PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Laughlin July 11-13

HotHallet
07-09-2003, 12:17 PM
I am heading to Laughlin Friday afternoon and was wondering if anyone else is planning on being around the area that weekend. Staying at the Riverside.

HM
07-09-2003, 12:20 PM
Hey Travis!
Wish I was! Have fun!

HotHallet
07-09-2003, 03:04 PM
Good to hear from you Frank! Hope you and Karen and the kids are good. I'll see you at CBBB. I have a tunnel ram, two Holley 450's, and a pair of Edelbrock aluminum cylinder heads sitting in my living room right now for the boat. I plan on installing after CBBB and the pump will go for freshening this winter. Slowly but surely.

HM
07-09-2003, 04:30 PM
It does not look like the flatty will make it to CBBB. Everything is out - I mean everything. I am having a balsa floor put in (laminated on top) - for pure looks - as the bottom of the flatty is stout, but ugly. Everything vertical is getting black flow-coat. Also had the thru transom holes patched. This is almost done and then will go to Dick Vale for touch-up next week.
Next, I replaced the roller cam and lifters with solid tappet and replaced the aluminum edlebrock victor jr heads with some new ARP style aluminum heads from New Zealand - they are very trick. Dropping the compression to 8:1 (it was supposed to be 8.5 : 1 originally, turned out to be 9.5:1 so new pistons are in the mix). And, I am adding an intercooler. The new mods should make the engine more reliable with less octane requirement. Will still be in the 700 HP range - will know after the dyno run. The engine will probably not be done by CBBB. And, the engine is getting moved forward 12 inches to help it boat take a set. Some mod to the bottom to reduce the rocker past the strut.
You know, just your basic annual $10K maintenance package!
And, it is no longer for sale - atleast this year unless someone pony's up with $25K in cash.

HM
07-09-2003, 04:34 PM
Oh ya
hy, and it does not look like the Campbell will be ready by CBBB either - it is still engine-less. My dad's new super wazoo engine is not done, so he is still using the 502 that will ultimately be in the Campbell.
I will be there with a Mastercrap 205 Prostar. It is a cool family boat anyways since I will have two little hot boaters this year.

HotHallet
07-10-2003, 10:44 AM
Cool. I can't wait to ride in the flatty with new set-up. She should rock pretty damn good.