PDA

View Full Version : Very new to jets, got A ?

Carnival of Souls
01-13-2003, 07:04 AM
This may be A dumb question, but I have to ask.
Last week I came across A picklefork jet sitting in A guys barn. He said it used to be his sons, and he would like to get rid of it. I'm not sure if all the info I got from him was correct (he didn't seem to know much about it), but here's what he read to me off A piece of paper he found in the boat.
INFO:19' Young Blood, Original gel(looks great), Original interior(looks decent), Newer Trailer(looks good), Berkley 12j pump, 12" impeller, Electric place diverter, Ran 73mph with mild 454. There are also some extra parts to go with it, headers, braided lines, valve covers, etc.....
It is A good lookin' ride, but I don't know if it is worth what he wants for it($2300).It doesn't have A motor in it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.......

Liberator TJ1984
01-13-2003, 07:16 AM
if its in good shape guys down here have paid up to $ 5000.00 for one in excellent shape w/no motor...just my 02
Gopherrrr
ps...any way to post a pic ???
[ January 13, 2003, 07:17 AM: Message edited by: Liberator TJ1984 ]

Liberator TJ1984
01-13-2003, 07:22 AM
Of course I would not be interested in that style boat :rolleyes: myself wink Can you tell me where this boat is devil oh yea and a phone # too wink :D wink sounds like a good deal

76sanger
01-13-2003, 07:39 AM
$2300? heres what you do:
go to your bedroom. lift the mattress and grab $2315 from it. get in your pickup truck and drive to the nearest liquor store :cool: pick up a case of beer and go to this guys house. give him 23 $100 bills and the case of beer. then speed off (with the title) b4 he changes his mind.
jawdrop thats a steal for 2300!!!! then post some pics of it on here, and offer it to me for $2500. its worth the drive (wherever you live)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-13-2003, 08:24 AM
$2300 jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop if thats too much for you then I have a solution............ email 396 with the address and he will take the $$$$$$ issues off your hands. I promise that I will provide the boat with a good home :D :D J/K that is a smoking deal. 76sanger hit it right on the spot except he forgot 1 thing......... call off work the next day to fully inspect what you just stole from someone wink

76sanger
01-13-2003, 09:12 AM
HEY 396!!!!
i live in a rural farm area in upper michigan/northeast wisconsin. where the f*** are all these boats hidden in barns? well i hope he has the boat home by now. i mean he's had 6 hrs now since we notified him to hurry the hell up. oh yeah, just in case the farmer doesnt drink beer, pick up a bottle or 2 of booze to cover your bases and show good faith. be sure to offer a ride this summer when you have it complete. DAMN YOUR LUCKY!!!!

Carnival of Souls
01-14-2003, 12:00 PM
I went down to pick it up last night. Turns out, the boat STILL belongs to his son! Money & title had already changed hands when some guy in A Yukon showed up. The guy was his son, and man was he PISSED OFF!!! burningm So anyway I got my money back, the guy got A punch in the mouth from his son, and his boy took his boat home.
I guess I'm not so lucky after all!!! cry
Or maybe I am, it could have been worse. If I would have taken it home the night I looked at it, I'm sure the cops would have been down to my house to pick it up. jawdrop

Ian
01-14-2003, 01:34 PM
you know how attached we can get to our boats burningm

Infomaniac
01-14-2003, 01:44 PM
Cough Cough Cough Bullshit Cough.

78Eliminator
01-14-2003, 01:57 PM
Infomaniac:
Cough Cough Cough Bullshit Cough. Info, you said a naughty word. I thought you are a moderator? You should be ashamed.

Cole
01-14-2003, 02:05 PM
Quite the story!! You know i once found an eliminator 19'jet in a barn...really, you should have seen it,blower motor,custom graphics...even had a hottie with a G-string sitting in the seat..i paid $12.00...did i do well??? :D Cole