PDA

View Full Version : 2009 L.A. Boat show exhibitor list

grads2112
12-22-2008, 05:55 PM
It looks like some very big names will not be there.:eek: Here is a list of the manufacturers who will be there. I'm definitely debating making the drive down now.
http://www.losangelesboatshow.com/exhibitor_list.cfm
Advantage
Conquest
DCB
Eliminator
Hallett
Howard
Magic/Sleek
Shockwave
Anyone care to start a list of the builders that won't be there?

rshrp2003
12-22-2008, 08:16 PM
Hot Boat magazine won't be there ?

twocents
12-23-2008, 12:12 AM
More exhibitors are being contracted for space. Check back the first week of January for an updated list. Exhibitors won't be posted until they have paid a deposit and a space has been assigned.

HDF WATERDOG
12-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Expect that they are that late. I'm guessing that many don't want to spend what money they have on a maybe or probably not. Deadline for entries was two months ago. Probably offering big discounts or free spaces. Pretty unfair for the ones paying full ticket. Don't forget that the square footage was cut in half too.

twocents
12-23-2008, 11:20 AM
More exhibitors will be added to the list the first week of January when they are assigned spaces. Anticipate plenty of last minute sign-ups. It's not only a matter of spending precious dollars, but SCMA has a boat show space senority policy that's a consideration-- if you miss a year, you go to the end of the line when you exhibit the next time. A lot of exhibitors have invested a lot of time and money over the years getting a prime location at the show and it's important to them to hold their spot. As for discounting space cost -- sorry no deals -- the space rate is what it is -- that's the only fair way to keep all exhibitors on a level playing field. And the space cost is less this year than in 2008.

HDF WATERDOG
12-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Bulk space is $8.50 to $9.50 per sq. ft. plus the extra's
10 x 10's are $11.50 to $13.50 per sq. ft. plus the extra's
What were the 2008 rates. They look the same to me but my memorys shot.
Anyway you look at it, it's all adds up to a lot of dollars and a gamble.
Personnally, I'm hoping the best for those that attend as well as those that can't.