PDA

View Full Version : 1976 21FT Spectra on eBay for $2800 no reserve

lakesmodified
08-28-2002, 03:35 PM
OK, I know a few of you are probably saying this is SPAM, and you're probably right; However, this isn't my boat, nor am I related to whomever is selling it... I just thought I'd post it for those that might be interested... Seems like a decent deal at the opening bid price.... 21FT Spectra Mini daycruiser (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1854339727)
[ August 28, 2002, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: lakesmodified ]

hack job
08-28-2002, 06:37 PM
5that boat has been on ebay atleast 4 times that i can count i think every time it gets too like 2500 and no higher the tanks look as if they have been repaired and the floor might need the same but the boat would be great for some one trying to start a project! spectra 20 are great boats! not as good as the 19 but thats my opion lol wink

lakesmodified
08-28-2002, 07:29 PM
hack job:
5that boat has been on ebay atleast 4 times that i can count i think every time it gets too like 2500 and no higher the tanks look as if they have been repaired and the floor might need the same but the boat would be great for some one trying to start a project! spectra 20 are great boats! not as good as the 19 but thats my opion lol wink Tell you what, if I didn't have my jet boat and all my other projects, I would consider this Spectra... Hey Hackjob, where in Torrance do you live? I grew up in Torrance, attended North High on Yukon(lived on Yukon) and 182. My wife attended West High and lived off of Ocean and Carson St, right behind what used to be the Treasury Dept Store on Hawthorne and Sepulveda(I believe a Mervyns and something else now)

hack job
08-28-2002, 08:35 PM
i live on artesia and crenshaw and i went to north high school. i have lived in torrance most of my life in fact i was born at torrance memorial. i like it here but the neighbor hood is going down hill! oh well!
[ August 28, 2002, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: hack job ]

lakesmodified
08-29-2002, 05:20 AM
hack job:
i live on artesia and crenshaw and i went to north high school. i have lived in torrance most of my life in fact i was born at torrance memorial. i like it here but the neighbor hood is going down hill! oh well!Whay year did you graduate? I was supposed to graduate in 1977, but went a year early(1976) I too lived in Torrance most of my life, or atleast until 1983. After getting married, I couldn't afford to buy in Torrance, so I moved out to Fontana, CA... Boy did that city go down the tubes quick! Finally moved out of Fontana late 1993 and came out to Memphis.... Now I'm looking to move again.... Kids all graduated from HS, two of them attending college... Time for a move. Ivan

hack job
08-29-2002, 06:15 AM
well i graduated in 1996 ! i was born in 1977! well california is were all the boats are and lots of lake but you know this! wink :D iam mostl likly going to move out of torrance in the next two years more than likly lakewood or long beach i too can not afford to buy in torrance got to go were my money will go futher! :D wink

lakesmodified
08-29-2002, 08:53 AM
hack job:
well i graduated in 1996 ! i was born in 1977! well california is were all the boats are and lots of lake but you know this! wink :D iam mostl likly going to move out of torrance in the next two years more than likly lakewood or long beach i too can not afford to buy in torrance got to go were my money will go futher! :D wink Damn Hack.... Talk about making me feel f**king old eek! :D !!!! I have alot of great memmories in that high school.... I just lived half a block down, between 190th St and 187th Pl on Yukon... Great to meet you.... Ivan

79Hawaiian
08-29-2002, 10:56 AM
The thing that scares me about this boat is that it has been sitting outside with no breather on the valve cover. Looks like it has been uncovered. God knows what has gotten into the engine.. rain, dirt, spider webs, etc. If it needs a rebuid as well it is no deal. I emailed the guy asking if I could drive out and see it with cash in hand but he never replied.

hack job
08-29-2002, 05:45 PM
79Hawaiian:
The thing that scares me about this boat is that it has been sitting outside with no breather on the valve cover. Looks like it has been uncovered. God knows what has gotten into the engine.. rain, dirt, spider webs, etc. If it needs a rebuid as well it is no deal. I emailed the guy asking if I could drive out and see it with cash in hand but he never replied.i emailed him the smae thing and that was a month ago never got a response enither! frown
[ August 29, 2002, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: hack job ]

hack job
08-29-2002, 05:46 PM
i also emailed him with no reply he isnt computer litarite! lol

malcolm
08-29-2002, 07:28 PM
I've seen that boat come and go many times too. Sounds like he's up to no good.

GOT WATER ??
08-31-2002, 08:37 AM
Malcolm, That is a damn nice looking Spectra. I have a 20 that I want to paint, but the woodgrain is bad. I wanted to save it but its too far gone. Is that Paint or gel?
I bid on that Spectra on ebay once and quit at $1500.00. I didn't think that it was worth mor than that.

malcolm
08-31-2002, 08:29 PM
GW,
It's mostly gel. Someone had the light blue painted before I got it. There's also some old white paint below the waterline but it's slowly falling off revealing beautiful white gel.

superdave013
08-31-2002, 08:51 PM
hack job:
well california is were all the boats are and lots of lake but you know this! Hack, you need to do a little traveling. If you think calif has lots of lakes you must not have ever been to the mid west or the south east. Georgia, South / North Carolina have awesome lakes. And they are every ware. I about shit when I flew over in a plane.
I'm from Indiana and they have a ton of nice lakes. The county that my folks have a lake house at has 101 lakes in just that county. Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes. These lakes in the upper mid west were made by glaciers and are very clean.
Best of all is no speed limits in the day. 10 mph at night.
I will say that So Cal has the kick ass custom boat scene that I was looking for. Just the lakes down here were a real let down.
Oh, my wife went to South High, class of '79. Her dad had Giovannis restaurant by Gemco center & the airport.

572Daytona
08-31-2002, 09:52 PM
In Georgia they don't even have speed limits at night. You can go as fast as you want if you are crazy enough. I see the bass boaters zip by out my window all the time at night. One night I saw about 10 go by in a row, there must have been a tournament. The funny thing is, I actually interviewed and got a job offer out in California after I graduated. One of the reasons I turned it down and stayed in the midwest was that there really weren't a lot of nice lakes that you could actually live on and still commute to work.

hack job
09-04-2002, 06:25 AM
dave ,
i have been other palcesd just not with my boat i know that the midwest to north central has a lot of lake , and i knwo that our lakes suck but this is the only up side the fact that you can go on most of them year round i would imagine that most of Minnesota freezes or is too damn cold to try it. but i sure ther is some one out there. plus here you are close to every thing oceans, lakes, mountains, desert, and ther most important seeign how there is a speed limit on most of our lakes( except for smellsome more) the river and you can go out on the river at night too also un like any of our lakes. i would be willing to bet that most of those states have better lakes. as for south high i went to north and my little bro is a instructor down at south. and gemco is now bestbuy trun on the fun. lol see you at the races on sat. and thanks for the invite over the weekend! wink :D

GOT WATER ??
09-04-2002, 04:26 PM
If anyone is looking for a Spectra20. I know where there is a nice one with a 350 bowtie Mercruiser

NorCal Gameshow
09-04-2002, 07:41 PM
got water, any pictures?