PDA

View Full Version : To the Administration of ***boat..

RiverDave
01-12-2009, 11:02 AM
The content of this forum is worth exactly zero, but it means a lot to the boating community as a whole. As RexOne pointed out, there is countless tech threads, and as I'm sure you already know many of the old "legendary" social threads.
It would be a shame to let it all dissapear into cyberspace to never be seen again.
That being said, I'm sure the owners are probably running a skeleton crew right now, and I'm sure good "IT" guys are probably not in the program.
If you will allow it, I would like to have my guys back up the forums from the beginning, until you guys finally throw the switch or before whomever is hosting the website finally does it.
I will not pay for it, but here is what I can offer you. It will go along way towards good will for future endeavors as far as the "online community" is concerned. As well I will provide whom ever owns the site with copies of everything. What this means is, what ever content you should want to sell (photo's of boats perhaps?) it will be easily accessible and at your fingertips.
Again, I will not use or distribute any of "***boats" content (boat shoots, pictures, bikini pics etc..) I will provide you with the sole copies of that, as well as a copy of the forums. In trade though I'd like to integrate the forum content as it is into my own, so that the history itself is not lost.
If your interested or you would like to discuss some other arrangement please give me a call at 949-678-8369
Dave Johnson aka RD

AZJD
01-12-2009, 11:45 AM
That would be awesome if HB would do this...
I know I have some history on this site and I don't even come close to a few other people that have been around here over 10 years.

SB
01-12-2009, 11:50 AM
I too would really like to see the content preserved, esp the tech sections.

gigamurph
01-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Commendable idea RD. Hopefully something can be worked out that will allow this little slice of boatin' heaven (and hell) to continue in some fashion.

nodigg
01-12-2009, 12:45 PM
HERE HERE!:hammer2: :hammer2:

shueman
01-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Cool offer Dave...:cool: A lot of Boating History in here...
When can we expect the first "Best Of" DVD to come out...:idea: :D

460 jus getn it
01-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Thats mighty white of you dave.
I guess you can call it PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE........................LMAO

Baja Big Dog
01-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Im sittin in the third pew, and I think I just heard a fart!!:D

gigamurph
01-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Im sittin in the third pew, and I think I just heard a fart!!:DYeah; well I'm sittin' here and I farted and I was the third one to say "PU".....:p We're still here?