PDA

View Full Version : DID HBJET

565edge
08-11-2003, 09:53 AM
So did hbjet set any speed records this weekend at cbba?How did the new bottom work?Was it worth the money?

HBjet
08-11-2003, 02:19 PM
565edge:
So did hbjet set any speed records this weekend at cbba?How did the new bottom work?Was it worth the money? Well, with full tanks of gas, and 2 peeps on board, full cooler, and anchor, we where running 92mph in 127 degree heat. I wonder what it would run with a light load, one person, and the air temp around 70 degrees?
As for the bottom work, that was probably one of the best investments ever. Just crusing around 3500-4000rpm it ran smooth and flat. No bouncing on the glassy water. It really frees up the boat at any speed
HBjet
[ August 11, 2003, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

Hotcrusader76
08-11-2003, 02:29 PM
HBjet:
565edge:
So did hbjet set any speed records this weekend at cbba?How did the new bottom work?Was it worth the money? Well, with full tanks of gas, and 2 peeps on board, full cooler, and anchor, we where running 92mph in 127 degree heat. I wonder what it would run with a light load, one person, and the air temp around 70 degrees?
As for the bottom work, that was probably one of the best investments ever. Just crusing around 3500-4000rpm it ran smooth and flat. No bouncing on the glassy water. It really frees up the boat at any speed
HBjet Not to mention myself, my cup-cake and my ice-chest as well were onboard that sled.
For a boat with four people, two ice-chests, 3 gallons of some extra water from a bow-plunge, the boat ran extremely strong!
More to follow...

UBFJ #454
08-11-2003, 02:37 PM
Jeff does do good work doesn't he.

cyclone
08-11-2003, 04:07 PM
I know he passed my ass once this weekend. hopefully that wont happen again!
:D
Hey Ty- it was nice meeting you finally. Sorry about your boat breaking. Hope you get it fixed up and back on the water asap. Your motor looked freaking cool with all the powdercoating on it.

G-String_Jaime
08-11-2003, 04:15 PM
Diddo Mike.
I had a killer time despite the boat issues. We'll be a Fox's or Big River on Labor Day. Hope to run agaist ya there once she's properly dialed in wink :D .

Hotcrusader76
08-11-2003, 04:17 PM
Sorry Mike. That's Jaime's log in...LMAO...
Roll playing at it's best. :D

cyclone
08-11-2003, 04:40 PM
now that was funny. for a second i thought a had a match race against your girl! lol

Windy
08-11-2003, 04:48 PM
Mike and Randys poor beaten down trailers are going to be neglected another winter I see. You boys sure got your priorities straight :D
MissHBjet

cyclone
08-11-2003, 08:48 PM
guess i'll just have to keep welding up the old one every time it breaks since it falls way behind chicks, beer and fast boats on my list of priorities.

Hotcrusader76
08-11-2003, 11:05 PM
Bungee chords and tie downs are even cheaper than welds. I'll chip in some for ya guys. :D

Froggystyle
08-12-2003, 09:46 AM
Hotcrusader76:
Bungee chords and tie downs are even cheaper than welds. I'll chip in some for ya guys. :D You can just give them the ones that were holding your trailer together!!! wink

cyclone
08-13-2003, 08:25 AM
i never seem to have enough bungee cords and tie downs. everyone seems to always borrow and never return. Zip ties, now there is an invention! :D

Hotcrusader76
08-13-2003, 09:08 AM
cyclone:
i never seem to have enough bungee cords and tie downs. everyone seems to always borrow and never return. Zip ties, now there is an invention! :D Heard you were in the neighborhood last night Mike wink
That's freakin' cool bro. She's a kick ass gal

cyclone
08-13-2003, 10:13 AM
I was down at JBA Racing running my Tundra on the dyno and afterwards she was kind enough to cook dinner for me.

cyclone
08-13-2003, 11:35 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45IMG_0768-med.JPG
the supercharger works good!! :D

cyclone
08-13-2003, 11:36 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45IMG_0770-med.JPG

Hotcrusader76
08-13-2003, 12:58 PM
You're killin' me Mike LMAO...
huffer on a Tundra? WTF bro :p . Ya never quit do ya?

Windy
08-13-2003, 01:05 PM
Hotcrusader76:
You're killin' me Mike LMAO...
huffer on a Tundra? WTF bro :p . Ya never quit do ya? Hes barely getten started wink

roostwear
08-13-2003, 01:07 PM
No fair powerbraking! (If ya wanna play burn 'em down, come on by and I'll drag the Mustang out)

cyclone
08-13-2003, 01:19 PM
Ty- i have issues. i cant seem to keep anything stock for very long.
Mike- there's no good way to defeat the traction control computer and with the limited slip you have to power break it to get a good launch. But if you want to run the stang then i'm game.

STIFFLER
08-13-2003, 01:52 PM
cyclone:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45IMG_0768-med.JPG
the supercharger works good!! :D Great picture :D

Hotcrusader76
08-13-2003, 01:56 PM
Sooo when are ya baggin the trailer Mike? wink
I used to have a bagged/body dropped truck in the day, so if ya need some help with the skills :D

cyclone
08-13-2003, 02:42 PM
The bagged boat trailer was good for shock value and clearing driveways but i dont even have the time to goof off on projects like that these days. still got two trucks and a boat to finish up. Got any pics of your old truck Ty? I've built and owned several body dropped rides. A couple of crew cab duallys, a pair of Toyotas mini trucks and the '69 Chevy i've got now. Tons of fun but not real practical.

cyclone
08-13-2003, 02:43 PM
but then again..with a 12 pack of beer, a mig welder and some friends, we could lay out your trailer in one night. :D

Hotcrusader76
08-13-2003, 02:52 PM
My pics of the sled are so far back digital wasn't even in. I had a 94 GMC Ext.Cab that Crazy Customs did back in 99. Shaved lights, welded in pan, slit tail lights, tweed interior (mustang buckets), four DEI DVC 10"subs...ya know...the whole ghetto thing...with quick-air and all. LMAO Geeze...those were the dayz. :D

Hotcrusader76
08-13-2003, 03:00 PM
cyclone:
but then again..with a 12 pack of beer, a mig welder and some friends, we could lay out your trailer in one night. :D Well it looks like the welder might be busy with our new buggy. Plus Froggystyle put alot of work into the trailer already. Hell I think that trailers had more welding done to it than a triple axle of the assembly line.
Plus aka"G-String_Jaime" (LMAO thanks HBJet wink ) and I are rebuilding a two-seater buggy for the desert. She's got the decor and I'm doing the mechanicals. Figured we'd do a his and her project so I'm not always away from the house....alone :D
So far I'm droppin' in a stroker VW motor with twin Holley 500 two-barrels. She will be a real work of art. Jaime's got awesome taste in decor so here's her chance. :D
[ August 13, 2003, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

cyclone
08-13-2003, 03:27 PM
I know Sean Dell. He's one heck of a fabricator. His toyota was freakin' insane both lowered and when he lifted it on airbags.
The buggy sounds like a fun project. i wonder what color she'll choose?

Hotcrusader76
08-13-2003, 04:13 PM
Well the Candy blue is definitely in order with red accents. Similar to my boat (minus the 80s gel). It's the seats and other items she's picking out.
The motor will be completely polished and accented in black wrinkle if possible and powdercoated items as required. Ya know...all of the bling bling s$&t

bp
08-13-2003, 05:03 PM
565edge:
So did hbjet set any speed records this weekend at cbba?How did the new bottom work?Was it worth the money? getting back to the original question, jeff worked over the bottom of my boat this past winter, and it made one hell of a difference in quick, and top speed. we made a few other changes, but the bottom work was probably the most significant. he spent almost a full day just around the transition into the intake. i've had one helluva time slowing it down enough to stay in my bracket in good air. with 4100' at chowchilla, i ran a 10.06/106, with more in the toolbox. it wouldn't come close to that last year, in that kind of air. between dne/mpd, and the jb bottom, i'm pretty satisfied i can find the 10s wherever i go.

565edge
08-13-2003, 05:10 PM
bp:
565edge:
So did hbjet set any speed records this weekend at cbba?How did the new bottom work?Was it worth the money? getting back to the original question, jeff worked over the bottom of my boat this past winter, and it made one hell of a difference in quick, and top speed. we made a few other changes, but the bottom work was probably the most significant. he spent almost a full day just around the transition into the intake. i've had one helluva time slowing it down enough to stay in my bracket in good air. with 4100' at chowchilla, i ran a 10.06/106, with more in the toolbox. it wouldn't come close to that last year, in that kind of air. between dne/mpd, and the jb bottom, i'm pretty satisfied i can find the 10s wherever i go. BP,drag your boat up to naci this weekend,we are leaving friday.I would like to talk to you sometime about loader grates as well?I need to install a guage and check my intake pressure,we just re-built my pump and installed jetway,with the inducer do i have to change set-up at all?I had papp put his bottom on my boat with the bubble last year.
[ August 13, 2003, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: 565edge ]

hack job
08-13-2003, 05:22 PM
i would say that hb's boat is riding a little dryer! wink
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/36DSCN2292-med.JPG
that is from the cbbb!

HBjet
08-13-2003, 05:31 PM
Tyson, that is one of the best pics I've ever seen of my boat, thanks!
If you look at the original size, you see we have definate cheek flap going on....
HBjet

hack job
08-13-2003, 05:44 PM
randy that big one will be on the cd.
can you do me a favor and send me all your pics form the weekend?
i know the cheep flap thing! but not in my boat that weekend! wink

HBjet
08-13-2003, 05:49 PM
No problem.... do you want a CD, or just to email them to you? I will send you the original sized ones...
HBjet

cyclone
08-13-2003, 06:31 PM
ooh that's a great pic. i want to see my drive-bye photos!

Havasu Hangin'
08-13-2003, 06:34 PM
hack job:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/36DSCN2292-med.JPGThat is a great picture.
Time for a couple matching vests, kids?
[ August 13, 2003, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Havasu Hangin' ]

HBjet
08-13-2003, 08:10 PM
Havasu Hangin':
Time for a couple matching vests, kids? I know... But if you look close, I have one under my tank top, and MissHBjet has 2 under her bikini top. Custom baby!
Ok, I know..... on the way home I was thinking how dumb I was for making passes like that. I need to get a vest!
HBjet

Oldsquirt
08-13-2003, 08:22 PM
Havasu Hangin':
Time for a couple matching vests, kids? I'm with HH on this one. I also know you don't need to be traveling those speeds to need safety gear, either. Lesson learned the hard way frown

Havasu Hangin'
08-13-2003, 08:28 PM
OLDSQUIRT:
I also know you don't need to be traveling those speeds to need safety gear, either. Lesson learned the hard way..As long as he understands...if they both ever need mouth-to-mouth...Wendy will be OK, but HBJet may be in trouble.
As for the Tugboat, all I need is Lifeline water wings...

Johnwithjm
08-13-2003, 08:28 PM
Cyclone and HBjet you guy going to out my way Labor Day? Hope you guys make it out for some racing. I know Cyclone will be out there putting them on the trailer. I think I will have a 250 shot on my boat to test that weekend.

hack job
08-13-2003, 08:42 PM
HBjet:
No problem.... do you want a CD, or just to email them to you? I will send you the original sized ones...
HBjet what ever way is easier for you if you email them send them to cbbbadmin@classicboatbeachbash.com

565edge
08-13-2003, 09:07 PM
Hbjet looks like you changed your diverter,i heard its a aggressor.The old one was blue and some parts were polished right?

565edge
08-13-2003, 09:16 PM
I got a question,Im installing my new t&d shaft mounted rockers and somehow a shim(.070 shim)slipped away and fell into my intake valley,motor is all together and in my boat,the washer is not in the valley but fell into the cam area somehow,I think it might of landed on my windage tray?I cant see it from up top,should i say **** it and run it or start pulling it out and pull pan?My other problem is the last bolt i torque down pulled out of the head?Do i helo coil it in the boat or pull this pos apart?I have 60 gallons of vp 114 on the way for this weekend and now i think im ****ed.On the other note does a jetaway only take one bottle of oil they send with it or both?

HBjet
08-13-2003, 09:50 PM
565edge:
Hbjet looks like you changed your diverter,i heard its a aggressor.The old one was blue and some parts were polished right? Nope, I'm proud to say my boat is Aggressor Free!
As for the old one, yeah, it is blue and there are some chrome parts. That divertor is the older style, the one I'm using now is the newer style and it has the blue FTN insert.
HBjet

Hotcrusader76
08-14-2003, 07:02 AM
That's a killer shot Randy! Damn. Make sure and try to get that image in all formats so you can have it blown up.
Do I see a new poster? :D

MAXIMUS
08-14-2003, 07:03 AM
565edge:
I got a question,Im installing my new t&d shaft mounted rockers and somehow a shim(.070 shim)slipped away and fell into my intake valley,motor is all together and in my boat,the washer is not in the valley but fell into the cam area somehow,I think it might of landed on my windage tray?I cant see it from up top,should i say **** it and run it or start pulling it out and pull pan?My other problem is the last bolt i torque down pulled out of the head?Do i helo coil it in the boat or pull this pos apart?I have 60 gallons of vp 114 on the way for this weekend and now i think im ****ed.On the other note does a jetaway only take one bottle of oil they send with it or both? 565 Edge have you ever run this boat??? Seems like you are spending a lot of time doing stuff that should have been done on the original build up? :confused:

cyclone
08-14-2003, 07:46 AM
John- i just found out i got the weekend off. Need to fix an oil leak that developed last weekend at CBBB and a few other issues. I'm sure i'll make it as long as the boat is running right.

Johnwithjm
08-14-2003, 08:00 AM
cyclone:
John- i just found out i got the weekend off. Need to fix an oil leak that developed last weekend at CBBB and a few other issues. I'm sure i'll make it as long as the boat is running right. Sounds good Cyclone if you want to trailer down early Sat night you can come by my place to do any minor stuff before you run that thing. I will have plenty of help there if you need someone to help you launch.

cyclone
08-14-2003, 08:08 AM
that sounds cool. i really want to run LL again. Just need to get the boat up to par. It didn't run too well in the 127 degree heat last weekend.

Johnwithjm
08-14-2003, 08:22 AM
cyclone:
that sounds cool. i really want to run LL again. Just need to get the boat up to par. It didn't run too well in the 127 degree heat last weekend. Bring some jets and we will change them out if needed. I have pretty much everything we will need in my garage.

565edge
08-14-2003, 09:01 AM
MAXIMUS:
565edge:
I got a question,Im installing my new t&d shaft mounted rockers and somehow a shim(.070 shim)slipped away and fell into my intake valley,motor is all together and in my boat,the washer is not in the valley but fell into the cam area somehow,I think it might of landed on my windage tray?I cant see it from up top,should i say **** it and run it or start pulling it out and pull pan?My other problem is the last bolt i torque down pulled out of the head?Do i helo coil it in the boat or pull this pos apart?I have 60 gallons of vp 114 on the way for this weekend and now i think im ****ed.On the other note does a jetaway only take one bottle of oil they send with it or both? 565 Edge have you ever run this boat??? Seems like you are spending a lot of time doing stuff that should have been done on the original build up? :confused: I ran the boat last year about 6 diffrent lake trips,I pulled all the rockers and stud girdles to go with a shaft style rocker,I didnt like watching the the valve train move around after checking valve lash and tightning the stud girdles,shaft rockers are the way to go,Im pulling my intake right now and im going to pull motor and pull pan to find that shim.

MAXIMUS
08-14-2003, 10:51 AM
Were you able to gps it?? :)

565edge
08-14-2003, 12:07 PM
MAXIMUS:
Were you able to gps it?? :) Ive had a gps in it but not at a wide open pass,ive been asked to leave 2 lakes now before i had the chance,Ive had the gps at 100 at 6700rpm,i have spun it up to 7400-7500 but without the gps,If i get this done i will have some gps readings after the weekend.

cyclone
08-14-2003, 12:18 PM
6,700 rpm and you're only going 100 mph? and you want to spin 7,400-7,500 rpm? I've got to know what boat you are running and what's in the pump/engine cause that doesn't sound right.

565edge
08-14-2003, 12:39 PM
Well i now i dont have a superior race hull like yours or hbjets nor did the pump godess and engine guru of yours set mine up.The pump is a berekly with a stainless b/c,that gps reading at 6700 was when my old motor blew up and the motor was not running right,I have spun it up 7400-7500 the last 3 lake trips without the gps,Papp set my pump and the boat up so i know i am safe hands,If you still dont think thats right then i dont no what to tell you.I can tell you though with 2 spun mains and 2 spun rod bearings and the way that motor came apart it couldnt of made that much power on its way out,I am assuming at around 7300-7500 the boat should run between 115-120.
[ August 14, 2003, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: 565edge ]

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-14-2003, 12:47 PM
cyclone:
6,700 rpm and you're only going 100 mph? and you want to spin 7,400-7,500 rpm? I've got to know what boat you are running and what's in the pump/engine cause that doesn't sound right. you must never question a man on his setup or numbers Cyclone. :D The same way no one was allowed to doubt you or HB. He used a GPS so what more could you want?????
Omega

Blown 472
08-14-2003, 12:54 PM
I was running 78 at 5200 rpm, does that count??

cyclone
08-14-2003, 12:57 PM
calm down kids. I asked a simple question. A quest for information if you will. It wasn't a shot or a flame. I just wanted to know why it took so many rpms to go 100 mph. I dont know his boat so therefore it could have been a bayliner. Hell he could have been turning an E impeller for all i knew.
By the way, i dont have a lightweight race hull and I'm not the expert which is why i ask questions.
questions are fine, calling BS without all the info isn't.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-14-2003, 12:58 PM
Blown 472:
I was running 78 at 5200 rpm, does that count?? you don't count for chit. :D :D :D
Omega

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-14-2003, 01:03 PM
cyclone:
calm down kids. I asked a simple question. A quest for information if you will. It wasn't a shot or a flame. I just wanted to know why it took so many rpms to go 100 mph. I dont know his boat so therefore it could have been a bayliner. Hell he could have been turning an E impeller for all i knew.
By the way, i dont have a lightweight race hull and I'm not the expert which is why i ask questions.
questions are fine, calling BS without all the info isn't. questions are not allowed.... devil he gave you GPS numbers. GPS and dyno numbers are not to be questioned ever under any circumstances...... :D
Omega

HBjet
08-14-2003, 01:05 PM
Well, I was turning my Legend B at 5800rpm last weekend and I was running over 92mph with just under 20 gallons of fuel, cooler, and a passanger in 120+ degree heat. So lets say I lighten up the boat with little fuel, no passanger or cooler with some better air temps. I'll just guess saying I would be around 95mph @ 5800rpm turning a B cut Legend impeller in my V-bottom boat.... But a tunnel is (or was) going 100mph at 6700rpm with a B/C cut impeller. I know the smaller impeller would give you more RPM, but just how much more?
HBjet

565edge
08-14-2003, 01:09 PM
I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!Cyclone the boat is a 19' tom papp stealth with a 5 degree meirch low pro intake,berkely pump with a b/c stainless impeller,To turn a b/c around 7500 rpm you need around 950hp,My boat does have very large tanks,19 gallon a side,with heavy interior and my fat ass.

cyclone
08-14-2003, 01:09 PM
and no bling bling allowed. :D

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-14-2003, 01:10 PM
HBjet:
Well, I was turning my Legend B at 5800rpm last weekend and I was running over 92mph with just under 20 gallons of fuel, cooler, and a passanger in 120+ degree heat. So lets say I lighten up the boat with little fuel, no passanger or cooler with some better air temps. I'll just guess saying I would be around 95mph @ 5800rpm turning a B cut Legend impeller in my V-bottom boat.... But a tunnel is (or was) going 100mph at 6700rpm with a B/C cut impeller. I know the smaller impeller would give you more RPM, but just how much more?
HBjet I know a good plumber/carpenter you could run those numbers by.... :D devil :D
Omega

cyclone
08-14-2003, 01:10 PM
i would think that at 6,700 rpm your boat should be running at least 105-110 mph. 950 hp and 100 miles just doesn't sound right.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-14-2003, 01:12 PM
cyclone:
and no bling bling allowed. :D damn right..... :D :D :D still thinking about the diamond plate aluminum for my boat.
Omega

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-14-2003, 01:14 PM
cyclone:
i would think that at 6,700 rpm your boat should be running at least 105-110 mph. 950 hp and 100 miles just doesn't sound right. he said 950hp to turn it 7500rpm. stop thinking and questioning damnit. Just absorb like a sponge. you trying to stir the pot or something???
Omega

HBjet
08-14-2003, 01:15 PM
If I was turning my impeller at 6700rpm I would need 860hp to go 114mph....
Interesting
565, when is your boat going to be finished?
HBjet

HBjet
08-14-2003, 01:17 PM
well, if he observed 100mph at 6700rpm, he would need 1027hp to turn the same impeller at 7500rpm, and the mph would be 118mph.
Does that sound right?
HBjet

HBjet
08-14-2003, 01:18 PM
But with my Legend B impeller, I would only need 919hp to run 118mph, but If I had 1027hp, I would be going 124mph....
Now does that sound right?
HBjet

cyclone
08-14-2003, 01:19 PM
my brain is just on fire trying to compute all these big numbers. guess i need to go back the drawing board with my engine.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-14-2003, 01:34 PM
HBjet:
But with my Legend B impeller, I would only need 919hp to run 118mph, but If I had 1027hp, I would be going 124mph....
Now does that sound right?
HBjet I'll call my carpenter/plumber friend and run it by him. BTW HBjet, do you think I could get an autographed poster. I would like to hang it on my garage wall. Maybe miss Hbjet would be kind enough to autograph it too.
Omega http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/36DSCN2292-med.JPG

cyclone
08-14-2003, 01:37 PM
that is a great picture. ill take one too. but i only want miss hb's autograph.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-14-2003, 01:45 PM
cyclone:
that is a great picture. ill take one too. but i only want miss hb's autograph. Is missHB smiling or are her cheeks being torn off? wonder what hitting the water at those speeds would feel like???? I like the picture though and would hang a poster of it on my garage wall and even take a picture to prove it.....
Omega

hboldno7
08-14-2003, 01:49 PM
OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET:
cyclone:
that is a great picture. ill take one too. but i only want miss hb's autograph. Is missHB smiling or are her cheeks being torn off? wonder what hitting the water at those speeds would feel like???? I like the picture though and would hang a poster of it on my garage wall and even take a picture to prove it.....
Omega What else would we expect from the president of the HBjet fan club?

565edge
08-14-2003, 01:50 PM
I dont know how we can determine how much power that motor was making at 100mph,like i said before i stood on it and the boat didnt pin me in the seat like it usually did and i let off and stood on it again and the motor locked up,when it locked up thats how i got those numbers,i hit the re-call and looked at top mph on the garmin gps,the boat is night and day diffrence from that 100 mph run when the motor came apart,hbjet my new pushrods came today but i have a long night ahead of me,i pulled my intake off and still cant find that shim,i am now pulling the motor to pull pan and find that little ****er,Hopefully be ready tommorow night and headed to the lake,I have taken the boat out like 6 times with this motor,it was built by a very reputable guy who has a couple of boats running out at njba,I have never gps'd after we installed this motor.I need to spin up some rpm to run my motor in its powerband.

565edge
08-14-2003, 01:52 PM
Hbjet what size is your new ftn nozzle isert?

cyclone
08-14-2003, 02:04 PM
oh i got it. that makes more sense. it'll be interesting to see what she runs after you remove that pesky shim.

HBjet
08-14-2003, 02:52 PM
565edge:
Hbjet what size is your new ftn nozzle isert? It's the blue one which I think is 3-1/8"
565, find that shim man.....
HBjet

bp
08-14-2003, 08:05 PM
565edge:
bp:
565edge:
So did hbjet set any speed records this weekend at cbba?How did the new bottom work?Was it worth the money? getting back to the original question, jeff worked over the bottom of my boat this past winter, and it made one hell of a difference in quick, and top speed. we made a few other changes, but the bottom work was probably the most significant. he spent almost a full day just around the transition into the intake. i've had one helluva time slowing it down enough to stay in my bracket in good air. with 4100' at chowchilla, i ran a 10.06/106, with more in the toolbox. it wouldn't come close to that last year, in that kind of air. between dne/mpd, and the jb bottom, i'm pretty satisfied i can find the 10s wherever i go. BP,drag your boat up to naci this weekend,we are leaving friday.I would like to talk to you sometime about loader grates as well?I need to install a guage and check my intake pressure,we just re-built my pump and installed jetway,with the inducer do i have to change set-up at all?I had papp put his bottom on my boat with the bubble last year. edge, i cannot go to naci as i'm on call this weekend. hope you find your shim. i have some extra jetaway juice. if you need some, pm me and you can pick it up on the way up there. my house is just off oak park.
btw, on my 106 run at chowchilla, the engine was turning all of 5870. 700lb bare hull, legend B. the time slip and the data both say the same thing.
the blue ftn is 3.125.

PC Rat
08-14-2003, 08:16 PM
"the blue ftn is 3.125."
I have a red one sitting here that is 3.125"
and a purple one that is 3.0"
my blue on is in the boat and I thought it was 3.0625"
I better double check it.
Brian

Bense468
08-15-2003, 04:32 PM
Where are all the pics of last weekend. I just got back from the river 10 minutes ago. Was out there for a week. It was hot on sunday. I heard from my buddy that cyclone and randy ran. So what was the outcome?

JetBoatRich
08-15-2003, 05:18 PM
This is a great picture, looks like you two are having fun.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/36DSCN2292-med.JPG

bp
08-16-2003, 06:42 AM
PC Rat:
"the blue ftn is 3.125."
I have a red one sitting here that is 3.125"
and a purple one that is 3.0"
my blue on is in the boat and I thought it was 3.0625"
I better double check it.
Brian it's 3.125 if ya bore it out :p

hack job
08-16-2003, 08:38 AM
here is anther one of you randy i think this one that your boat is dryer than before.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/36randy12-med.jpg

DEL51
08-16-2003, 05:09 PM
HB JET,That is a great photo of you and miss, at speed.The first one is the better of the two.That is what we all really love and crave. Make a poster out of it. Make an mpeg of of an outing when you have it dialed in.By the way, is it painful in a 120 degree wind, or does it cool you down some? Serious. We have wind chill factors up here in winter.

HBjet
08-17-2003, 12:22 AM
Up there and other parts of the river, it just gets hotter as you drive faster, and in some sections it would get really hot, and then other cooler. Just driving 35-40mph that weekend I was dipping my hand into the water just to spray a little up on me it was so hot. MissHBjet and I stayed on the water each night after the sun went down and it was really nice out then.
When I get some video of my boat, I will post it.
HBjet

littleC
08-18-2003, 04:00 PM
Hbjet and Cyclone
My liberty ran 70mph with an a impellar at 7800 rpm. will you do the math for me and tell me if you think that is right?

HBjet
08-18-2003, 05:15 PM
littleC:
Hbjet and Cyclone
My liberty ran 70mph with an a impellar at 7800 rpm. will you do the math for me and tell me if you think that is right? Are you sure it was at 7300rpm with an A impeller? If you are, then you are in need of a rebuild my friend!
HBjet

Bense468
08-18-2003, 06:09 PM
Little C did you say 7300? Is that towing a naked knee boarder? Or is that wrappin it up on the trailer when you are trailer racin while watching porn on the DVD player in the truck.
Just think the older you get the faster you where. By the time you are 50 you will say you were turning your "A" pump 10 grand.
No shoes, No shirt, No service

cyclone
08-19-2003, 08:01 AM
hmm. two posts in a row from the La Verne contingent of jet boaters??? i wonder who little C is?
I'd have to agree on HB on this one. if you are only going 70mph at that rpm then i think your life vest might be on too tight. or some drunk guy is dragging his newspaper shoes in the water while you're driving...did you untie the boat from the dock??? :D

BK
08-19-2003, 08:19 AM
Before you run out and rebuild the pump check your tach!

Jetdriver
08-19-2003, 08:33 AM
I have video of HbJets boat in action, But I aint given it up just yet!

cyclone
08-20-2003, 08:54 AM
jetdriver- hb jet in action against who? why aren't ya giving it up just yet?

BIGAMIST
08-20-2003, 10:42 AM
cyclone:
jetdriver- hb jet in action against who? why aren't ya giving it up just yet? It will be done on Friday & sent to HackJob for the CBBB CD there's some good stuff of your boat to Cyclone.
So I'm gonna ask again did you like the video????

Jetdriver
08-20-2003, 10:43 AM
Hey Jeff you gonna come get the goods tonight?

BIGAMIST
08-20-2003, 10:46 AM
Ok ,what time you gonna be home?

Jetdriver
08-20-2003, 12:02 PM
I B there around 5ish!

cyclone
08-20-2003, 12:15 PM
jeff that video was great. i'm bummed that the launch ramp part got cut off but the race footage was excellent. it gave me a good view of how the boat was running. thanks man!

BIGAMIST
08-20-2003, 02:49 PM
cyclone:
jeff that video was great. i'm bummed that the launch ramp part got cut off but the race footage was excellent. it gave me a good view of how the boat was running. thanks man! Cool deal glad you liked it.