PDA

View Full Version : My Sanger..New to the site

machjim
12-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Just want to say hello...Im not new to boating but I am new to Drag Boating..I have a 1990 Formula 292 SR1 and a 1985 Sanger Drag Hydro that has never been rigged...Its as new as the day it left the Factory in its original gelcoat...Here in Michigan its difficult to find builders and or parts for these boats..You west coast guys dont know how good you have it!!...I am hoping to meet people and suppliers to help me get this thing wet for the first time in its life..Jim46538

stix818
12-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Nice looking sanger!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, a sanger hydro with no holes drilled in it, nice!!!!!!!

Civil Onrest
12-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Where in MI are you at? Fellow Michigander here.

machjim
01-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Shelby Township...

rich seibert
01-02-2009, 08:01 AM
hi machjim
very nice , your are very lucky
i am wondering if you got a title or a document of orgin
when you got it. i have a 5 rib that has never been registered
it was a race boat all its life. no title or anythging,
what are your plans for a motor and rigging?
good luck with her and keep us posted.
virgin sanger 5 ribs ,this was on ebay about 6-8 months ago

Civil Onrest
01-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Shelby Township...
Close to where I lived (Richmond). Can't help you with a recommendation, but Wayne Schaldenbrand, the Pres over at Sunsation in Anchor Bay has a Sanger Hydro. May want to get in touch with him. Good luck with your project, nice boat!

fashionhot
01-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Welcome to the boardhttp://www.dineoxford.com/pics/img/1859/t08j1110iyaz/cool.gif

machjim
01-07-2009, 01:23 PM
I have been to Waynes home and photographed his Sanger for future ideas on rigging..He was great..Very down to earth and helpful...
I am thinking a 572 Chev as I can get a deal on GM performance parts but it will really come down to what I can get a deal on..Still unsure of induction..
I bought the boat from a guy in California that raced Sanger's in the 60's and 70's..He had this boat built in 85 in a meduim layup then stored it...It has never been titled and I will do so in the spring..It has the Sanger VIN embossed on the stern...I have seen a few of these Hemi powered but I am sure it is nearly impossible to find parts and they are expensive..
Any input is greatly appreciated and I also am in need of a good trailer..If I would have been on the ball I would have had one built as it was purchased in the same city as Extreme Trailers in California..

frosted tips
01-07-2009, 09:52 PM
I have been to Waynes home and photographed his Sanger for future ideas on rigging..He was great..Very down to earth and helpful...
I am thinking a 572 Chev as I can get a deal on GM performance parts but it will really come down to what I can get a deal on..Still unsure of induction..
I bought the boat from a guy in California that raced Sanger's in the 60's and 70's..He had this boat built in 85 in a meduim layup then stored it...It has never been titled and I will do so in the spring..It has the Sanger VIN embossed on the stern...I have seen a few of these Hemi powered but I am sure it is nearly impossible to find parts and they are expensive..
Any input is greatly appreciated and I also am in need of a good trailer..If I would have been on the ball I would have had one built as it was purchased in the same city as Extreme Trailers in California..give me a call about your sanger i built a 86 for a friend turn key pump gas /nos .set up is tits 124/137 1 916 791 3783 jory :D

Throttle
01-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Just want to say hello...Im not new to boating but I am new to Drag Boating..I have a 1990 Formula 292 SR1 and a 1985 Sanger Drag Hydro that has never been rigged...Its as new as the day it left the Factory in its original gelcoat...Here in Michigan its difficult to find builders and or parts for these boats..You west coast guys dont know how good you have it!!...I am hoping to meet people and suppliers to help me get this thing wet for the first time in its life..Jim46538
welcome, ckeck out performanceboats.com if you thing this place is looks cool, its empty... lots of kool stuff going on over there and you will find more peeps to talk shop with, not to mention there are others that will love your boat and be able to help you with your project... good luck, see ya there...

mthomas
01-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Jim,
nice boat!! I have worked on these boats more than 30 years. i also have a 5 rib drag hydro that i am rigging right now for lake use. i live in charlevoix and you may call me anytime. also i have many parts for that boat.
Michael Thomas
231-536-2369 (h)
231-675-5331 (c)