PDA

View Full Version : Great New Olds Heads are here.

Nicholas Filippides
07-29-2003, 03:03 PM
Hey Guys, My name is Nick Filippides and I represent X-Force Engine Services in NY. I just wanted to let all Olds power enthusiasts know that a line of really incredible high performance cylinder heads and blocks are currently being designed and prototyped. Cylinder heads are actually in production at the foundary. There will be 3 variations of cylinder heads that should work great on the mildest to the wildest combination. The heads are made from 356 T6 alumunum which is the industry standard. There will be a small valve head that uses a 2.08 int valve and a 1.69 exh., a big valve head with 2.15 int 1.75 exh and an all out race head that uses 2.19 int 1.81 exh. These cylinder heads feature fast burn, heart shaped combustion chambers that'll greatly enhance the flame propogation in the cylinder which will equate to more HP and Torque. The high swirl chamber will greatly decrease the risk of detonation. Out of the box the small valve heads will make about 50 to 60 more Hp than Edelbrocks. They'll work fine with your dish pistons as well as flat tops. Combustion chambers are 76cc. The exhaust ports remained in the stock location which will allow your manifolds to bolt right up. The company manufacturing these new items is called Bulldog Performance of Indiannapolis, Indianna. Their backround in a nut shell includes the designing of all cylinder heads, blocks, intake manifolds, valve covers etc etc... for Indy cylinder heads for the last 17 years.
New big blocks are also going to be available by the beginning of next year. These will feature siamesed bores capable of 4.400 max, Billet 4 bolt main caps, priority main oiling, thick main webs, strengthened pan rails and lifter valley. Bottom line here is that this time next year you'll be able to make as much Olds power as heart desires without the worry of parts breakage. Pricing on the street or shall we say milder heads are 2195.00 assembled and 2395.00 for the race heads. The heads can be purchased with just seats and guides installed. Blocks will run $3800.00. Obviously there's much more information I can fill you in on so please feel free to call me toll free at 866-586-5665 and I'll do my best to help you. Of course post your questions here and I'll do the same. I have updated photo's coming real soon of the heads and I'll post those ASAP. Thanks Nick "X-Force Engine Services"

sidewound
07-29-2003, 03:09 PM
WOW!
No newbie post or anything. Get right to the crux of the biscuit. How much other crap will we have buy to get these nifty heads to run with an existing 455 setup. How do they stack up to the edelbrocks?

sanger mike
07-29-2003, 03:21 PM
TWO WORDS! super spam. idea

Nicholas Filippides
07-29-2003, 03:32 PM
Sidewound, Believe it or not I'm not a newbie. I've posted before but the real reason you didn't see me is because I'm mainly a drag racer not a boater. Hope that doesn't offend anyone. My previous posts answered some tech questions. As far as getting these heads on, it'll require switching rocker arms and pushrods though the heads can be machined to accept Harland Sharp shaft rockers if you already own them and that's it. The intake ports are slightly raised but the heads were made wider so your intake will line right up. It'll sit a tad higher which will require a little thicker bead of silicone. The valve covers are the same though Bulldog has made new ones that are to die for. Nick X-Force Engine Services

Nicholas Filippides
07-29-2003, 03:41 PM
BFD, This isn't spam for guys who are serious about there Olds Engines. I've been racing Olds powered cars for over 20 plus years. My current Batten headed 498" engine make 843hp with one carb and no nitrous. No spam here. Nick X-Force Engine Services

Omega21
07-29-2003, 04:00 PM
Nick's not a newbie...he's been in the Olds circles for as long as I've known about them. I've been kind of watching the development of his 'edelbrock/batten killer' heads for a little while. I'm waiting for the ROP jury to come back, but if they like them, I may have to try a set on my 473 Olds.
Todd

Taylor LP
07-29-2003, 04:44 PM
What have you done to addreess the oil drainback issues?

Wet Dream
07-29-2003, 06:26 PM
HMMMMMMMMMMM.... idea

sidewound
07-29-2003, 06:34 PM
I just thought NEWBIE because the post count was "1" when I answered.
Peace Man :cool:
CESAR

ChetCapoli
07-29-2003, 06:50 PM
Nicholas Filippides:
My current Batten headed 498" engine make 843hp with one carb and no nitrousIs that 843hp on pump gas and the westech dyno??? Doestn seem much to me cuz there's this guy here see named HBJet who makes 730hp at 6100rpm on PUMP GAS with CAST IRON 990's and has the westech dyno numbers to prove it. Bet you cant beat that! :D
CHET

Omega21
07-29-2003, 06:59 PM
Sidewound- I was kind of surprised to see him post all that here of all places. I figured the first place it would turn up would have been the rop boards.
Chet- You forgot about the DNE sticker didn't you?
Is that 843hp on pump gas and the westech dyno??? I bet the answers are: NO and NO.
Todd

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-29-2003, 07:13 PM
[/qb][/QUOTE]Is that 843hp on pump gas and the westech dyno??? Doestn seem much to me cuz there's this guy here see named HBJet who makes 730hp at 6100rpm on PUMP GAS with CAST IRON 990's and has the westech dyno numbers to prove it. Bet you cant beat that! :D
CHET [/QB][/QUOTE]
Ya know chet I have been watching you talk around here and all you have been doing lately is f**king with people. You really need to take all the hbjet and westtech dyno bullshit back to the bench racers forum. Who the f**k cares about a damn dyno or who's running what. This is an informational post not a bs post! At first it was funny" I do admit" but seeing it all the thime is getting on my damn nerves :mad: I am sure that there are other people who dont give a damn about it either. So do us all a favor and keep it where it belongs"IN THE BENCHRACERS FORUM"(PLEASE)
396 out!

cyclone
07-29-2003, 07:15 PM
396 layin' the smack down! :D

460 jus getn it
07-29-2003, 07:35 PM
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa :mad: :mad: jawdrop jawdrop
396 put it down. we like to get info and help each other out, not listen to shit talkers.......460

Back Forty
07-29-2003, 07:50 PM
If nowbody gets to it tonight I'll try and get the pic's from ROP posted tomorrow.
Good work Nick!
I thought you may have forgot about this joint...
Chris Somers.

Nicholas Filippides
07-30-2003, 04:58 AM
Chris, I didn't forget. Just been so busy. How are you BTW? Oil drainback will also be addressed I'm sure. Currently Bulldog is finishing up the Olds heads and new Buick 455 block. When completed all attention will turn to Olds blocks. They said early next year and I believe them. Chet I have a dyno sheet also. My fully ported Batten heads are for sale as we speak. I'm switching to the Bulldog race heads that'll flow approximately 410-420 cfm when fully ported with a 4.250 bore. Guys I didn't post this information to start problems. I thought the Olds guys would be thrilled to hear that new parts are coming. Nick X-Force Engine Services

Wet Dream
07-30-2003, 05:28 AM
Nick, are all of these new heads going to have the stock locations for intake and exhaust ports, or are we going to have to have custom headers made?

Nicholas Filippides
07-30-2003, 06:12 AM
Wet Dream, Your existing intake and exhaust manifold will work fine. As I've mentioned in a previous post, the intake ports are a bit higher than stock but the cylinder heads were widened to compensate. This will allow your ports to line right up. The intake will sit a pinch higher but that can be addressed with a thicker bead of silicon on the block end rails. Nick "X-Force Engine Services

Back Forty
07-30-2003, 08:18 AM
Doing as good as can get right now Nick. I may or may not be at Norwalk. So many things have changed lately.
These Pic's are from the early proto period I believe and were cast without water jacket cores in place so don't sh!t yourselfs. "They are not pics of production pieces." You should get the idea. Also shown are the company's valve covers coming out.
http://home.att.net/~oldsranch3/nick/nick2.jpg
http://home.att.net/~oldsranch3/nick/nick3.jpg
Disclaimer... I am not affiliated with these guys. I am giving my personal support... :rolleyes:
Nick, the Batten thing is a no go. There is a better story behind that of course but for business reasons... NO F'N WAY. :D Let Strange have 'em.
For anybody that doesn't under stand about the intake thing, the raised port opening points would normally mean needing a set of spacers or a custom intake. Nick's group made up the difference on the cylinder head side so you can use any intake you please. The end gaps on the intake will grow a hair and require a bit more sealant.
Nick, can you post some recent flow numbers from the "street" version? I think most of the jet boat guys will be looking at something along those lines.
Until next time, have a good one. Maybe I'll actually get to meet you for the first time at Norwalk.

Back Forty
07-30-2003, 08:23 AM
oops, forgot this one.
Anyone familiar with an Olds combustion chamber will know that this is quite a change from the Old. Valve layout is still olds. These heads are to be dam near bolt on I believe. Nick can expound on that.
http://home.att.net/~oldsranch3/nick/nick4.jpg

Nicholas Filippides
07-31-2003, 04:20 AM
ttt

sidewound
07-31-2003, 03:28 PM
OK NF
Seems your credibility has been vouched for. Thanks for bringin this info to the table.
I have been considering the Mondello edelbrock heads. How can we find out about projected pricing and comparisons?
Peace Man :cool:
CESAR

Back Forty
08-02-2003, 07:15 PM
Hey sidewound and others, Nick is at the Dick Miller Olds Powered Open In Norwalk Oh this weekend. This is why he hasn't responded to your last. I was getting kind of bent after sending him an email about making sure to get back on here and post after it had gone unanswered. He'll be back. His '64 Olds is a screamer! I saw him hit a seagull at some obscene speed last year up there. Stupid skyrat made quite the mess. His car really fly's. He used to run the batten heads but is busting his hump to get these new heads produced and made available. He will have a set of the "race" versions on his own car soon enough.
Have a nice weekend. :)
[ August 04, 2003, 05:17 AM: Message edited by: Back Forty ]

Nicholas Filippides
08-05-2003, 01:42 PM
Back Forty, Thanks for responding for me as I obviously couldn't. I also appreciate what you said about my car. Sidewound these cylinder heads as you can see in the photo's are unlike anything ever offered before. Though they are direct replacement for your current heads, these cylinder heads will make much greater Torque and Hp merely by their design. Flow numbers alone are greater than 50 cfm on the intake and exhaust side than Edelbrocks "out of the box". The heart shaped, fast burn combustion will be less prone to detonation. Pricing fully assembled with the correct spring heights for your camshaft is $2195.00. A bare set with guides and seats installed is $1695.00. Please let others know about this. I'm trying real hard to spread the word. Thanks Nick "X-Force Engine Services"