PDA

View Full Version : Need two emblems for Hawaiian

STROKER ACE
03-01-2003, 12:51 PM
Help me I dont just want I need http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/506/112tn_hawaiian_logo.jpg

79Hawaiian
03-02-2003, 05:27 PM
Ya know so do I. Mine are all warped and shitty. I have been told that mine are in great shape since they are not yet broken. Sounds like a business opportunity! There are a lot of old Hawaiians out there. Anyone know where I could get mine replicated?

Old Guy
03-02-2003, 06:22 PM
I retired last year and I've been thinking about a little business venture to supply missing emblems. The only big problem is to make a plated metal emblem that looks original and sell it for any where near what any body is willing to pay. If they were just buffed and clear coated, it would look like chrome. At least for a while and would cost a lot less. I'm going to try something when I get my new shop. Should be June or July. I had a machine shop for about 25 years and sold it. The new shop will be a pole barn across the street. Waddya think?
old

old rigger
03-02-2003, 07:41 PM
Hawaiian's were mold injected plastic. That's why they don't last very long. They broke on a regular basis when we put the cheap things on new. Crappy, crappy, crappy. Not nearly as nice as the old pot metal ones we used on Tahiti, Howard, Rogers, etc.

Old Guy
03-02-2003, 08:08 PM
If I had an original to use to make a rubber mold, it wouldn't be difficult to make them out of "pot metal". At least it would hard to tell they weren't "pot metal" (zinc).
old

79Hawaiian
03-02-2003, 10:20 PM
Plastic sucks but is cheap. Mine has lasted 24 years. If I could buy another plastic one that would last half that long I would be happy. I guarantee the boat will not last another 24.

AZKC
03-03-2003, 08:33 AM
Old Guy:
If I had an original to use to make a rubber mold, it wouldn't be difficult to make them out of "pot metal". At least it would hard to tell they weren't "pot metal" (zinc).
old I'll part with mine to make molds, I was all ready thinking of doing that anyway, PM or email me when your ready.
KC

Brknrun
03-05-2003, 08:49 PM
I have a metal one..It came off the end of of the boat and was centered above the jet..right were the metal strips joint together for the rubber to fit in..my boat is in restoration period at the moment..probly for about 2 weeks yet..maybe theres a mold to be made of it??

Jake W
03-05-2003, 08:57 PM
Hears a question why cant some one cnc machine them out of alum now that would be nice.My 77 Tahiti has the emblems in good shape but my new to me 79 Kachina project ones are long gone.Why didnt you take some with you OldRigger?he he ,Jake