PDA

View Full Version : Friday night drags

Squirtcha?
06-24-2003, 09:00 PM
Just a little video fun from last Friday night at Lake Pleasant here in Phoenix. We usually have a better turnout but it was pretty rough this time out. The shots are a little grainy as MikeC shot them from shore with a lot of zoom.
The boats are
1. Red Canyon light layup Flattie. BBC PSI centrifugal blower around 1000-1200 hp. we figure that the boat is capable of 130 mph or so.
2. Black Dimarco copy blown flattie with a huge scoop. BBC with roots 871 blower around 750-800 hp running in the high 80's to low 90's.
3. Black Kachina Custom with a BBF tunnelram droop, rideplate, Place Diverter around 500 hp.
4. Yellow n Orange Kachina Custom. Mine
Conditions were pretty darned rough. We were all coming out of the water from time to time.
Thanks for shooting the vidi MikeC. Next week your boat should be ready to race, and I'll pull the trigger.
http://www.members.cox.net/realjetboats/temp/fridaynitedrags1.wmv
[ June 24, 2003, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

clownpuncher
06-24-2003, 09:06 PM
Very cool, thanks

Bense468
06-24-2003, 09:38 PM
Yeah that red flattie looks like it moves.

77468sleekcraft
06-24-2003, 09:39 PM
NOW THATS WHAT I CALL COOL..................THANKS I ENJOYED THAT.. eek!

Squirtcha?
06-25-2003, 05:35 AM
The Canyon. Buddy Matt had an real nice Edge Stealth with a worked pump and this same motor in it last year. He topped out at just over a hundered, and it just wasn't fast enough for him.
http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/data/500/12psi1-med.jpg
[ June 25, 2003, 06:40 AM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
06-25-2003, 06:00 AM
Squirtcha,
looks like your ole Kachina didn't do too bad. It looked like alot of fun. The sound on the video is incredible. I love the sound of open pipes and the whistle of a blower. Very Cool!!!!
Omega

Squirtcha?
06-25-2003, 06:46 AM
Thanks Omega. Yeah not too bad considering he doubles my horsepower. I had my boy along too (150 lbs) and that knocks off some git out of the hole and 5-6 mph off the top end. Hopefully the clips will stir some interest. We have lots of guys that post up stuff like "how fast do I have to be" and "we'll be there for sure with our clampons" and "maybe next time". But us diehards are there pretty much every week.

TIMINATOR
06-25-2003, 08:03 AM
Squirtcha.... THANKS for the video!!! Obviously didnt make as I didnt get the tow vehicle back in time from the dealer(another WHOLE story),trying to get the bugs out of the boat too. Probably this Friday. P.S. Brian F has his runnin too!

Squirtcha?
06-25-2003, 08:35 AM
Timinator........are you and relation to Doninator? L ing
Mike was responsible for the video. It was great that he came out to do that. I am merely the master spammer.
You n Brian get those machines ready. We've already got guys that can't wait to get back out there this Friday. Hopefully MikeC will have his ready to go this week.

burbanite
06-25-2003, 08:45 AM
Squirtcha?:
The Canyon. Buddy Matt had an real nice Edge Stealth with a worked pump and this same motor in it last year. He topped out at just over a hundered, and it just wasn't fast enough for him.
http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/data/500/12psi1-med.jpg For sale (http://forums.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=002848;p=1)

Squirtcha?
06-25-2003, 09:02 AM
Yupper. For Sale. I have yet to see Matt keep a boat for a whole year. If you take into consideration that he had the Edge with a tunnelram on it and ran that for 8 months, sold it, bought a semi-v jetboat and put a 871 roots on it, then sold that and kept the blower motor. Then bought his old Edge back again and ran it for a while with the 871 roots, eventually put the PSI on it..............I guess that'd been a year all together with the Edge. Funny guy!
It all makes my head spin.
[ June 25, 2003, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

hack job
06-25-2003, 09:15 AM
damn dan!,
i need to get my boat done so i can get so video of my boat running! those are some cool videos. that motor sound makes me go out to the drive way and start working on it again! iam very close but costs are holding me back. oh well whats anther week. wink

Squirtcha?
06-25-2003, 09:27 AM
Thanks Hack. I'm so fired up for the CBBB this year. It's gonna be great. I know whatcha mean about the cost thing. Last year just about killed me financially, but it was all worth it (lookin back). I'm getting ready for ya buddy! Ordering up a jet kit to bump the nitrous up to a 150 shot. Should be good for 3-4 mph and that'd get me to 85. That'll be it though. I'm done after that. RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!
Is it August yet?
[ June 25, 2003, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

cave
06-25-2003, 11:20 AM
Squirtcha? That was awesome . cant wait to get my boat back in the water to go hang out with ya. Your katchina seams alot fast now. Sounds Great too. see ya. Did you all do the Apache lake deal this year?

TIMINATOR
06-25-2003, 06:20 PM
Squirtcha... No relation,friend,whatever. I'm Timm,the boat is an Eliminator,the pump is a Dominator, what else could I be? OK professional,full time smartass, and a damn good one at that. If Brian keeps his stuff together till Friday, we'll both be out to watch,play,swap lies,(really-it's a 396,really!!!!!). and as allways being the nice guy I am, I will tow him back and help him put his lame thing on the trailer. I HAVE THE PICTURES! Got raid, sprayed it on everything, hope the bugs are gone, we'll see Friday. Looking foward to seein you all, don't make your stuff too fast this week,HUH? TIMINATOR

Squirtcha?
06-25-2003, 09:30 PM
Just kidding. Actually Doninator
is another knickname for PowerTrip
from the Jetheaven board. His
first name is Don and he's got
..........hmmmn, a Berkeley pump
(hey that doesn't work). O.K. a
Kachina boat. Nope still doesn't
work.
Don't fret. There weren't any bugs
at Pleasant the last two Fridays in
a row. It was too stinkin windy for
a bug to fly. Hopefully it'll be
flatter this Friday.
Ya'll come on out n play. If I remember
right, you're running quite a bit
faster than I am, but there'll be
someone there to give you a challenge
I'm sure. Anyway, we regulars already
have the pecking order figured out
and it takes some of the fun out of it.
We need some new blood!
[ June 25, 2003, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

XClutchboy725
06-26-2003, 07:11 AM
Squirtcha, That boat of yours is taking a really nice set! You've spent a lot of time dialing in that ride plate haven't ya?
I've got to get the porpoise out of mine. cry

Squirtcha?
06-26-2003, 07:50 AM
XClutchboy725:
Squirtcha, That boat of yours is taking a really nice set! You've spent a lot of time dialing in that ride plate haven't ya?
I've got to get the porpoise out of mine. cry Thanks Jeff
I'd like to take credit for it, but I can't. A buddy of mine that races and has setup a few boats in his time, did it for me. Jim's a good pal. He drives 3 hours round trip with a bad back
bringing along his digital level, timing light, wedges, hardware, toolbox etc. and sets up my boat for me. It only took him two times watching it run and making adjustments and he had her dialed in.
Man what a difference from what it used to be. It took some getting used to but it doesn't do anything weird, just really loosened her up.
Many thanks Jim Sampica.
[ June 26, 2003, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

fire on the water
06-26-2003, 01:34 PM
Oh Yeah!! That got me fired up for the weekend!!!

Cheyenne
06-26-2003, 06:43 PM
Dan thank's for the kind word's but you did most of the work i just fine tuned it for ya.But thank's anyway for the thought and kind word's.Later
JIM S