PDA

View Full Version : NJBA UpDate/Crash

MikeC
09-07-2002, 12:27 PM
I just got a call from Ming, unfortunatly there has been a Jet Boat crashed. He was haulen and just crossed the lights then suddenly blew over. He was conscius and in good spirits on his way to hospital for check over. Lets wish him and his family best wishes! It wasn't a CP nor a Eliminator.....
MikeC
Names with-held for insurance purposes.......

Kurtis500
09-07-2002, 12:48 PM
It was Frank Nagore in the BGJ Blue Thunder.

Heatseeker
09-07-2002, 03:14 PM
I hope he is O.K.
[ September 07, 2002, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Heatseeker ]

565edge
09-07-2002, 10:49 PM
Kurtis500:
It was Frank Nagore in the BGJ Blue Thunder.DO any of you now the status,was it nagore?is he ok?He is one of the best!MY prayers are with him.Sounds like maybe he made a full pass,do you know the speed and e.t.?I know that he would blow the pop off to slow boat down because of unsafe conditions at the last race at ming. frown

HBjet
09-07-2002, 11:34 PM
Last heard update was he had a few broken ribs and another bone that I can not pronounce. It was rumored that he had a problem with his lungs, but they are ok, and he is just in a lot of pain, and was going to be in the hospital overnight.
From what I heard, the boat was just lifting and lifting and then went over at the lights. The boat is trashed. The transom and right side are all broken. Hack Job and Flat Broke took some photos, I'm sure they will post them. If you see the boat, you would think no one would survive the crash. The boat is a total loss.
Other then that, the day was pretty nice. A lot of fast Flats and jets. Saw a few TFH's and TAH's run. Too bad no one made a full pass down the track without letting off.
HBjet
[ September 08, 2002, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

565edge
09-08-2002, 12:05 AM
Thank you.

hack job
09-08-2002, 09:16 AM
when we left at like 6 last night they had said that he had some broken ribs and a bruised kiddney, and that he was in pain but he was going to be ok. all of our prayers go out to things like this . lets pray form a speedy recovery!

flat broke
09-08-2002, 10:18 AM
I'm heading out to pick up my film and cds so I should have some photo's of the boat. Like everyone else that was there yesterday, I'm just glad to hear he's going to be okay.
Chris

Miss BK
09-08-2002, 08:33 PM
This came from the AP wire:
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (AP) … A 47-year-old drag boat racer died Sunday when his vessel became airborne and flipped during a National Jet Boat Association race on Lake Ming.
Dale Wesley Anderson of Newport Beach died shortly before 11 a.m. at the Kern Medical Center, the Kern County coroneräs office said in a news release.
Anderson, who was wearing a helmet, sustained multiple internal injuries, the release said.
A message left for National Jet Boat Association board member Don Jones was not immediately returned.

HBjet
09-08-2002, 10:27 PM
:( :( :( :( :( :(
This is terrible!
I can't believe this. I've known Dale for a almost a year now and I even talk to him yesterday. He was happy to be in the new boat, and they were doing half track passes to get used to the boat. I still can't believe this. I even helped him get out of his boat yesterday.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
HBjet frown

565edge
09-08-2002, 10:33 PM
This is very sad,i just read about it in the bakersfield californian,his family will be in my prayers.

flat broke
09-08-2002, 10:53 PM
This is extremely sad news. I have watched the Anderson CP run numerous times and have always been impressed with it's consistency. I was happy to hear that Dale was taking over the Biz, as it would surely be in great hands. I'm sorry to hear of his passing and will keep Brett and his family in our prayers. If there is anything we can do to help out, please don't hesitate to ask.
Chris and Em

Miss BK
09-08-2002, 11:39 PM
I am so sorry.
My prayers are going to his family.
:( frown

PipesClean
09-09-2002, 09:50 AM
I'm very saddened to hear about this. Was this the driver of Blue Thunder, or was this a different boat?

MikeC
09-09-2002, 10:35 AM
FYI
Frank was the driver of "Blue Thunder",
Dale was driving "Risky Business"
MikeC

hack job
09-09-2002, 10:41 AM
this is extremly bad news, iam very sad to hear that this happened . and the familys should know that the prayers of all of us go out to them! frown

pops1
09-09-2002, 10:43 AM
565edge:
Kurtis500
[qb]It was Frank Nagore in the BGJ Blue Thunder.DO any of you now the status,was it nagore?is he ok?He is one of the best!MY prayers are with him.QB]Frank has busted ribs- He is Frank- Mad as heck & honery- his run was 7.60- and it was pulling hard. There was a good wind that came up straight down the lake- We all wish Frank a quick recovery. "Frank is tough"
"Our prayers go out to the Family of
Dale Anderson and his crew".

PipesClean
09-09-2002, 11:52 AM
Thanks Mike,
I'm glad to hear Frank will be alright!

Bense468
09-09-2002, 01:14 PM
I talked to Dale and Bret about 15 minutes before it happened yesterday. It is very sad. The boat was thrashed almost as bad as Nagore's boat but the motor stayed in the stringers. He was pronounced dead on the way to the hospital because he was in bad shape while still at ming. I feel for the family. He was a very nice guy.

Bense468
09-09-2002, 01:16 PM
Randy they were performing half track passes trying to get it dialed in. It was a new motor and they had performed some changes. He said it was real loose and wild.

HBjet
09-10-2002, 04:42 PM
Update on Frank. According to one of his friends who spoke with the family, He punctured his lung, broke 3 ribs and broke some other bone. He should be released in about 3 days.
This information was given to me as of 9/9/02
HBjet
[ September 10, 2002, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

Jetboatguru
09-10-2002, 06:26 PM
I believe the official broken rib count was 9. That is a tough dude.

Costello
09-10-2002, 09:59 PM
Tough Dude = Big Hat. Get well soon Frank! I'm very saddened to hear about Dale in The Biz. frown

rmclague
09-11-2002, 08:36 AM
Did both of the accidents happen at the same race?
What were the water conditions like?
I can,t belive two terrible accidents in a row that is horrible. I guess we should all count our blessings.

HBjet
09-11-2002, 12:11 PM
The first accident was on Saturday around 10-10:30am in the morning. Very little wind if any. The water was glassy. The second accident was on Sunday, and I believe around the same time. I wasn't at the lake Sunday, but I've heard the water conditions were fine. Both boats were 19' tunnel hulls, an Edge and a Daytona.
HBjet

Bense468
09-11-2002, 02:35 PM
There was a little head wind on both from what I understand. I was there sunday and saw it, but people were telling me that there was a little head wind on sat coming down the track also. In those boats you can plant the ass end and fly high in the bow, or you can bring up the ass end up a little so it is not so stuck and ride the bow a little lower to achieve some speeds. It is all in the ride plate. I think they both flew the bow a little to high. This is just my opinion and I am not a racer.
I was not there on Sat when Frank blew over but I was told the boat got real high in the air. His shoot deployed and he went in feet first without the boat hitting him. I was told by harold bruce that they went to visit him on Sat night and he had 9 broken ribs. Not 3

24ROD
09-11-2002, 05:54 PM
:( :( Our best wishes to the family of Dale. We are sorry for your loss.
-Carlos frown