PDA

View Full Version : PISSED

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
04-30-2003, 06:17 PM
Well, it is Wednesday and I dropped off a part Saturday that was to be done by Tuesday at the latest and still no part. We are leaving Thursday night to go to Needles for the v-drive bash, but the part is not made and no one called my ASS to say, "Hey we are booked ... we will not have the part ready on time." No call at all. So, we call today, but he is out on a test drive, so we call back later and he is unavailable. NO CALL BACK :mad: burningm I left 3 #'s to get ahold of me by.
Now granted, I am not buying a 1,000,000 boat or a 45,000 motor. All I am trying to do is get my boat to the river.
This is not a small shop. It has a reputable name/owner. I always thought the boating community was a close knit one where we try to help each other. All I wanted was a call.
He has my parts so I could not go to another shop. If my needs are too small, just say so.
Sorry ... I just needed to vent after working 60 hours a week and driving 150 miles a day, I have little patients left.

126driver
04-30-2003, 06:24 PM
CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE:
I have little patients left. You're a doctor for midgets? wink :D
Sorry. :rolleyes:

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
04-30-2003, 06:32 PM
wink Man some guyz :D Thanks i needed that.

BrendellaJet
04-30-2003, 07:07 PM
Let the flaming begin. That was very poor service. I can understand being busy and having to ask for a few more days, but a phone call is in order. If it were me, I would flame the guy.

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
04-30-2003, 08:12 PM
Well tomarrow after work i am going down there to see whats going on. I just want my parts so i can go to the RIVER. :D

wsuwrhr
04-30-2003, 09:25 PM
My week is going about as shitty. Every day something else ****ed up happens, to top it off my ****ing dog is gone.
Is this about the driveline cover?
Brian

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
04-30-2003, 09:52 PM
yes, that damb thing, The whole week i have been batting 1000. Went to cut in a crank case vac and broke 2 20 dallar drill bits. Had to have it drilled today so i could get them welded at work tomarrow.I got it but man everything is going aginst me. Sorry about the dog. Hopefully i will see you all at the v drive bash, or i will bash my v drive if i dont make it. :mad:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-30-2003, 11:26 PM
Hey guys, I will join you on this.Talk about problems. My ****in' oil problem having olds just spun bearings :mad: I totall feel where you guys are comming from. I am trying to make it to op6. I will be there but I know I wont have a nice room to sleep in :mad: It looks like mesquito bites for 3 days :mad: :mad: I think we need to rename this thread and call it Shitty days post wink
396_Ways_To_Be_Pissed_Off!

propless
05-01-2003, 04:28 PM
Have not had a bad day or week thus far, but anytime a vendor puts the screws to you, screw them back - you are the customer and your are the one that makes or breaks them in the end. To be silent screws the rest of us - flame him. No better yet, torch the Bastard to hell on this sight so others do not get burnt (make sure you have fact's straight or that torch will get reversed).
propless

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
05-01-2003, 09:25 PM
propless ... I hear what you are saying. I went down and picked up my parts today. His shop was packed. I'm happy with my parts ... they did nice work, a little pricey though. He was very helpful, too. All in all, I just wanted a phone call to let me know what was going on. But, I guess if you are a writer of a magazine column, on TV, and running your own shop you don't have time to call someone about a sixty dollar part. wink