PDA

View Full Version : Deck Boat Questions?

Jesse James
11-23-2008, 08:22 PM
A friend of mine started a plug for a high perf cat and he passed before completeing the project. In lieu of the current market I think a deck boat/ open layout would be more marketable and since the molds are already done for the bottom the timing is ok as well, I was curious what some of you deck boat owners opinions were, what type of boat you have and your pro's and cons, I would also love to hear from non-owners who have spent the day on thers boats what you liked and disliked, anything from ride, to blender placement..ladies PLEASE pitch in. I am based in the midwest and boat mainly on Lake Ozark, Missouri any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Thank you

XFactor
11-24-2008, 08:02 AM
How big is the bottom?

hava life
11-24-2008, 04:54 PM
I have an older Conquest and love it but of course I would like to have a newer one. Electric hidden bimini would be nice I like what majic did:idea: The location of the deck inside step needs to be taken into consideration, I tripped a few times on a friends boat. I like the bow entry sprayer that my boat has and not the hose. I never cared for the front and rear gate took mine off. I mounted a bbq. and we use it all the time. We have a srayer at the bow entry and not a hose that I can switch on while driving and it will mist you while you are cruising or when you board you push a button and wash your feet, I have a hose by the engine if I need one. Insulated cooler should be standard since it is built in. We like the layout of our boat.

Jesse James
11-24-2008, 04:58 PM
How big is the bottom?
28 ft running surface...trying to make a 30 foot boat

andy01
11-25-2008, 08:01 AM
There is a lot more to just changing the deck. If the boat is balanced wrong it could run really bad. Is the bottom based off of a proven bottom?
A lot of boats you see now have been through a few bottom mods.
Andy

Deano
11-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Driver/passenger side by side seating.
Move the helm forward and have a BIG wrap around bench in the back.
Have the option of a walk through or not transom.
If you have drains. Have them drain out of the boat. Not into the bilge.
If there is no swim step incorporated into the hull. Put a big one across the whole thing. Those little steps suck.
Keep the training wheel high for performance.
I'll think of more

Jesse James
11-26-2008, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the input (deano that is exactly the info I am looking for) The bottom has been proven, I am going more for a quality (dry ) ride and performance will be second. Thanks again everyone.
I have recieved a couple pm's but when I replied the box was full so if you have pm'd and not gotten a response, check your inbox size allocation/use
Thanks
Everyone have a good holiday.

Chubby4Life
12-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Driver/passenger side by side seating.
Move the helm forward and have a BIG wrap around bench in the back.
Have the option of a walk through or not transom.
If you have drains. Have them drain out of the boat. Not into the bilge.
If there is no swim step incorporated into the hull. Put a big one across the whole thing. Those little steps suck.
Keep the training wheel high for performance.
I'll think of more
I don't think the EPA would allow that.

Deano
12-04-2008, 04:20 PM
I don't think the EPA would allow that.
not sure. My sink drains out. My floor drains into the bilge. That is the BIGGEST pain in my ass. You have a bunch of people with a little sand on each foot and it all ends up in the bilge after you wash it down.

Jesse James
12-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Thanks again for all the help, I have been on Havasu 3 times and the sand definatly brings a new element to rafting off and sand removal that we do not have to factor in on Lake Ozark, However the mississippi river boaters have simialr situations....

HTM2
12-08-2008, 12:47 PM
We are almost ready to show our new High performance deck boat, it is a good priced, great new look, and fast,,, look for us at the LA boat show.. HTM will be here for you through it all... we also have our 2009 for sale, 277 and we do in house financing, for anyone that cant get financed.. so come down and see us, we also have our 2008 24SR for sale that we also will finance in house ,,, no bank no qualify.. hightorguemarine.com

HDF WATERDOG
12-08-2008, 01:05 PM
We are almost ready to show our new High performance deck boat, it is a good priced, great new look, and fast,,, look for us at the LA boat show.. HTM will be here for you through it all... we also have our 2009 for sale, 277 and we do in house financing, for anyone that cant get financed.. so come down and see us, we also have our 2008 24SR for sale that we also will finance in house ,,, no bank no qualify.. hightorguemarine.com
Have you priced out the new deck yet.