PDA

View Full Version : Bronze Impeller ?

Taylorman
02-09-2003, 06:54 AM
I just bought this bronze aggressor impeller off ebay. It is a C and the seller said it was race detailed by Tom Papp. It has one spot that has a pit in it. I tried to take a good picture of it but this is the best I could do. Is this normal for impellers to pit like this. My alum impeller I have now has pits but I did not expect a bronze to do the same. Will these pits have any affect on performance? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/DCP_1858.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/DCP_1854.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/DCP_1852.JPG

Jungle Boy
02-09-2003, 07:16 AM
Can't comment on the pits, but just how high are you planning to spin that 455ci engine with a "C".
:cool:

Duane HTP
02-09-2003, 07:17 AM
That's pretty common with bronze impellers regardless of manufacture. Probably will never cause any kind of problem of any kind.

Taylorman
02-09-2003, 07:18 AM
Since they tell me an aggressor C is like a Berkeley B, I figure I will get a couple hundred more rpms. I have a Berkeley AB now and Im turning 4800. Im shooting for 5000.

Taylorman
02-09-2003, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the reply guys. Duane, this impeller is coming to you soon for one of you wear rings.

Taylorman
02-09-2003, 07:40 AM
One more question. When you go to a smaller impeller such as Im doing, do you loose some speed out of the hole? If so, will a impeller pre loader fix this and will the pre loader hurt you on top end?

MikeF
02-09-2003, 07:58 AM
T, You won't lose speed as far as going to a smaller trim impeller "if" your engine can turn the new impeller to a higher rpm than you are currently turning the one you have. If your engine can do that, then you have the posibility of moving a little more water through the pump, hence, the higher speed.
Important! When you cut the impeller smaller, you will lose efficiency. You might end up w/o a higher top speed and a higher rpm. It depends on how many more rpm you can get w/ your engine.
[ February 09, 2003, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: MikeF ]

XClutchboy725
02-09-2003, 08:17 AM
Taylorman:
Since they tell me an aggressor C is like a Berkeley B, I figure I will get a couple hundred more rpms. I have a Berkeley AB now and Im turning 4800. Im shooting for 5000. Taylorman,
FYI I have a mag-bronze Agressor A in my boat that has been turned down to a B. I turn it 5700 RPM's with about 600H.P. I'm concerned that you may be going a little too small!

Taylorman
02-09-2003, 08:40 AM
I know I MAY be going to small. I just wanted to give it a try. If the B cut is to small, i will switch back. It was to good of a deal to pass up. I only paid $235 for the impeller.

Wet Dream
02-09-2003, 09:35 AM
What have you done to the engine to address the higher revving?

Taylorman
02-09-2003, 07:49 PM
Lots of prayers.

1tricky1
02-09-2003, 07:58 PM
Yo T, just out of curiosity, what you got in that 455? compression, cam, heads, valves, carb, ign?

1tricky1
02-09-2003, 07:59 PM
forgot to mention....nice roost!!!

Taylorman
02-09-2003, 08:17 PM
10-1 forged Speed Pro Pistons, Edelbrock heads, Offy Tunnel ram w/dual 600's, Hyd. Roller Comp cam 292 duration and .520 lift all ARP hardware, MSD dist. 6AL Box, plug wires and coil.
Im awake now.
Pistons, no clue, cam no clue, Offy tunnel ram with dual Edelbrock 600's, all MSD stuff listed above and stock J heads. Berkeley JE pump. I am going to experiment with a new impeller this summer. I will post the results as possible. The engine turns 4800 and Im shooting for 5K. Last summer, the boat ran 60 at 4600 rpms. I think my roost is pretty nice also, thanks for the compliment. Gotta love those Jet o vators.
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/DCP_1830.JPG
[ February 09, 2003, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: Taylorman ]

1tricky1
02-09-2003, 08:34 PM
Yo T, nice looking motor!!! I also run a pair of those Edelbrocks, mine are 750's. I think they are great performing carbs for the price! I also have an "E" pump with a jetovator...I'm planning on switching to a Place Diverter soon, my bowl is just worn out and I keep blowing that damn o-ring out. :mad:
I'm not sure what it'll take to get that Olds spinning, but I think some head work could help...wait a minute, I just saw you have a set of edelbrocks...what valve size are you running? and possibly a bigger lift cam. I have a similar set up to yours w/ a BBC....9.7 to 1, tunnel ram, same ign. except my cam is 570 lift, 240 lift @ .050 (292 adv). I'm turning a Dominator "A" impeller 5400. I'm interested to see what that impeller does for you

Jake W
02-09-2003, 08:59 PM
All right I have some guestions for you guys that are turing an A over 5 grand.What kind of power are you runing?Turning an A over 5 would be alot of horse power or a loose pump.I have a Aggressor A imp now and turn 4700 whith an 460 ford with a comp cam and MSD ignition distrebuter Bassett headers and single offy tunnel ram witha 650 DP Holly mechanical secondarys as my only performance parts.Now my pump consists of A Aggressor imp 9 vein Aggressor bowl droop placediverter stright cut shoe and rideplate.And I had a cheap REX loader grate some people call this a ramp grate.Now I have made my place diverter in to a FTN withan 3 1/8 incert and bought a custom loader from MPD.I figure with the custom loader it will load alot more water in and this taking off RPM so I have all so bought an C cut Aggressor imp to try to bring them back up.What do you guys think about this meathod of thinging.Jake

1tricky1
02-09-2003, 09:15 PM
Jake, my pump is tight, I've got all of maybe 20 hrs on it. I have a 454 .030 over, with all mentioned above plus a set of 049 heads w/ 2.19in. & 1.88 ex and some substantial bowl work to the heads w/ Roller rockers. The tach is new and I also gps'd my boat @ 75mph. I think there is more with a better bowl (such as yours), a droop and an aftermarket shoe. I've heard that the aggressor B is like a berkeley A and a aggressor A would be like a berkeley AA and so on. I built this motor expecting about 500hp and I think I'm pretty close. You might benefit by turning down your impeller to an AB cut. What size cam are you running? What's your compression?

Jake W
02-09-2003, 09:36 PM
I have a Comp Magnum, Grind 280H and lift is 530 it is a Hydrolic cam.Compresion ? it is a Harden 1976 460 Ford.Oyea I am running a 429 dub timing chain and gears.To give her a little pep.I am hopping that the C will put me at around 5000 but now with the new top loader it will probely be more like 4800.I am all so going to put and 750 Dp or a 850 Dp to let it breath more.Jake

1tricky1
02-09-2003, 10:21 PM
Hey Jake, how do like your aggressor bowl? did you notice any performance gain w/ it? Good luck with the c cut...be sure and post your results.
I think you are on the right track. Although if your motor has the ponies, a loader shouldn't automatically drop your revs, just make the pump more efficient at higher revs. Also, not knowing your compression is difficult to diagnose. Getting an 8:1 motor over 5k is pretty tough...naturally aspirated that is. :D

revndave
02-10-2003, 06:59 AM
TAYLORMAN
THATS MY OLD IMPELLER.I TURNED IT AT 7000RPM WITH INDUCER.IT TOOK 1013HP TO DO IT.INDUCER WILL HELP IT LEAVE.GOOD LUCK.

ChetCapoli
02-10-2003, 07:53 AM
1tricky1:
Hey Jake, how do like your aggressor bowl? did you notice any performance gain w/ it? That's a loaded question now tricky...be careful..hbjet is around here.... :D
All this aggressor talk is giving me the shakes......how do you like your bowl by the way good ol jake????? Really think it needed flowing in your application???
CHET

Jake W
02-10-2003, 08:16 AM
Now Chet I could have done just fine with out you on this one.But since you asked.No I did not need it to be flowed at my app.But like I said befor I got my bowl in a trade type deal.And Aggressor bowls are nortorus of splitting at the start of the veins(MINE WAS ONE OF THEM)it had been fixed and grinded and looked like hell.So this is why I had Jack Flow it and put a stuffer in it all at the same time.I can not compare bowls right now but I do have a new to me G bowl that
I will do a swap and test this summer. And an Aggressor diverter to test aginst my place Diverter.Chet what kind of boat do you have all this Aggressor stuff in any way?The Pump and engine I am using in the Tahiti was in a Sidewinder befor I did all this stuff too.So to compare would be usless.Hear is all the diffrences one ,a totaly diffrent boat Tahiti is way lighter diffrent imp bowl droop rideplate,shoe.and that is just the pump.I will be building a diffrent 460 this summer so mabey one day the flowed bowl will come in handy.Good ole Jake

1tricky1
02-10-2003, 09:06 AM
Just looking for real experiences with differant bowls...but hey, if I can start a controversy...ding-ding, round 1. argue
Wasn't of aware of your history Jake, but thanks for the response. was hoping you just did a swap from a Berk to Aggressor bowl.
I wasn't aware of the notorious splitting of veins though? that doesn't sound good. :( I was also curious how the rear tail bearing holds up with silty shallow waters without a greased rear tail bearing? :confused: any other experiences out there?

Jake W
02-10-2003, 09:22 AM
Yea 1Tricky1 it is weird that you do not hear more about the veins splitting.The guys that have comfermed this to me are real reputal guys in the buisness.One a very well known pump builder. And one a Racer that said every Aggressor bowl he has used has split at the veins but he allso said he still runs them with no preformance loss.Aggressor has came out with a new bowl Duane at HTP says they picked up some MPH with the new one.I would buy a new styled one if you end up getting one.And Duane at HTP does have some for sale by the way.I think he said he has 3 out of the 11 he got in left.Jake

ChetCapoli
02-10-2003, 07:56 PM
1tricky1:
Just looking for real experiences with differant bowls...but hey, if I can start a controversy...ding-ding, round 1. argue
Heck tricky..you missed the "thrilla in minilla" bowl episode some time back starring me and my bud HB.
my boat is a rally sport jake and i have never had a problem with my bowl ever FYI, and i have run it pretty hard. I have heard of the viens splitting on raceboats with alot of HP from the pump unloading and such. I was told the other bowls would do it too though.
That's good your testing....have to prove our boy HB is right about something. :D
CHET

matt1
02-10-2003, 08:27 PM
Sorry cant pass up this the reason your bowl hasn't split yet is because your boat hasn't been off the damm trailer in years.

Jake W
02-10-2003, 08:33 PM
Taylorman sorry I got this thread off your topic.I think you got a hell of a deal on you C bronz Aggressor imp.If you decide you do not want it let me know and I will but it from you funds willing.I think you are on the right track.I bought my C alum Aggressor imp for 100 .looks like brand new.Could not pass it up.I have a Kachina project boat that I am going to build that I need a bronz B berk for.Hintz the offer to buy the C Aggressor if you do not want it.Jake

1tricky1
02-10-2003, 08:36 PM
ChetCapoli
[/qb]Heck tricky..you missed the "thrilla in minilla" bowl episode some time back starring me and my bud HB.
Damn Chet! I missed that one, What was the thread called?

ChetCapoli
02-11-2003, 07:44 AM
geez tricky, i cant recall..there's been so many..hbjet is better finding that stuff than i am so you should ask him. It's good reading for sure. I just remember being slammed for recommending a bronze impeller to one of HBjets bud's instead of stainless(the kid wanted to save some money)with his 1000hp boat. Funny how as time goes on more and more people are using the bronze with big HP...... :D
How about you with all the aggressor parts good ol jake??? What's up with that??
hey matt, are you saying something here or are you just running laps???
CHET
[ February 11, 2003, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

Taylorman
02-11-2003, 07:51 AM
Hey chet, how about posting some pictures of your boat and a little info. We have all seen HB's boat and how nice it is but have never seen yours. Post some pictures man.

RR1/001
02-11-2003, 05:44 PM
Oh My, they are talking that "Bad Word" Do you guy`s know what will happen when HBjet finds this topic? jawdrop

93eliminator
02-11-2003, 06:25 PM
hey chet :D

Jake W
02-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Chet what do you mean? Yes I have Aggressor parts.To be exact 1,9vein bowl 1,A imp 1,C imp 1,long droop 1,Aggressor diverter and I had 1 short droop but sold it.All I said befor was that on my Kachina I was going to run a Berk bowl Berk droop and Legend imp with a Aggressor Diverter.But I want a bronz so I am not sure if Legend makes one I know they make them in SS.Sources say Legend makes a great out of the box imp so it would not need any detailing.I think you are barking up the wrong tree brotha.You know it all depends on who you talk to whos stuff is the best.I have learned this, out of any manuafacture is this, you want the parts to be hard anodised if they are alum and you want the casting not to have pits or chuncks missing from a bad cast.And you want the maching to be dead balls on.Who can claime all these things are adressed on there product?Jake

ChetCapoli
02-11-2003, 09:46 PM
Jake W:
Chet what do you mean? Sources say Legend makes a great out of the box imp so it would not need any detailing.Who can claime all these things are adressed on there product?Jake I not meaning anything by it jake...i'm just impressed you have some much aggressor stuff is all. Sources...hmmmm....i can imagine what sources(shoul i say source) talk about legend. :D Every wonder why nobody else mentions legend?? I sure do.
As for addressing the issues mentioned....hard to say. All i know is if my bowl comes apart or my impeller for that matter.... i dont think i will have any problem getting another one free of charge. I would be willing to bet berk and legend would be hard pressed to do that.
Good luck on your testing jake, hopefully you have some good results. SLOWY? IS THAT YOU?? Glad your back bud!
chet

RR1/001
02-11-2003, 10:40 PM
YES Chet :D

jweeks123
02-12-2003, 01:52 AM
ChetCapoli
All i know is if my bowl comes apart or my impeller for that matter.... i dont think i will have any problem getting another one free of charge. I would be willing to bet berk and legend would be hard pressed to do that.
chet?????
chet, are you implying that berkeley doesn't have a warrantee?
jw

MAXIMUS
02-12-2003, 05:58 AM
Some food for thought... I am running an aggressor 9 vien bowl. Compared to my stock American Turbine it measures over 1" longer! I need all the leverage I can get for my whale & this helps! If any of you would like to learn about bowls & flowing just put a psi guage on the discharge side of the pump. Compare readings to rpm, speed, etc... Now for the racers there is a lot more to this, however for us lake guys since money doesn't grow on trees & were not looking for a 1/10th of sec I would recommend a more cost efficient approach. Also most of the recreational boats have a lot more issues than just impellers or bowls... Bottoms, weight distibution, hardware, water conditions etc... I have done some pretty extensive testing & until you get down the road aways, these issues are not as critical as some think! Also without a gps I would imagine that most could not tell the differance in 1 or 2 mph anyway!
P.S. sorry for the long post!

MAXIMUS
02-12-2003, 06:06 AM
.Now I have made my place diverter in to a FTN withan 3 1/8 incert and bought a custom loader from MPD.I figure with the custom loader it will load alot more water in and this taking off RPM so I have all so bought an C cut Aggressor imp to try to bring them back up.What do you guys think about this meathod of thinging.Jake [/QB][/QUOTE]
Jake what kind of boat?? With straight edge what is the dimensions of the loader vs bottom of keel? What is dimensions of shoe vs keel?? Ride plate angle to keel??
max

revndave
02-12-2003, 07:44 AM
I JUST GOT A LEGEND A/B FROM JACK TO BRING RPMS DOWN.WITH AGGRESSOR I RAN 91 AT 7000RPM.JACK SAID SHOULD RUN OVER A 100 AT 6400 TO 6600.FIRST I HAVE TO GET BLOCK REPAIRED.PIN HOLE IN 1 .

MikeF
02-12-2003, 09:48 AM
revndave:
I JUST GOT A LEGEND A/B FROM JACK TO BRING RPMS DOWN.WITH AGGRESSOR I RAN 91 AT 7000RPM.JACK SAID SHOULD RUN OVER A 100 AT 6400 TO 6600.FIRST I HAVE TO GET BLOCK REPAIRED.PIN HOLE IN 1 . Anticipation :D !

ChetCapoli
02-12-2003, 10:34 AM
9 miles an hour and 400rpms less???? I've gotta see this one for sure...make sure you post that result when you get it. Something sounds off to begin with.
Yes, jw i think aggressor has a better warranty than berkeley.
CHET

MAXIMUS
02-12-2003, 12:51 PM
revndave:
I JUST GOT A LEGEND A/B FROM JACK TO BRING RPMS DOWN.WITH AGGRESSOR I RAN 91 AT 7000RPM.JACK SAID SHOULD RUN OVER A 100 AT 6400 TO 6600.FIRST I HAVE TO GET BLOCK REPAIRED.PIN HOLE IN 1 . Way to go dave. I hope it works out for you. Jack is a big help!!!! I am running his "a" at anywhere from 6000 to 6300 depending on weather conditions & it works very well. Good drivability etc... Let me know how it goes!

HBjet
02-12-2003, 01:32 PM
Eating Popcorn! Enjoying the thread!

Taylorman
02-12-2003, 02:31 PM
Hey HB, what kind of pump and parts are you running? Ive never seen you boat on the trailer or pictures of the pump. How about posting some. Come to think of it, ive never seen Chets boat either. Does he even have a boat?

HBjet
02-12-2003, 03:24 PM
Taylorman:
Hey HB, what kind of pump and parts are you running? Ive never seen you boat on the trailer or pictures of the pump. How about posting some. Come to think of it, ive never seen Chets boat either. Does he even have a boat? As of right now, I don't have a complete pump. What I had was a Berk JC with a little detail from MPD and a Legend Impeller "B" detailed also by MPD. I also have a manual PlaceD. and a ride plate. Right now my pump is at MPD and the JC bowl is already converted to a JG and I'm adding a Droop as well as a Cav. Reducer which will also be detailed!
Here is my pump 2 years ago when the water went down and we where all to busy drinking so we (I) forgot to let the boat out.
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/DSCN2561.JPG
HBjet

RR1/001
02-12-2003, 03:26 PM
HBjet pass the Popcorn please.

HBjet
02-12-2003, 03:27 PM
Here's Chet's lovely speed demon!
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/boat112.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/boat26.JPG
HBjet
[ February 12, 2003, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

cyclone
02-12-2003, 03:56 PM
those are some gigantic strakes ya got running to the edge of the boat there Chet. How does she run?

Jake W
02-12-2003, 06:11 PM
Maximus the boat I have is a 77 bubbledeck Tahiti 18 feet the bottom is real smiler to a Rogers bubbledeck.The strakes stop just past the helm and the very inside bottom two stop befor the intake.On my Kachina they go past the intake(the two in the center.What kind of loader ? It is ramped up to the top of the imp open center?All the demintions you asked for I have no clue.I guess when I said custom I should have said an open top loader from MPD.Jack said it is the one that workes better in smooth water.So I am asuming there are two like this MPD makes and one workes better in rough water.And Chet it was Jack that told me that there is not much you can do to clean up a Legend imp and I am pretty sure he would know more on the subject than you ,unless you detail bowls and impellers for race boats like he does.HBjet can you post some pics of the C to split bowl conversion when you get it back since that is the better flowing bowl I would like to see how long it ends up being.Jake

Taylorman
02-12-2003, 07:58 PM
MY MY, Mr. Capoli doen't have much to say when he is in the hotseat does he. Still waiting on those pictures.

MikeF
02-12-2003, 08:17 PM
ChetCapoli:
Something sounds off to begin with. CHET I agree CC! wink

ChetCapoli
02-12-2003, 08:39 PM
Leave it to Hb to lite a fire under my ass...gotta find me a couple more pics. argue I wonder if that graemlin right there is specifically for us HB. What do ya think?
Not sure if the strakes need to be less angled there cyclone...she runs on rails at 87 but i need to get that nose up...rides too flat. Contary to that "bottom guru" hbjet assumption of an unstable ride.
Looks like a little more is done to that rocket of yours HB....maybe catch me(and slowy) now?? Should have bought the inducer thats billet and forget paying extra for detail that is already done. wink
CHET
CHET

RR1/001
02-12-2003, 10:45 PM
ChetCapoli:
maybe catch me(and slowy) now?? wink
CHET
CHET Chet he`ll never catch up with me!

jweeks123
02-13-2003, 12:46 AM
ChetCapoli:
Yes, jw i think aggressor has a better warranty than berkeley.
CHET ok. this is a little clearer than what you said about berk or legend not replacing a broken part.
there seems to be a certain passion in your praise/defense of your favorite jet parts, chet. almost more than one would expect from a paying customer. maybe more like what would be expected from someone in the business of selling the parts. are you truely who you claim to be, or are you promoting a business coneection?
on the other hand, a news item from years ago comes to mind. when the floundering Harley Davidson company was purchased by the current owners, a newsperson asked the new president why he thought they would succeed. the pres replied, how can you not suceed when your customers tatoo the name of your product on their bodies!
chet, can you post some pics of yur tatoos!
:)
jw

revndave
02-13-2003, 07:24 AM
MAXIMUS
TRYING TO GET MOTOR BACK TOGETHER.(PIN HOLE IN 1).
WANT TO SEE WANT NEW IMPELLER DOES.ALSO WE GOT TO MEET UP AT BBSP IN APRIL FOR INJECTION CLINIC.SEE YA

HBjet
02-13-2003, 08:09 AM
jweeks123:
chet, can you post some pics of yur tatoos!Now that's funny!

ChetCapoli
02-13-2003, 12:32 PM
jweeks123:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChetCapoli:
there seems to be a certain passion in your praise/defense of your favorite jet parts, chet.
jw Well jw, being that i build modified big/small block race motors as a part time thing....you would/should have an understanding of what parts give you the "best bang for the buck" dont you think?? Unless your made of $$$ that crosses your mind I'm sure. My boat runs 87mph at 5500rpms on an aluminum impeller without any problems...being i'm not done tuning it..i'd say it's pretty good and should go faster. Let me know how many others are doing that will ya?? When i try another impeller/bowl combo and it works better than what i have then i'll get on another bandwagon.... Until then... They work well out of the box and they are the best priced parts i found. I dont know if you noticed, price IS a big issue to alot of people who run jets or anything for that matter....or should i say outside of SCal. Funny... you would think that statement of yours better suits our boy HBjet. His mention of legend/berk/mpd out does my mention of brand X about 20 to 1. His passion goes above and beyond anything i've ever seen.
FYI, I dont see a rep from berk/legend on here helping out or willing to talk/call him on his dime here do you?? Dont know about you but where i come from that is pretty commendable! Maybe thats where my passion comes from. Do you know anyone who uses/recommends legend besides hbjets man??? I sure don't. If you remember gary snow of performance marine saying in a recent thread " i've never tried legend stuff but if legend sends me some parts..i'll try em"..another words if they are FREE i give em a shot...interesting considering he is in the biz and races dont you??? Usually racers are all over the hottest products right? Hbjet just might as well tell him to retire too cuz he's missin the boat in his mind. :D
Now about the tats....when HBjet shows a picture of that wax figure of MPD he has in his room, i'll show all my tatoo's k??? :D THAT WILL BE FUNNY I"M SURE! Lmao!!
CHET
[ February 13, 2003, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

HBjet
02-13-2003, 12:36 PM
ChetCapoli:
Should have bought the inducer thats billet and forget paying extra for detail that is already done.Tell me more about the Billet Inducer Chet. Who sells them? How much are they? And exactly how much better are they over a Detailed DPS? Thanks!
HBjet

HBjet
02-13-2003, 12:39 PM
ChetCapoli:
another words if they are FREE i give em a shot...Or in other words.....if there less expensive, I'll give them a shot first...
HBjet

HBjet
02-13-2003, 01:20 PM
ChetCapoli:
When i try another impeller/bowl combo and it works better than what i have then i'll get on another bandwagon.... Until then... They work well out of the box and they are the best priced parts i found.Exactly! Never tried anything else and everything else was too expensive when you went looking. PRICE was the only reason for choosing Brand X. Now that you decided to go with them, you jump on the bandwagon yelling they are the best......and muffle Best Bang for the Buck! Chet, you only know one brand, and you haven't been told by a professional pump builder that the brand your running is the best for your boat. You just take the comments of what Drag Racers say when it works great on there boat.....which is a totally different boat/motor combo then what you have. Give up boy!
I didn't even have to get into this one and people where already noticing your all alone in your thinking!
BTW, where are the updated photos? You've promised everyone here you would post some. I know you have them.....what's wrong?
HBjet

MAXIMUS
02-13-2003, 02:01 PM
revndave:
MAXIMUS
TRYING TO GET MOTOR BACK TOGETHER.(PIN HOLE IN 1).
WANT TO SEE WANT NEW IMPELLER DOES.ALSO WE GOT TO MEET UP AT BBSP IN APRIL FOR INJECTION CLINIC.SEE YA I'm sorry to hear about your engine... Not sure if BBSP will be in my plans this year??? I have a new baby on the way (due in july) :) :) :) so we will se how mrs maximus is doing with her "monster" sydrome??? frown

Taylorman
02-13-2003, 02:03 PM
QUOTE]Give up boy!
[/QB][/QUOTE]
Stong words!!

HBjet
02-13-2003, 05:51 PM
ChetCapoli:
Should have bought the inducer thats billet and forget paying extra for detail that is already done. Chet, are talking about one of these Billet Inducers?
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/2BladeInducer.JPG
HBjet

Johnwithjm
02-13-2003, 06:00 PM
HBjet:
ChetCapoli:
Should have bought the inducer thats billet and forget paying extra for detail that is already done. Chet, are talking about one of these Billet Inducers?
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/2BladeInducer.JPG
HBjet Is that the new two blade Aggressor Inducer?

Jordy
02-13-2003, 06:08 PM
Hey, that's some custom work. I didn't think you could just buy them like that... :D :D :D

cyclone
02-13-2003, 06:18 PM
ooh i need one of those trick items!

Mohavekid
02-13-2003, 06:41 PM
Ouch!
What happened to that? :confused:

ChetCapoli
02-13-2003, 09:09 PM
HBjet:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChetCapoli:
[qb] You just take the comments of what Drag Racers say when it works great on there boat.....which is a totally different boat/motor combo then what you have. Give up boy!
HBjet Isnt that what you do HB??? Take comments of drag racers?? What's different about my setup as opposed to guys who race aside from my aluminum impeller??? You better get some glasses. There's guys out there that will run just about anything to get that quarter mile feeling and you know it. I've seen pics to prove my point.
GIVE UP??? Give up what?? Like i told you before, there MUST be enough aggressor parts in your mans shop that "supposedly" do not work to try on yours for FREE...so what's stoppin ya??? The best way to shut me up dont ya think?? If i had that outlet like you do i'd be all over it. You make me laugh.
CHET

ChetCapoli
02-13-2003, 09:17 PM
HBjet:
[QUOTE]Chet, are talking about one of these Billet Inducers?
HBjet Yes that looks like it. It's the precision jetdrive one. Mine doesnt look like that so what's your point besides BS??? What nitrous/blown boat did that come out of smartass???
Hey john@jm, i missed your point too, care to explain??
CHET

Johnwithjm
02-13-2003, 09:31 PM
ChetCapoli:
HBjet:
HBjet Yes that looks like it. It's the precision jetdrive one. Mine doesnt look like that so what's your point besides BS??? What nitrous/blown boat did that come out of smartass???
Hey john@jm, i missed your point too, care to explain??
CHET Well Chet since you asked I was running bronze inpeller key word is was. It was not even close to the stainless Berk I am running now. I have had nothing but problems with my pump you know what kind it is. Like the front bearing went bad in a little over a year and yes it was lubed. Should I go on?

93eliminator
02-13-2003, 10:01 PM
got to make a popcorn and beer refill run :D
the solution to the argument go v drive or i/o argue and look back.

Johnwithjm
02-13-2003, 10:05 PM
93eliminator:
got to make a popcorn and beer refill run :D
the solution to the argument go v drive or i/o argue and look back. Thanks but no thanks :D

Jordy
02-13-2003, 10:06 PM
Pay no attention to that traitor... I/O or v-drive. :confused: maybe as a second boat. :D

DogHouse
02-13-2003, 10:12 PM
HBjet:
Chet, are talking about one of these Billet Inducers?
HBjet http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/lachen/lachen014.gif

andy01
02-14-2003, 07:08 AM
ChetCapoli:
HBjet:
HBjet Mine doesnt look like that CHET YET! Man Chet every time you bring up a part it gets hammered! I think I would start using good parts on your clunker and maybe then just maybe HBjet would stop ****ing you up so bad. I have to had to ya ole HB you pulled a hat trick this time!
Remember Chet Bronze is for baby shoes and billet inducers are for paper weights.
Andy

miller19j
02-14-2003, 08:25 AM
Can someone please pass the popcornÂ….. :D

cyclone
02-14-2003, 09:02 AM
and some skittles......

RR1/001
02-14-2003, 12:00 PM
I need more popcorn my self...
What a bunch of sissy`s!
Damn I spilt my beer frown
[ February 14, 2003, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: RR1/001 ]

HBjet
02-14-2003, 01:12 PM
Chet, you just can't make up your mind.
A long time ago, you told me why don't I send my pump work to Don's Pump Service or Duane at HTP. You said these guys are great because they have "Invented" improvements for the jet like Don's Inducer. You said Don is so great for inventing the inducer (even though the concept has been in use for water pumps a long time ago) but now your telling me I should not use Don's CAST inducer and I should buy a billet one.
WTF Chet?
I think no matter what it is, your just going to have a problem if it's comming out of MPD. I swear, If I was to have MPD detail an Aggressor bowl for me, you would come back saying some shit like...."Why not buy one directly from Aggressor and save 3 bucks having them detail it for you?"
Your too much Chet!
BTW, where are the updated photos? I've asked you as well as many other people. You sure can talk alot about everyone's boat and setup but sure can't nut up and post some photos of your own! I have to do it for you Chet.
So post some pics!
HBjet
[ February 14, 2003, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

Duke
02-14-2003, 02:08 PM
popcorn? where? pass it this way!
and chet, we're all waiting on those pics man

Dog
02-14-2003, 02:40 PM
Shouldn't this be in mindless dribble area or fights at the sand bar ... maybe they would print this in hot boat that would be good ... as the impeller spins

cyclone
02-14-2003, 03:13 PM
no argument here. we all just want to see pics of Chet's hot boat.

ChetCapoli
02-15-2003, 09:18 AM
revndave:
THATS MY OLD IMPELLER.I TURNED IT AT 7000RPM WITH INDUCER.IT TOOK 1013HP TO DO IT.INDUCER WILL HELP IT LEAVE.GOOD LUCK. WEll well well...if it isnt RacingRascal or should i say APPP??(another papered up primadonna turned propboy) Where ya been?? Couldn't figure out that overpriced jet you bought eh?? Must be nice to just go out, blow $25K and then spend another hmmm... $100k on that propboat??? Is That right?? MUST BE NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How about you coming on here busting my balls defending your buddy HB...make me LAUGH!! What do you know aside from "baby" powdering your A$$hole??? Care to explain the "baby shoes" comment with that 7000rpm/1013hp quote i just posted?? Guess i was right on your thread along time ago recommending the bronze after all, so just keep talkin! :D
How would you know anything about good and bad parts anyways?? Have you ever tried anything to test?? Last i knew you spent $50 grand on a boat that never ran right from the start. WOW is all i can say..then again it's really not your money, you just make the payment. :D Can you say prettyboy primadonna???
Before you go busting balls about what i use for parts better make sure they broke on me first k?? ALUMINUM impeller and the BILLET inducer SO FAR SO GOOD with 700hp!! If those parts break so much, why havent they broken on me??? jawdrop I'M LISTENING.
BTW, HB what kinda boat did that broken inducer come out of?? I'm waiting. It took alot of HP or some mishap to do that and you know it. As far as DPS, your snowballing again.... i said he is on the same level as your man and should be considered for pump work. After a little research i discovered he didnt invent the inducer but is savvy enough to market something unique...but you already knew that so i'll stop there. Just so happens precision markets the same thing except "out of the box" it's perfect. We know how you are about perfection "out of the box" so what's your problem?? Why didn't you use it?? Again, I'M LISTENING. I just think you like spending your money..especially on stuff that doesn't make a difference in "your non dragrace application".
How about the deep pockets on your boy andy eh??? You have some rich freinds hb..god bless ya!
CHET
[ February 15, 2003, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

RR1/001
02-15-2003, 11:51 AM
Just like the old time`s wink Man I missed this old web site :) http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/threadrocks.JPG

Hustler
02-15-2003, 07:05 PM
ChetCapoli:
revndave:
THATS MY OLD IMPELLER.I TURNED IT AT 7000RPM WITH INDUCER.IT TOOK 1013HP TO DO IT.INDUCER WILL HELP IT LEAVE.GOOD LUCK. WEll well well...if it isnt RacingRascal or should i say APPP??(another papered up primadonna turned propboy) Where ya been?? Couldn't figure out that overpriced jet you bought eh?? Must be nice to just go out, blow $25K and then spend another hmmm... $100k on that propboat??? Is That right?? MUST BE NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How about you coming on here busting my balls defending your buddy HB...make me LAUGH!! What do you know aside from "baby" powdering your A$$hole??? Care to explain the "baby shoes" comment with that 7000rpm/1013hp quote i just posted?? Guess i was right on your thread along time ago recommending the bronze after all, so just keep talkin! :D
How would you know anything about good and bad parts anyways?? Have you ever tried anything to test?? Last i knew you spent $50 grand on a boat that never ran right from the start. WOW is all i can say..then again it's really not your money, you just make the payment. :D Can you say prettyboy primadonna???
Before you go busting balls about what i use for parts better make sure they broke on me first k?? ALUMINUM impeller and the BILLET inducer SO FAR SO GOOD with 700hp!! If those parts break so much, why havent they broken on me??? jawdrop I'M LISTENING.
BTW, HB what kinda boat did that broken inducer come out of?? I'm waiting. It took alot of HP or some mishap to do that and you know it. As far as DPS, your snowballing again.... i said he is on the same level as your man and should be considered for pump work. After a little research i discovered he didnt invent the inducer but is savvy enough to market something unique...but you already knew that so i'll stop there. Just so happens precision markets the same thing except "out of the box" it's perfect. We know how you are about perfection "out of the box" so what's your problem?? Why didn't you use it?? Again, I'M LISTENING. I just think you like spending your money..especially on stuff that doesn't make a difference in "your non dragrace application".
How about the deep pockets on your boy andy eh??? You have some rich freinds hb..god bless ya!
CHET Again Chet you are so far off it's not even funny. Why dont you take your mindless dribble and see if you cant find a homeless guy that will listen you. Or step up to the plate with some pic's.
What a loser

cyclone
02-15-2003, 09:09 PM
lol @RR1...yes i think its about time we saw some new pics of your boat chet.

andy01
02-15-2003, 11:49 PM
ChetCapoli:
revndave:
CHET Sticks and stones will brake my bones but your boat will never spank mine.
Andy

HBjet
02-16-2003, 01:16 AM
http://home.socal.rr.com/boatbutts/c001.jpg
[ February 16, 2003, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

HBjet
02-16-2003, 01:17 AM
http://home.socal.rr.com/boatbutts/c002.jpg

HBjet
02-16-2003, 01:18 AM
http://home.socal.rr.com/boatbutts/c003.jpg

ChetCapoli
02-16-2003, 07:24 AM
Hustler:
[QUOTE]Again Chet you are so far off it's not even funny. Ok hustler...if you must get involved, explain it to me?? I gather this is a reliablity issue with these parts. This is why HB and his buds(like you?) constantly bring this up. Well, i havent had any problems with a pretty good amount of power...so what gives??
I'll say it again HB, what kind of boat did that broken inducer come out of?? Did it suck up a rock....did it destroy the rest of the pump...did it get warrentied.....???? WHAT IS THE DEAL????
Can everyone quit quoting all the time to make this thread so long...PLEASE!
CHET
P.S. Hey thick-in-the-pockets andy(mind i call you that? :D ) Yeap...you can beat me....and should...beat...me and most anyone....WITH THAT KIND OF MONEY INVESTED. GOD BLESS YA!! What's 25 here or there(THOUSAND THAT IS) right? LMAO!!! BTW, what happened to that $50grand rocket you had...have???? Did you plant flowers in it in your yard or something? I bet you work for the VASALENE company dont ya??? :p
[ February 16, 2003, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

andy01
02-16-2003, 11:08 AM
Chet I like the planter idea, never thought of that! Sold it to a gentelman right when I ordered my DCB. He was very happy with the first couple of runs...................
Andy

Jake W
02-16-2003, 06:43 PM
Not to make any one mad but Aggressor does not make their own inducer it is bought then sold through them.I am pretty sure.Persision something or other makes them.I could be wrong I have been wrong befor.Another thing that some people do not under stand is that Aggressors suction peace is wider and can let more water in so I understand.I am not trying to defend Aggressor just trying to give some info.Like I said befor it is all about who you ask.And some ones B might not bee some ones elses B.Tell you one thing I have seen is for one Aggressor Droop look very nice and others look like shit.Expline that Dave?Jake

HBjet
02-17-2003, 03:13 PM
Chet, do you need some help posting the photos? Let me know and I'll get them up here for you.
HBjet

HammerDown
02-17-2003, 04:47 PM
HBJet...your a pisser...and your Bow ornaments get a big thumbs up!