PDA

View Full Version : BOWL GASKET

kceballes
05-28-2002, 07:17 AM
I am wondering how hard it is to change out a bowl gasket? At WOT the bilge is fillin up pretty quick, but only at WOT. The packing and bowl gasket was replaced beginning of last season and the packing seems to be tight. maybe five trips or twenty hours on both, anybody have suggestions or lead me in the right direction. Thanks

fire on the water
05-28-2002, 01:32 PM
Hey, I have the same prob. It sucks to constantly check the bilge! I have not fixed mine yet, but have done a little questioning here and around town. Everyone says to use 100% silicone, someone speak- up if this is wrong. Let me know how hard it is to do.

HammerDown
05-28-2002, 03:57 PM
Ya have to tell us what pump ya have. If its set back...no biggie! If ya have a transom adapter, there's a little more work to do. I never use silly cone...on my intake and all pump gaskets I was told many years ago to use white lithium grease on the gaskets, Just spread it on like icing on a cake...and it works great...dosen't let water in and if ya ever need to take the pump down it falls apart! And reuse the same gaskets!

kceballes
06-18-2002, 06:40 AM
Its a jb pump with transom adaptor. What would be involved, besides the bowl bolts on the inside of the transom? I don't want to get it apart and be screwed because of settings and clearance on internals.