PDA

View Full Version : New project/ Ethics test, what would you do?

Tahiti350
03-10-2006, 09:39 AM
Well, I pulled the 454 out of the project Suburban last night. Engine hoist had to grunt a little bit under the load. Taking it back to the guy I bought the Suburban from, has 3 quarter sized holes in the pan, 2 in the bottom and one through the side. He had planned on "freshing" it and putting it in another truck. I think it is going to need more than just a freshening.....
Next step is to change the valve cover gaskets, carb, and distributer on the SBC that's going back in. I'd like to keep the computer controls the SBC came with, but the truck is a HD unit and didn't have the computer from the factory. Should have the Suburban running by Sunday night, and take it to the muffler shop to get the headers hooked up to the existing duals, unless everything matches up without having to bend pipe.
Check this out though, The guy I bought the Suburban from works at a wrecking yard, and got it at a salvage auction. He hadn't done anything but have it hauled to the shop. When it was delivered to the house April and I went out and cleaned up the inside some. It had a bunch of change under the 2nd row seat, picked up about $20 in change :) , then started in the way back. In the process I found a bank deposit bag in the spare tire well, opened it up and it had another $110 in bills and change:eek:. No deposit slip or anything. Total found right at $140!!!! :jawdrop:
I only paid $850 for the Suburban, and I'm not giving the money back to the guy I bought it from as it wasn't his, and all the previous owners info has been cleaned out, including the license plates, so no way to track them down. Looks like I'll have to keep it and spend it myself!!
What would you do??

thehookerman
03-10-2006, 09:44 AM
finders! keepers!

Dribble
03-10-2006, 11:26 AM
Not only is that a no brainer but I don't think it even borders on being unethical.

Captain Dan
03-10-2006, 11:45 AM
If found in a salvaged vehicle, I would consider it mine. If you found a car stereo in a box in the back would you return that? No way!
Check under the dash for bundels of cocaine or under the fenderwells for chronic. I have a friend who owns a tow company, you'd be surprised wht you might find.

Tom Brown
03-10-2006, 11:47 AM
What would you do??
If I found 110 bucks, I'd also try to find a tissue or rag to jack off in because I'd be rubbing it like an unemployed steel worker.

rrrr
03-10-2006, 11:49 AM
Reminds me of the lawyer that had a client pay him a $1,000 retainer with a one thousand dollar bill. After the client left his office, the barrister discovered that the man had actually given him two $1K bills.
He was thus faced with an ethical problem.
Should he tell his law partner? :crossx: :D
Keep the MONEY!! :rollside:

a catered life
03-10-2006, 12:28 PM
if its in a deposit bag that sounds kinda fishy and if he had the car for long he should have check the entire thing hell its only $140 but if it screwing with your head send it to me and i'm give it to the (charity of poor black kids who's dad needs to do some upgrades on his 25' eliminator) CPBKWDNTDUH25E :cool:

Her454
03-10-2006, 12:52 PM
April and I went out and cleaned up the inside some.
The real question is....who found it....you or April? :rollside: :rollside:

spectratoad
03-10-2006, 01:13 PM
In reference to Traci's question.....If April didn't find it did you tell her or will you? That is the real question. :cool:
I would tell my wife......wink wink :rolleyes:

Tahiti350
03-10-2006, 07:25 PM
I found it, but April was there. I would have told her even if she hadn't been right there.
Looks like boat and beer are in the lead, fix the suburban in a reasonable second, and give away free money is stuck at the gate.... :rolleyes: Go figure.
Actually already spent about half of it, filled up both of our cars (the daily drivers out of my fleet of 10). F_cking fuel prices are up $.20 in the past week here.

MagicMtnDan
03-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Is there a deposit slip or any other info other than the bank deposit bag? If the bag is the only thing then there's no way the bank can determine who the money belongs to. While it doesn't belong to you, if the rightful owner cannot be found then it now is yours.

Jbb
03-10-2006, 07:40 PM
If I found 110 bucks, I'd also try to find a tissue or rag to jack off in because I'd be rubbing it like an unemployed steel worker.
Gotta love the way Brown breaks things down to the simpilist common denominator...... :p

Forkin' Crazy
03-10-2006, 07:43 PM
I vote for boat and beers!!!! :crossx:

Mohave Vice
03-10-2006, 08:12 PM
You bought the vehicle and its contents! Good find.

YeLLowBoaT
03-10-2006, 09:25 PM
I vote going out to a strip club and buying all your friends lap dances......
:crossx:
j/k it should be good for a day at the lake/river.

ThongMagnet
03-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Screw the $140 you found, I feel sorry you bought a piece of junk, and now April's got to look at it.
Do the right thing, give the $140 and the Suburban back.

Tahiti350
03-11-2006, 09:08 AM
Can't give the money and Suburban back, Yes it needs work, but it's straight and solid, no rust, and all the heavy duty stuff is there. I just need a bigger family hauler, without spending $20+K. It will be worth around $2 to 2.3k once up and going, and with a little polish and tiem, maybe more.