PDA

View Full Version : NO WAKE at what speed?????

waterslinger
11-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Had a nice chat with Officer friendly at the boat ramp across the street from the lone cabbage (http://twisterairboatrides.tripod.com/rides.htm), as it turns out no wake at 72 according to the GPS is not the same as no wake at idle, go figure. The people on the deck seemed to like it. He really loved the jet boat as well and looked it over real close, commented on the lack of mufflers, GA numbers and no throw cushion. Being the nice man only cited me for careless operation to the sum of 90 American dollars. Explained that I failed to judge the distance required for the boat to sit back down in the water from that speed and after lifting briefly discovered the boat would plowing down for half of the no wake zone, with this in mind decided it may best to just hammer by and produce a minimal wake rather than swamp half the dock. He agreed in theory but in spite of the cheering section on the dock felt compelled to make use of his ticket book. Guess some people are just hard to reach.

Keith E. Sayre
11-25-2008, 11:49 AM
I like your style!
Keith Sayre

Havasu Carrera
11-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Maybe he was upset you did not offer him a cold beverage? He was probibly hoping to use your throwable cushion to rest his doughnut fed bottom while he consumed one of your cold beverages! Now slow down and enjoy the scenery son.;)