View Full Version : varnish in gas tank

sleekcraft76
09-08-2002, 05:57 PM
I need help!!! The first time I put the rebel on the water, after rebuild. I was getting alot of brown crystal varnish clogging the fuel filter, and dropping fuel pressure. Anybody have any idea how to get this out, without pulling the tanks out. Seems like the more I ran it, more and more varnish breaks free in the tank. :D

matt1
09-08-2002, 07:05 PM
Thats a good ? I just purchased a '83 Taylor SJ that is doing the same thing.Someone told me that it is water in the tank, that is causing it to corode.

Hotcrusader76
09-08-2002, 07:32 PM
sleekcraft76:
I need help!!! The first time I put the rebel on the water, after rebuild. I was getting alot of brown crystal varnish clogging the fuel filter, and dropping fuel pressure. Anybody have any idea how to get this out, without pulling the tanks out. Seems like the more I ran it, more and more varnish breaks free in the tank. :D Also consider pulling the fuel bowls on that carb to see how bad it is in there as well. Ensure that nothing got past that filter and clogged up your jet/s.
-Ty

Havasu Hangin'
09-08-2002, 07:55 PM
If it is varnish, you might try some Sta-bil to break it up...if it's water in there, try Iso Heat to disolve it...
For storage, I use both those and some octane booster...

Rickster
09-08-2002, 09:02 PM
Try B/G's 44K, incredible and it cleans!!! It will desolve particles and pass them on thru. Their tests even proved that 44K will even clean out the cataletic converters! If you can't locate some then e-mail me and I'll find you a dealer who will sell you a can at a discount to try it!

Rickster
09-08-2002, 09:43 PM
I couldn't locate my last can of 44k but I found another website that sells BG Products www.rynoproducts.com (http://www.rynoproducts.com)

Rickster
09-08-2002, 09:54 PM
I'm sleepy.....can't sleep so I just keep screwing up (Oh thats what I need to do...DAH!) 44K is on www.bgproducts.com (http://www.bgproducts.com) I found it on Google Thanks Google! GOOD NIGHT!