energy on these kinds of exchanges and it does no one any benefit. Some people just like to argue about anything and everything... argue I'm not one of em. :)
Rexone, out :D
[ December 06, 2002, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

roco racing
12-06-2002, 05:03 PM
i agree this has gotten pretty lame.props to rex for keeping his cool and not blowing everything out of proportion when someone talks sh*t Personally im here to learn about boats not for the drama... have a good weekend...cs

jweeks123
12-06-2002, 09:44 PM
eliminatya:
hb jet why are you so anti aggressor. the stuff works. two weeks ago i took my 21' out and with me(225 lbs) and miller killer(330 lbs) in the boat we saw 102 mph on the gps at 6200 rpm. this is with an aggressor mag-bronze a/b and aggressor bowl. and this is with only 15lbs of intake pressure, the impeller needs more water, was told i need to see between 30-40lbs. also with only 25 degrees of total ignition advance and 8 psi of boost. the bottom line is i doubt many other 21 daytonas see that speed with that low of rpm and that cut impeller. i feel that this is due to my aggressor parts and my pump and setup guy tom papp. so show some love instead of always hting on aggressor. by the way im sure your gonna talk about the stretch limo, but lets see what i see when i bolt on the intercooler and more boost.why don't you bring it out to the next NJBA race and see what it does on the clocks. of course that would be without m/k aboard. there's other 21 tunnels out there besides the "Limo". the rasberry colored one runs pretty good. also bring out that "Maximus" guy. his should be pretty quick.
in some circles this action would be called "walking the walk". :)
jw

565edge
12-06-2002, 10:37 PM
jweeks123:
eliminatya:
hb jet why are you so anti aggressor. the stuff works. two weeks ago i took my 21' out and with me(225 lbs) and miller killer(330 lbs) in the boat we saw 102 mph on the gps at 6200 rpm. this is with an aggressor mag-bronze a/b and aggressor bowl. and this is with only 15lbs of intake pressure, the impeller needs more water, was told i need to see between 30-40lbs. also with only 25 degrees of total ignition advance and 8 psi of boost. the bottom line is i doubt many other 21 daytonas see that speed with that low of rpm and that cut impeller. i feel that this is due to my aggressor parts and my pump and setup guy tom papp. so show some love instead of always hting on aggressor. by the way im sure your gonna talk about the stretch limo, but lets see what i see when i bolt on the intercooler and more boost.why don't you bring it out to the next NJBA race and see what it does on the clocks. of course that would be without m/k aboard. there's other 21 tunnels out there besides the "Limo". the rasberry colored one runs pretty good. also bring out that "Maximus" guy. his should be pretty quick.
jwI've been helping eliminatya with this project,the boat is pretty impressive,i'm making some shims to drop shoe down to get more water presure,his intercooler shoud be here next week(thanks superdave),the timing will be turned up and we will poor some boost to it,he was making only around 6 poonds of boost when we took it out,He has a tout motor now,588" chevy,8:8to1,merlin tall deck,ported dart pro-1 345's with inconnel exhaust,.750 lift roller,8:71,richard lee intercooler,dual 1150 dominators,magna flow fuel system,i think with 15 punds of boost and intercooler,timing up to 30-32 degree,s and get some more pump pressure this lake boat should see around 115-120.These big boats are fun to ride in,this boat is a family boat.THE AGGRESSOR PARTS DID HELP,now he's evacuwaiting (sp) the pump pressure and we need to increase it.later

ChetCapoli
12-06-2002, 10:38 PM
[QB]Let's ask this question...
He says we turn things around and he's calling me a Cheerleader for a pump builder, when he forces Aggressor in everyone’s face and says he has to stick up for the East Coast.
i force aggressor in everyones face?? sure. :rolleyes:
Let's not forget who where talking about here. Chet had an 80mph boat with 700hp and noticed there was major hook in his hull. To make the boat faster He took over a year flipping the boat over and removing the hook himself and with some professional help too. After making all sorts of mods including extending the inside lifting strakes to the rear of the hull (that was a no-no) and painting the boat and putting the 700hp motor in with his new Aggressor pump, he topped out at an earth shattering 87mph.
again your wrong HB, everything is the same EXCEPT fixing the bottom..same pump just a different intake. Just why are the strakes to the end a no no since your soooo smart???? The boat rides like it's on rails and I'm not done yet....i'm not done! There's more mph to be had i'm sure of it...just going take some more time
Major achievement there bud! I would still wonder though why a dyno'd at 700hp motor is only pushing a 18-19 foot jet boat 87mph and you installed your new Aggressor pump.
not true
Heck, without doing all the bottom work, that new pump should have given you an additional 5mph with the bowl and 7 with the impeller right? Or was it 7 with the bowl and 5 with the impeller? Anyways, that's 12mph right there so without flipping the boat over, you should have seen 92mph right out the gate. So something is wrong there bud!
What's wrong is you dont know what your talking about...get the facts straight will ya! Listen...a VERY comparable MPD boat(mr. ls7's southwind.... the million pound hull with twice as much money invested) ran 91 something mph at the drags so...... i'm a whole 4mph of the pace of "where you have to be" so what's your point?? If i beat that number your gonna hear it from me loud and clear....maybe it will be that berkeley bowl! :D
CHET
[ December 06, 2002, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

MikeC
12-07-2002, 01:21 PM
"There's more mph to be had i'm sure of it...just going take some more time"
Chet, now your starting to make some sense. Not much, but a little.
Welcome to the RealJetBoat club.
Did you get any action pics before the frost? I'll scan and post them for ya.

MAXIMUS
12-09-2002, 10:00 AM
why don't you bring it out to the next NJBA race and see what it does on the clocks. of course that would be without m/k aboard. there's other 21 tunnels out there besides the "Limo". the rasberry colored one runs pretty good. also bring out that "Maximus" guy. his should be pretty quick.
No need to drag me into this! I don't need to "walk the walk". I have more fun in my own world! eek!

Bow Tie Omega
12-09-2002, 11:03 AM
I agree with Rexone. Spectra, I have been looking for someone to work on my panther. I can not go to MPD, they do not work on Panthers. I called this Andy Dominguez guy that everyone with Panthers talked about. He tried to tell me about all of this difficult machine work that he would have to do and it would cost anything between $800 and $2000, depending on what I wanted done, and that he built a Panther powered Jet that does over 90mph. I have no problem paying for work that I need done, but this seemed a litle steep, and if you have looked at a Panther Pump, there is not that much to them (no bowl). My dad turned me to Walts Hot Boat Service in Modesto. I talked to this guy via email, told him what my pump was doing. He tells me that he does not think that it needs to be touched, he also offered to tear it down, look at it himself and show me how to properly care for a Panther, for free. I do not know about you, but I was pretty impressed by that. Walt just won himself a future customer. Good luck...Joe
[ December 09, 2002, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Bow Tie Omega ]

77charger
12-09-2002, 05:47 PM
BTO i have spoken to walts before too while searching for a suction housing for my boat he didnt have one but gave the number to someoneelse who might.He was a very nice and informative guy on the phone and seemed like he knew what was up.If i lived near him i would most likely use him too.

cyclone
12-10-2002, 09:25 AM
on a lighter note, i fired up my boat today and woke the neighbors. boy that was fun. what did you guys do besides argue? Rodney king said it pretty well....