PDA

View Full Version : Parts for 496 HO

MPH
11-20-2008, 11:15 AM
Heads, Intake Manifold, Exhaust Manifolds with polished risers, all stock 496 HO MerCruiser items, 38 hours on motor before removal. Heads cleaned and wrapped after being removed. All in like new condition. Everything $800.00 plus shipping.

Beer-30
11-20-2008, 07:32 PM
What state/area are you in? I might be interested - and if so, I would want to pick them up. Those heads are HEAVY.

MPH
11-21-2008, 06:56 AM
I'm in Minnesota, just a little north of the Twin Cities.

Beer-30
11-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Ahhh! A little farther than I expected. Wow. Shipping would be a grip of $.
Hmmm. Thinking.

MPH
11-21-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm sure I could have everthing palletized on a skid and wrapped, and shipped common carrier. I will check on the price, but it won't be until Monday. If you have any other ideas, let me know.

Beer-30
11-21-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm sure I could have everthing palletized on a skid and wrapped, and shipped common carrier. I will check on the price, but it won't be until Monday. If you have any other ideas, let me know.
I used to have some buddies in the car-hauling industry. We could get anything anywhere (cars or parts). I don't even know where I would begin on that deal, though.
Find out the shipping specifics, if you will. I guess you would need to know them anyway - and let me know. I am mainly looking for core heads to have work done on, so I was just looking for bare heads. This is a little more than I wanted to spend. We'll see.
Thanks. Still interested.

Beer-30
11-24-2008, 09:34 AM
So, I assume you did a Raylar kit?
What year is the motor (boat year would probably be same) - reason I ask is regarding the exh. Around 2005 some of the motors came with alum manifolds. Most were cast iron (heavy). Both had the stainless risers. Which are these that you have?

MPH
11-25-2008, 06:11 AM
Yes, I did do a Raylar kit. The exhaust manifolds are aluminum with the SS risers. The motor was a 2002. I'm still working on the shipping and price.

Beer-30
11-25-2008, 09:11 AM
Thanks, still interested.

Beer-30
12-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Well, I put most of my "spare" boat money into Xmas stuff for the wife. So, if you still have this stuff - at least the heads - in the beginning of the new year, we can try to work out a shipped price.
Meanwhile, let me know if you sell the parts.
Thanks. Still interested.

MPH
12-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Sorry I didn't get back to you on that shipping price. As soon as I find out I will let you know. Been busy looking at boats.

Beer-30
12-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Sorry I didn't get back to you on that shipping price. As soon as I find out I will let you know. Been busy looking at boats.
No problem. Like I said, if you are OK waiting until after end of the year, we should be able to get'er done. I know UPS and such will ship pallets and such to be picked up at their location. As in, as long as the shipper can get it lifted onto the truck or onto their dock, they will get it to their dock on the receiving end - to be picked up by receiver. This would be fine, as I could just back the pickup up to their dock and get the pallet.
Probably alot to ask right now as Xmas is gearing up. After first of the year it should be pretty easy to get done.
Later.

MPH
12-08-2008, 08:58 AM
After the 1st of the year will work for me. Have a great Xmas.

MPH
01-06-2009, 10:44 AM
No problem. Like I said, if you are OK waiting until after end of the year, we should be able to get'er done. I know UPS and such will ship pallets and such to be picked up at their location. As in, as long as the shipper can get it lifted onto the truck or onto their dock, they will get it to their dock on the receiving end - to be picked up by receiver. This would be fine, as I could just back the pickup up to their dock and get the pallet.
Probably alot to ask right now as Xmas is gearing up. After first of the year it should be pretty easy to get done.
Later.
If you are still interested in the parts, I have some numbers for UPS shipping. Let me know.

Beer-30
01-06-2009, 11:38 AM
If you are still interested in the parts, I have some numbers for UPS shipping. Let me know.
My father has had some heavy items shipped before and he said there was like a $75 minimum. I was figuring $100 or so. Still interested. Let me know what the shipping quote is and let's see if we can round to a nice "shipped" figure.