PDA

View Full Version : Bottom's Up

Jetty 468
07-20-2002, 11:29 AM
Maybe subject will get me some info. Still need some help if you can ? 75 Tahiti BBC 468 Berk. 12jc w/ a A impeller. Motor is new and pump is rebuilt ! Boat ran 4200 rpm @ a scary 54 mph ! Not good so I made cam change and Impeller change and picked up 700 rpm with NO gain in mph. Ordered TT Headers this week to get far away from log's I have now . My big question here is this boat has a 1/4" hook in it which look's like it travel's up pretty far forward ! IS this why no gain in mph ? Going to have bottom done soon and KNOW i will gain some but I need ALOT ! If someone know's about this any guess on what you think I will Gain With Headers and bottom fixed ??????

Moomawnster
07-21-2002, 02:11 AM
Sounds to me like you need to free up the hull more....I have a Tahiti with 350 small block and I get 55mph @3700rpm .....Get a place diverter if you don't already have one or a droop snoot just get the hull up out of the water ! more power won't help if you are dragging the whole bottom !..... eek!

BBTAHITI
07-21-2002, 06:20 AM
I have an 18' Tahiti with a 460BBF and berk jc. I agree with Moomwnster, you HAVE to get a diverter (I have a Place). If it takes you a long time to come on plane (takes me about 3 seconds), then that proves it. Take the $$$ you've been throwing at it for HP, and get the diverter.

Moomawnster
07-21-2002, 07:46 AM
I like the avatar BBTahiti! If I ever get the forum to work I might steal it ! j/k eek! Now I AM going skiing ......