View Full Version : Rotating Assembly Question For 460 Ford

atxwrangler
03-09-2006, 08:35 PM
I Want To Eventually Put An 871 Blower On My Now Stock 460.is There A Balanced Rotating Assembly Kit That I Can Buy And Just Pop In To Make My Short Block Hold Up? I Am Running Dove C Heads ,ported On Exhaust Side With Oversized Valves,small 78cc Chamber,i Think, And Am Concerned About Compression.what Pistons Can I Use With These Heads?i Am Thinking I Will Prolly Bore It 30 Over!thanx In Advance!also what is you alls opinion on using the stock ford crank?i have been told that nickel nodular iron crank is stronger than a forged chevy crank!

atxwrangler
03-10-2006, 05:45 PM
bump

LakesOnly
03-10-2006, 11:44 PM
I Want To Eventually Put An 871 Blower On My Now Stock 460.is There A Balanced Rotating Assembly Kit That I Can Buy And Just Pop In To Make My Short Block Hold Up? I Am Running Dove C Heads ,ported On Exhaust Side With Oversized Valves,small 78cc Chamber And Am Concerned About Compression.what Pistons Can I Use With These Heads?i Am Thinking I Will Prolly Bore It 30 Over!thanx In Advance!also what is you alls opinion on using the stock ford crank?i have been told that nickel nodular iron crank is stronger than a forged chevy crank!Use the stock crank with the proper prep, quality aftermarket rods and forged pistons. Good oil pump and oiling mods. You will need dished pistons and big chamber heads. 97cc D3's will work, but you'll get a lot more HP with aluminum heads with the blower package. The aftermarket heads can always come later, I suppose.
LO

atxwrangler
03-11-2006, 05:56 AM
thanx lakes! i just wasn't sure about using the stock crank.i am going to start looking for some blue thunders, they will match the intake.i have a set of d3's just in case !

SmokinLowriderSS
03-13-2006, 04:10 AM
Those stock Ford cranks were damn strong. The only place the factory ever put a forged crank in my digging was the BOSS 429's. Even the CJ/SCJ's ran cast ones to no problem. Suppose it does depend just how big of HP ##'s you want to put against it tho.

atxwrangler
03-13-2006, 09:07 AM
that's good to hear.the question i am pondering now is ,should i use a main cap girdle,or convert my two bolt main to four, to strengthen up my block!

blown428fe
03-13-2006, 12:54 PM
I Want To Eventually Put An 871 Blower On My Now Stock 460.is There A Balanced Rotating Assembly Kit That I Can Buy And Just Pop In To Make My Short Block Hold Up? I Am Running Dove C Heads ,ported On Exhaust Side With Oversized Valves,small 78cc Chamber,i Think, And Am Concerned About Compression.what Pistons Can I Use With These Heads?i Am Thinking I Will Prolly Bore It 30 Over!thanx In Advance!also what is you alls opinion on using the stock ford crank?i have been told that nickel nodular iron crank is stronger than a forged chevy crank!
Im running a 468 Ford with cast crank-2YABC and D6VE-AA truck rods (substitutes for D0OE-A CJ/SCJ rods) and 88cc heads with a 6-71 large bore BDS spun at 13.3% over with no problems. No pump gas. Pistons are TRW L 2404F 40 forged. Motor is 40 over.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/10337er_003-med.jpg

atxwrangler
03-13-2006, 05:31 PM
thanx, hawaiian! that motor looks sweet. do you abuse it on a regular basis?how long has it been together?what heads you got?thanx in advance!

blown428fe
03-13-2006, 05:49 PM
thanx, hawaiian! that motor looks sweet. do you abuse it on a regular basis?how long has it been together?what heads you got?thanx in advance!
Heads- D3AE-2A2 Motor is about 4yrs old and gets a good pounding now and then.
Just noticed my post# is 468, oh mint.