PDA

View Full Version : Now open!!!! Chicago Grill

Miss Throttle
11-11-2008, 05:01 PM
AKA; Channel Island Market
Today is their official grand opening @ the new mall.
Had the chance to go and eat dinner their tonight. Very nice set-up :)
Good Luck to them!!!!!

98 Vector 21
11-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Nice to know! The food is great, they how ever are going to be missed in the channel this summer! I will have to stop by & say hello...

shueman
11-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Good for them...good for the mall...!!

sigepmock
11-12-2008, 08:27 AM
Sweet finally some good food for us up at the north end of town. :)
Chris

HALLETT BOY
11-12-2008, 08:54 AM
Does this mean no more little store / grill at the island location ? They had the
great pastrami sandwiches, right ?

Throttle
11-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Does this mean no more little store / grill at the island location ? They had the
great pastrami sandwiches, right ?
thats the place... i dont want to speak of of line, but a renewal on the lease was not very appealing (imo), so the doors were closed... So, on to newer, bigger and better... I hope they do well, very nice peeps!!!
:idea: just a thought, maybe Wild Wear can sell ice... :idea:

HALLETT BOY
11-13-2008, 08:25 AM
Wasn't there some guys in a golf cart taking orders from your boat in the channel for various food places ? How far into town would they go for you ?
Would they bring back beer and ice ? And what happened to Billy Burger ?

HDF WATERDOG
11-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Wasn't there some guys in a golf cart taking orders from your boat in the channel for various food places ? How far into town would they go for you ?
Would they bring back beer and ice ? And what happened to Billy Burger ?
Do you mean Big Burger, the bright orange poontoon burger?

HALLETT BOY
11-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Do you mean Big Burger, the bright orange poontoon burger?
No , it was "Billy burger" , big letters on the side of their houseboat....didn't see them this summer , so I guess he's gone ...too bad , burger really hit the spot and it was cool to puill up in your boat and order ... kinda like the drive-through at fast food places , only in your boat !

All IN
11-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Billy burger was the bomb, they told me they having problems with there licence. Great burgers--they are surlely missed.

HDF WATERDOG
11-15-2008, 03:43 PM
I was gonna buy the Big Burger business a coulpe years back. New name was gonna be Waterdogs, burgers too of course. Is this Chicago Grill the same company as Uno Chicago Grill?

TCHB
11-15-2008, 05:34 PM
Next time out I will try it out!!!

Throttle
11-17-2008, 09:57 AM
Next time out I will try it out!!!
yep, went there again, every table was full, there was a line almost to the door to order... again the food was great...

phatcat
11-21-2008, 10:14 AM
I was gonna buy the Big Burger business a coulpe years back. New name was gonna be Waterdogs, burgers too of course. Is this Chicago Grill the same company as Uno Chicago Grill?
What does some thing like Big Burger Business sell for like what kinda money we talkin and what did ya all get????

HDF WATERDOG
11-21-2008, 01:04 PM
What does some thing like Big Burger Business sell for like what kinda money we talkin and what did ya all get????
At the time he put it on the market, he was asking $30K. You got the boat, the name, all licenses and about two weeks of inventory. Have no idea who runs it now. Heard the city just gave it to the new people. In the last two years I've only seen it on the water once. That was during Desert Storm last Spring when the LEO's had to use lites and siren to get him off the course.