PDA

View Full Version : Molding???

fire on the water
09-03-2003, 11:03 PM
A few rivets have popped out on both sides of the boat, where the curvature of the bow makes a transition into a straight shot. I don't have access from inside the boat to work on that particular area. Anyone have any suggestions?

DOHARA
09-04-2003, 03:25 AM
Is it the aluminum molding with rubber insert? If so you need to pull rubber insert out to gain access to the rivets that are under the rubber. replace rivets, and use soap to get rubber back in the channel. Hope this helps.
dano

fire on the water
09-04-2003, 12:47 PM
Yeah its the alum. stuff w/rubber insert. But the problem is that I have previously done this (the same way you suggested, but w/o the soap idea, I will try that). Would the easiest/best thing to do be to sink rivets in new places next to the old ones? I had previously reriveted the existing holes, but that only lasted two or three trips.Thx.

HalletDave
09-04-2003, 12:54 PM
Would the easiest/best thing to do be to sink rivets in new places next to the old ones? I would say yes to that.
Or you could fill the old holes with cavasill (not sure of the spelling) or some other strong bonding agent and re-drill and then blind pop rivet again.
Good luck
HD

fire on the water
09-04-2003, 01:05 PM
Thanks guys :)