PDA

View Full Version : Jet Pump Pressures:

Hot Shot
02-05-2003, 09:22 AM
A very interesting technical discussion about pump pressure is developing over on the Banderlog site. Originally posted by BEAR 454PE, some are posting data from race runs.

Shmoolie
02-05-2003, 10:57 AM
Interesting thread, here's a link... pump pressure thread (http://www.banderlog.com/cgi-bin/banderlog/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=read_count&om=2361&forum=DCForumID1)
[ February 05, 2003, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: Shmoolie ]

HOSS
02-05-2003, 12:17 PM
Extremely interesting. But with all the variables in a jet and the hull, I don`t see it. Like he stated re-inventing the wheel. But if you had a system that could compile thise data to 3D graphics,,,,damn a shop could do alot. But again, that would be specific to hull and pump config not to mention water temp. As we all know, cool water is dense and therefore more thrust. I would love to do this. I will put up a thread for pressure sensor locations to gather info on where to drill and tap mine.
A friend of mine was working on a jet mine sweeper at Textron for the Navy. Engineering students. It had a door that would GREATLY vary the speed. It was in the intake. It went to high speed like 60+ then would stop on the dime all within a short distance. If I remember when I see him I will inquire about it.
[ February 05, 2003, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: HOSS ]

LVjetboy
02-05-2003, 01:38 PM
Hoss, your comment on 3D and pressure sensors brings up a good point. One pressure tap in an intake can give a lot of information, but think what could be discovered about intake flow, cavitation and loader design if you had a lot of sensors in key locations? Then map it out 3D as you suggest. Be like seeing what's going on with both eyes instead of one eye shut. Not that I'm volunteering my pump for that porcupine, but imagine the possibilities. Better intake and loader designs...more speed.
jer