PDA

View Full Version : Hot Boat rumours

Todd969
11-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Darrin did leave the company.
Steve Warner is the man in charge.
Morgan is the Managing editor.
Derek, Judy and a few others write the articles and features.
Russ and I are the sales team.
Media Direction is in charge of all the internet stuff.
The magazine is just fine and not I repeat NOT folding. It is going through some changes, but that's about it.
When the new office location is finalized I'll post it up. In the mean time the general contact # is 928-764-1313

Prowler
11-23-2008, 05:23 PM
Why did Darrin leave when he just purchased it ?........kinda weird man.

John.
11-23-2008, 06:06 PM
awesome Todd! I think i need to renew my subscription.

grads2112
11-23-2008, 06:22 PM
How much is a full page ad? I have something in mind.:eek: :D

riodog
11-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Media Direction is in charge of the website??? I only know of 1 Media Direction and haven't heard from him in years.
If this is so you should post it as it might just mean that some of us will renew our subscriptions. Loyalty means a lot to some of us.
Rio->M.W.Fulton

Todd969
11-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Media Direction is in charge of the website??? I only know of 1 Media Direction and haven't heard from him in years.
If this is so you should post it as it might just mean that some of us will renew our subscriptions. Loyalty means a lot to some of us.
Rio->M.W.Fulton
I only know of 1 and it's owned by Bob Brown.

3 daytona`s
11-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Darrin did leave the company.
Steve Warner is the man in charge.
Morgan is the Managing editor.
Derek, Judy and a few others write the articles and features.
Russ and I are the sales team.
Media Direction is in charge of all the internet stuff.
The magazine is just fine and not I repeat NOT folding. It is going through some changes, but that's about it.
When the new office location is finalized I'll post it up. In the mean time the general contact # is 928-764-1313
Several weeks ago and got this vague response from you about going down and checking voice mail. The rumor mill is going over on Performance I am telling you if you wish your still loyal customers may be best not hanging at SEMA and The IHBA and keep to business and if that is too much of a request than you are not going to succeed.These endevors need 24-7 attention and you do not even have people answering the phone.You are IMO doing everything wrong can possible.I do not know what your intent is but believe the current customers deserve an honest heads up,so they can make a decision of what to do.No more talk

Todd969
11-24-2008, 06:42 AM
Several weeks ago and got this vague response from you about going down and checking voice mail. The rumor mill is going over on Performance I am telling you if you wish your still loyal customers may be best not hanging at SEMA and The IHBA and keep to business and if that is too much of a request than you are not going to succeed.These endevors need 24-7 attention and you do not even have people answering the phone.You are IMO doing everything wrong can possible.I do not know what your intent is but believe the current customers deserve an honest heads up,so they can make a decision of what to do.No more talk
I understand what you're saying. If you have questions I have not answered to your satisfaction, please send Steve@***boat.com or Morgan@***boat.com an e-mail.
Todd

andy01
11-25-2008, 08:09 AM
I am very surprised at the interest this takes. I know if GM changes managers I don't get a letter about my trucks having a new manager where they where built. Or if Maytag gets a new sales rep I don't get a e-mail about it. So if my favorite boating mag gets a new window washer I could careless, unless my mag isn't in my mail box next month. Then I want to know where the services I paid for are. Otherwise I just figure it is like any other company and making changes. I say have a good time and keep making the improvements Hot Boat.
Andy

TexasJet
11-25-2008, 08:50 AM
I had a interesting experience trying to get the "Classis Hot Boat" mag. I called the number in the add, got a "not working number" message.:confused: Soooo, I call the customer service number and leave a message for someone to call me back about the "Classic" mag. So far, no phone call. I guess I won't be buying that special addition. :mad:

Havasu1986
11-25-2008, 09:27 AM
I had a interesting experience trying to get the "Classis Hot Boat" mag. I called the number in the add, got a "not working number" message.:confused: Soooo, I call the customer service number and leave a message for someone to call me back about the "Classic" mag. So far, no phone call. I guess I won't be buying that special addition. :mad:
Here is your answer.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175598

Throttle
11-25-2008, 05:09 PM
I am very surprised at the interest this takes. I know if GM changes managers I don't get a letter about my trucks having a new manager where they where built. Or if Maytag gets a new sales rep I don't get a e-mail about it. So if my favorite boating mag gets a new window washer I could careless, unless my mag isn't in my mail box next month. Then I want to know where the services I paid for are. Otherwise I just figure it is like any other company and making changes. I say have a good time and keep making the improvements Hot Boat.
Andy
seems to be some true facts there... nice

cc322
11-25-2008, 07:02 PM
Andy
I agree who really cares :confused:

riverracerx
11-26-2008, 09:37 AM
I am going to be in charge of ***boat next week. The week after that I will let Throttle be in charge. We will all take turns and then the forum can vote who did the best job.
Who cares. As long as they stay in biz during these tough times and produce a quality product.
Oh, and the message board is a privilege not a right. Just because they make a magazine doesn't mean they HAVE to run a message board. Hell, half the people on the boards don't buy the mag anyway. They are just here because it is free.

shueman
11-28-2008, 09:07 PM
For some odd reason, this is really phunie....:sleeping:

ultra27jay
12-11-2008, 03:43 PM
***boat is the best.......merry christmas......:D

Outlaw
12-15-2008, 06:45 PM
***boat has a magazine ???:D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-15-2008, 06:46 PM
***boat has a magazine ???:D
LOLOLOLO mmmm maybe a web site also

Kachina26
12-15-2008, 08:15 PM
as long as the topic is rumors.....
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/bfs/955161720.html
:confused:

grads2112
12-15-2008, 08:28 PM
as long as the topic is rumors.....
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/bfs/955161720.html
:confused:
I also heard a rumor there is a King impersonator.

frosted tips
12-15-2008, 08:48 PM
I also heard a rumor there is a King impersonator.somebody has balls:jawdrop:

Liquid Courage
12-15-2008, 11:39 PM
What a cluster f*ck!

3 daytona`s
12-17-2008, 06:06 PM
I also heard a rumor there is a King impersonator.
If this does go down,you in trouble? Rex and you do not MIX over there:idea:

Btnhtillidie
12-19-2008, 11:20 PM
that would explain why i have not received the mag lately

carreraelite
12-20-2008, 08:46 PM
I am going to be in charge of ***boat next week. The week after that I will let Throttle be in charge. We will all take turns and then the forum can vote who did the best job.
Who cares. As long as they stay in biz during these tough times and produce a quality product.
Oh, and the message board is a privilege not a right. Just because they make a magazine doesn't mean they HAVE to run a message board. Hell, half the people on the boards don't buy the mag anyway. They are just here because it is free.
HEY!! Did Ya Make It Home With The Dog Food Yet??:idea: :idea:

riverracerx
12-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Almost! :D

carreraelite
12-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Must Be Collecting It One Piece At A Time!!:idea: :D

Jimboat
01-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Good Luck to all of you guys at Hot Boat. Times are tough all over now...so hoping that it all works out....HB has always been a great magazine! I do wish that their communications with clients and advertisers were better during this time.

Assume The Position
01-14-2009, 10:42 PM
And It Would Be Nice If The ***boat Staff Would Grow A Set And Let Everyone Know What Is Going On.

carreraelite
01-15-2009, 08:21 PM
And It Would Be Nice If The ***boat Staff Would Grow A Set And Let Everyone Know What Is Going On.
Keep Dreamin!! :sleeping:

riverracerx
01-15-2009, 08:37 PM
The ***boat staff does not go on these boards at all. They have been busy trying to keep a magazine afloat, which is not easy in these times.
The message boards do not provide any income for the business, so it is just a perk.

wolf
01-16-2009, 11:55 AM
The ***boat staff does not go on these boards at all. They have been busy trying to keep a magazine afloat, which is not easy in these times.
The message boards do not provide any income for the business, so it is just a perk.
Being a business man I know that these forums do provide an income much in the same way advertising does. Obviously bad advertising (which happened a year ago) does provide a negative impact to your income. There had been many posts prior to the meltdown of the forum that indicated that people from the forum subscribed to the magazine because of the forum.
If you watch the forums much like you would the surveys taken with television shows (Neilson Ratings), you would see what the readers prefer. If you ignore or dismiss them, which I believe happened, your readership will diminish.
It obvious that another magazine has looked at this impacted of forum vs. readership in a positive way and is starting to thrive.
Not bad for a small town boy!!!!Business classes paid off, eh?

HDF WATERDOG
01-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Being a business man I know that these forums do provide an income much in the same way advertising does. Obviously bad advertising (which happened a year ago) does provide a negative impact to your income. There had been many posts prior to the meltdown of the forum that indicated that people from the forum subscribed to the magazine because of the forum.
If you watch the forums much like you would the surveys taken with television shows (Neilson Ratings), you would see what the readers prefer. If you ignore or dismiss them, which I believe happened, your readership will diminish.
It obvious that another magazine has looked at this impacted of forum vs. readership in a positive way and is starting to thrive.
Not bad for a small town boy!!!!Business classes paid off, eh?
Perhaps the HB Forum could be looked at like an Electorial College. Was a very diverse group covering just about any boat or mftr in all sizes and motors combo's too. I'm gonna guess that there were a leat 10 lurkers for ever poster too. Then count the ones that just read and didn't even join.

centerhill condor
01-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Advertising pages in consumer magazines fell nearly 12% in '08. A dismal year for print media.
Blown, Poster x, and others blame Bush and Israel.
The new administration has no public comment.
Good luck.
CC