PDA

View Full Version : When or why did Place change their Nozzle size?

beached1
09-22-2002, 08:47 PM
Now that I have two boats in my driveway (hopefully not for long) I noticed that the nozzle is much smaller on my Spectra than on my Omega. When I ordered a Place Div for my Omega, I was told by them that they are all the same. They simply just sell an adapter for the Jacuzzi, but that's it. I can stick my hand down the nozzle of the one on my Jacuzzi but I can't on my Berkeley. What gives?
[ September 22, 2002, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: beached1 ]

rivercrazy
09-22-2002, 08:52 PM
Hmmmm. I thought they all came with the 3.125" nozzle. The one I have is the FTN Nozzle so you can change the nozzle size with inserts. I bet you could have the Spectra's nozzle machined to accept the nozzle inserts. Bigger nozzle better out of the hole. Especially with bigger & heavier boats

SPECTRABRENT
09-23-2002, 06:07 PM
Garrit,
How do you like your Spectra?
Did you get to run it over the weekend?
Brent

Heatseeker
09-23-2002, 07:57 PM
I have two boats in my driveway too, Hopefully, for a long time :D . They both have Place diverters. One has a smaller ID nozzle(I've yet to measure it) and the Berkeley style reverse port. The other has the 3.125 ID and the "built in ride plate design" found on the current Place offerings. I'm know that the smaller one is an older diverter. I know the newer one was bought in '96, so they must've changed it before then.
[ September 23, 2002, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: Heatseeker ]

RandyH
09-23-2002, 08:01 PM
How do you change the nozzles easily. I have the different sizes but can't seem to get the current one out. I tried cooling it down and sticking my whole fist in so that I was pulling evenly. All I get is a slight gritty movement. Whats the trick. I have the bolt almost out too.
Thanks
Randy

beached1
09-23-2002, 09:39 PM
SPECTRABRENT:
Garrit,
How do you like your Spectra?
Did you get to run it over the weekend?
BrentTaking it out to the Polio Pond thurs for a run b4 I head out to the river for the weekend. I'll let you know. Sorry we missed ya sat. I was hoping I would get to meet you and snake some spectra stickers from you when you weren't looking.
wink
http://www.beached1.homestead.com/files/Spectra2.jpg
http://www.beached1.homestead.com/files/Spectra1.jpg
[ September 23, 2002, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: beached1 ]

spectras only
09-23-2002, 09:55 PM
Nice rig beached ! Love your truck.All you need now is a vintage bike on that flatdeck and you're all set :D .

superdave013
09-23-2002, 10:21 PM
spectras only:
Nice rig beached ! Love your truck.All you need now is a vintage bike on that flatdeck and you're all set :D .Ditto on both. Very Very nice!!

flat broke
09-24-2002, 07:10 AM
I have to agree with both guys the boat and truck look great. If you ever want to swap to aluminum swimsteps instead of the teak, let me know as I've done em for my ride and they came out looking pretty nice.
Let us know how she runs this weekend, and hopefully I'll get to catch up with you in October when we cruise down to Topoc or the Sandbar.
Chris

SPECTRABRENT
09-24-2002, 08:58 AM
Garrit,
You stole that boat!
I ran it all summer and almost bought it myself.
I have yet to see a better Spectra 20.
Good Luck,
Brent

disco_charger
09-24-2002, 11:14 AM
That is the one I saw and it is incredibly clean. Glad someone who'll appreciate it got it. Did you ever get the specs from Teague? It seemed to motor pretty good.
Nice truck! You got yourself quite a little compound out there don't you?
Disco
[ September 24, 2002, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: disco_charger ]

beached1
09-24-2002, 08:37 PM
Well uh thanks, sort of. The 57 Chevy stake bed belongs to a good friend. He owns a machine shop, builds nasty street rods and is a Turbo Guru. I helped him with this one from the frame up and in return learned a lot and got some killer deals on stuff for my BBC in my Omega. I thought it would look cool to take some picks of it with the new Spectra cause they were both red. Turns out, the Chevy was a little brighter but oh well. Next on our list is my 35 Ford Pick Up. Can't wait till it looks like this one. Sorry I didn't take a better pic of the truck. I was more focused on my new ride.