PDA

View Full Version : Just curious, seems unfair to me

dgie
11-21-2008, 01:05 AM
My roomate and I share a computer and now it seems Rexone may ban my roomate, or me, or both from performance boats because we can only afford one computer hence one ip address personally I never heard that before, is that common on these sites now?

moderator-10
11-21-2008, 05:17 AM
A user can be banned without the IP removal. You may want to plea your case with him.

dgie
11-21-2008, 07:04 AM
I told him that we share the same computer, but at this point I really don't care anymore. I originally asked on this site (hb) where everyone went from this site and he responded awhile ago that they went to this performance boats site so I set up an account. I really don't use it much at all anyways so I might shut down the account anyways. really pissses me off this is just a bunch of crap as far as I am concerned. Since when can two people not use the same computer? :mad:

centerhill condor
11-21-2008, 07:07 AM
this is quite simple...obey the rules or start your own forum. Guilt by association is valid. Don't hang out with guilty parties.
CC

Blown 472
11-21-2008, 08:07 AM
And dont piss of the mods:D

HDF WATERDOG
11-21-2008, 01:36 PM
dgie this is not true. I asked your roommate to explain why it appeared he had registered an alias. read the thread. It was others who speculated. He has explained the situation and the issue is now a non issue.
When we have matching IP's and it "appears" someone has done it to stir the pot this is something that is looked at and resolved. In the case of williams it is a legitimate situation. I assure you in more cases than not, that is not the case and it is actually a member posing as an alias.
That is why we as mods don't (or shouldn't) jump to conclusions but instead ask questions as to why, etc.

Todd969
11-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Grads, that's really not very cool. why stoop to Jordy's level?

grads2112
11-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Grads, that's really not very cool. why stoop to Jordy's level?
I removed it just for you.:D

dgie
11-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Evidently it is just a misunderstanding then guess that hapens, thread closed.

LASERRAY
11-22-2008, 08:42 AM
When we have matching IP's and it "appears" someone has done it to stir the pot this is something that is looked at and resolved. I assure you in more cases than not, that is not the case and it is actually a member posing as an alias.
That is why we as mods don't (or shouldn't) jump to conclusions but instead ask questions as to why, etc.
This is a good policy IMHO. It keeps the trolls at bay and prevents unwanted drama.;) There are "other" sites that welcome that crap.

27 Awesome cat
11-22-2008, 10:02 AM
This is a good policy IMHO. It keeps the trolls at bay and prevents unwanted drama.;) There are "other" sites that welcome that crap.
Such as?

HDF WATERDOG
11-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Sure cuts down on the members with multiple personnalities talking to themselves too.