PDA

View Full Version : Jacuzzi question

mtnspan
07-08-2003, 10:36 AM
21' BBC with a Jacuzzi YJ with AT energizer, would like to add a Placediverter. Who can tell me,will it bolt up? Do I need a droop to bolt it up? What does a droop do? This is new stuff to me that's why so many ??

Hustler
07-08-2003, 12:04 PM
You should have no problem adding a Place diverter, I would also add the AT droop, in a 21 foot boat I think it would help to free up the hull alot.

mtnspan
07-08-2003, 02:41 PM
Thanks Hustler, is the droop a nessecity? :confused: if not what are the advantages?

Hustler
07-08-2003, 02:50 PM
It's not something you have to have to use the place diverter but it will help lift the boat out of the water more letting it run a little free'er. I would suggest getting the place diverter and then see if you can borror a droop from someone to see how your boat react's

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
07-08-2003, 02:54 PM
mtnspn,
your boat is too large to benefit from a droop. it would hurt you more than it would help. you do not need it in order to add a place diverter. If you feel the need to try something try Duane's "snoot" or the at straight snoot. I think that would suit your situation much better. Like I said the though the answer to your question is no.you do not have to have a droop to run a place diverter.
Omega

mtnspan
07-08-2003, 03:09 PM
Good advise, I'll go with the diverter first, see how I like it. It is a heavy boat, an old daycruiser. But we've been having fun with it! :D

Hustler
07-08-2003, 03:21 PM
OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET:
mtnspn,
your boat is too large to benefit from a droop. it would hurt you more than it would help. you do not need it in order to add a place diverter. If you feel the need to try something try Duane's "snoot" or the at straight snoot. I think that would suit your situation much better. Like I said the though the answer to your question is no.you do not have to have a droop to run a place diverter.
Omega Just curious as to how his boat is to big for a droop? I have 22'6" boat and the droop helped emensly (sp?) I have seen alot 21' boats running droops, also Froggystyle on these boards benifited from installing one on his 21' Ultra. I just dont see where it would be to big to have one, I think the bigger boats benifit more from them than most smaller boats do.

77charger
07-08-2003, 03:50 PM
I am another who added a diverter to my energizer kit I had to add a spacer for the steering ar, no big deal though .Also went ahead and had the bowl flowed as well as the impeller detailed and reworked got a 400 rpm drop and the same speed (became really efficient)

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
07-09-2003, 03:43 AM
Just curious as to how his boat is to big for a droop? I have 22'6" boat and the droop helped emensly (sp?) I have seen alot 21' boats running droops, also Froggystyle on these boards benifited from installing one on his 21' Ultra. I just dont see where it would be to big to have one, I think the bigger boats benifit more from them than most smaller boats do.
--------------------
Hustler
well it is my opinion that the droops force the rear of the boat into the water creating downward thrust . I think they do this to help lighter boats stay in the water. Larger boats have no problem staying in the water due to there extreme weight. I think a straight snoot would help push the boat forward and not waste energy pushing it down also. Like I said though this is only my opinion.
Omega

Duane HTP
07-09-2003, 05:34 AM
For applications of this type, we also produce the SNOOT with a 4 degree up steering pin axis. This gives the larger boats nose lift without draging hardware in the water at lower speeds and take off. A droop seems to work best in this application along with a shoe and ride plate. The SNOOT will work well either way. The 4 degree up steering pin axis made my 23' boat free up a lot in the 40 to 75 mph range and gain just a little top end mph.

ChetCapoli
07-09-2003, 05:57 AM
OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET:
--------------------
well it is my opinion that the droops force the rear of the boat into the water creating downward thrust . I think they do this to help lighter boats stay in the water. Larger boats have no problem staying in the water due to there extreme weight. I think a straight snoot would help push the boat forward and not waste energy pushing it down also. Like I said though this is only my opinion.
Omega Looks like you've been reading the website too long omega. So how does your boat run with "the snoot" as opposed to the droop? I would like to try it but aside from a VERY few people you dont see it. Does it really work or not? I'm sure if it really did, the pump makers would have made one. It's a $500 gamble if you ask me. You see droops more than anything else, why do you think that is? I'd be a little annoyed if it didnt work on my boat, especially for the money spent. That's why i am hesistant.
CHET
P.S. dont mean to pick on ya omega, we gotta keep the HBJet supporters together ya know. :D
[ July 09, 2003, 07:03 AM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
07-09-2003, 06:08 AM
Looks like you've been reading the website too long omega. So how does your boat run with "the snoot" as opposed to the droop? I would like to try it but aside from a VERY few people you dont see it. Does it really work or not? I'm sure if it really did, the pump makers would have made one. It's a $500 gamble if you ask me. You see droops more than anything else, why do you think that is? I'd be a little annoyed if it didnt work on my boat, especially for the money spent. That's why i am hesistant. no I really am not basing this on what I have read. My dad had a 21 day cruiser when I was in school. He put a droop on it because that was what "crowd" was doing. He lost 4 mph on the top end but could throw a hell of a rooster. I know that not all boats are the same and one setup doesn't work for everything. And remember at has been making a straight snoot for a while now. HTP is not the first. I personally have not tried it (I have a jacuzzi yj) but when I wear it out I will be getting the aggressor energizer and probably will try it then. It makes sense to me. There are a few that have tried it on here and seem to be happy with it. But hey I always go against "the crowd" I'm running a ford and a jacuzzi. Go figure....... :D
Omega

Duane HTP
07-09-2003, 02:18 PM
" You see droops more than anything else, why do you think that is?"
Because they have been out on the market for many more years. The Snoot has been out for only 3 months.
We believe in the Snoot so much that we will replace it with a Droop if the customer does not like it.