PDA

View Full Version : What pressure do T-valves open at?

malcolm
08-23-2003, 08:08 AM
Anyone know what pressure they open/close at? Anybody make a low budget one out of the Grainger catalog?
Another question, will a t-valve still work right with my gate valve partway closed for temp reasons?

Danhercules
08-23-2003, 08:16 AM
My gate valve is more closed than open for temp and pressure reasons, my T valve dose not open, If I open my gate, then it dose. This winter I am gonna put on a pressure regulator so I can run water in my headers. Hope this helps.

Floored
08-23-2003, 08:19 AM
I leave my valve partially shut for temp and by adjusting outlet valve mine works great. Bassett sent my a new style valve seat and havn't broken a spring in a year, still carry 2 extras with me though. don't know the pressure for opening though. some people run the hoses up by the seat and manually open and shut the water to the headers. Banderlog makes an electronic rpm activated water valve that many people seem to like. you could also do an electric valve triggered by a microswitch on the carb

Taylorman
08-23-2003, 08:34 AM
About 5 psi. I have a water pressure gauge on my intake in the temp sensor hole. I notice that steam starts to come out when water pressure hits 5. I use not gate valve on the water dump and the t valve opens at about 2000 rpm's. I took the gate valve off the dump line when i noticed the block pressure increases the more you restrict the dump line valve. I tried it once with no valve and it works great.

Moneypitt
08-23-2003, 10:12 AM
The "T" valve with the spring and the ball is not designed to be a pressure actuated relief. The sole purpose for the spring loaded ball is to prevent water in the block/intake from siphoning in to the headers after the motor is stopped. The slightest pressure opens the valve for normal flow from the engine to the headers, but the spring closes the "check" ball when at rest... Moneypitt

malcolm
08-23-2003, 10:17 AM
Well, it looks like I jumped the gun a little. Look at the snag I ran into.
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/dontfit.jpg
I guess I don't have to worry about a t-valve right now, unless I want to cut out my deck! :mad:

malcolm
08-23-2003, 10:38 AM
Oh, my bad, guess I was puttin' them on backwards!
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/dofit.jpg
:D :D :D :D
Looks like I'll have driver and pass side hair driers!
[ August 23, 2003, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: malcolm ]

H2OT PURSUIT
08-23-2003, 09:03 PM
Just cut em off and make them into a kind of a sort of zoomies. Zoomers. Zoomums. Zoomamundos. Zoomaramas. Shit I gotta get some rest.