PDA

View Full Version : Ride Plates

skeepwerkzaz
06-11-2003, 08:35 AM
Can I make a ride plate for my 18' Nordic jet? It seems simple enough, does anyone know what I should be thinking about r.e. material, dimensions, attachment etc....
thanks,
Clay

Slick
06-11-2003, 09:00 AM
Clay,
I've got to call Dan Nelson today for that same reason. I don't think it's a big deal other than getting the cradle or making one if you're crafty. I'm pretty sure the aluminum generally used is T-16. Does that sound right? I heard that somewhere. Is your pump already machined?
Unless you have droopsnoot, my old one off the JC bowl should fit yours. Give me a call.
Slick

miller19j
06-11-2003, 09:36 AM
Slick:
Clay,
I've got to call Dan Nelson today for that same reason. I don't think it's a big deal other than getting the cradle or making one if you're crafty. I'm pretty sure the aluminum generally used is T-16. Does that sound right? I heard that somewhere. Is your pump already machined?
Unless you have droopsnoot, my old one off the JC bowl should fit yours. Give me a call.
Slick I don’t know jack about ride plates but I think that you are thinking about aluminum heat treated to T-6 I don’t think that there is T-16 temper designation.
They are probably made out of something like 6061 T-6 alum. It is a pretty standard alloy and real easy to machine.

Slick
06-11-2003, 09:43 AM
Whatever you say, Mr. Smartypants.

skeepwerkzaz
06-11-2003, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the info huys...
Hey Slick, do you still have that battery connection? My dog ate your phone #! :D
Oh yeah, as far as machining my intake, I saw a ride-plate installed that had the plate machined instead. Looked pretty easy.
[ June 11, 2003, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: skeepwerkzaz ]

Slick
06-11-2003, 10:00 AM
The one off my JC was machined on pump and the plate.

Duane HTP
06-11-2003, 06:43 PM
We produce an add-on ride plate and shoe system that works very well on the JC & JG Berkeleys, ATJ, and Dominator pumps. A machined intake is the best, but if you don't want to go to the trouble and expense of removing and machining for a shoe, these work good and sell for only $225.00. You can see them at www.hi-techperformance.com. (http://www.hi-techperformance.com.) Look under other performance parts towards the bottom of the page.

MarKist
06-11-2003, 07:06 PM
hey Duane,I just ordered a kit from ya but forgot to tell you that it has a jetovator too!!thought you might want to know!!thx Mark wink

Mohavekid
06-12-2003, 05:17 PM
Duane, what can you tell me about your kit for the Berk e pump.
My boat is a Sanger 20.5' Mini-cruiser. Right now it's all stock & original with a 400 horse BBC and a place diverter. I have some porpoise at mid range and am looking for a way to null that out without having to run the diverter down so much. At high speed, I have no porpoise at all. My stock ride plate is set about 2 degrees down. Would your shoe/ride plate kit be of any benefit to me?
Thx
[ June 12, 2003, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: Mohavekid ]

Duane HTP
06-12-2003, 07:18 PM
Yes, that's basically what they were designed for. They will take the porpoise out of a Taylor. They help lift the back of the boat out of the water and when used along with "The Snoot", they usually gain some speed plus better handling.
[ June 12, 2003, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Duane HTP ]