PDA

View Full Version : Who has a marine carb for sale

joe
05-15-2002, 09:29 PM
I am looking for a 750-850 marine carb thanks

triple x tx
05-15-2002, 09:44 PM
u dont need a marine carb........just get a regular automotive carb..........i bet 99% of the people in this forum dont run marine carbs........but if you really want one go for it......i honestly dont know the difference between the two......maybe someone could fill me in????

joe
05-15-2002, 09:46 PM
its in a day cruiser the motor is inclosed i was told i need a marine carb if engine was inclosed

HBjet
05-15-2002, 09:59 PM
I think RiverToysJas has a 850 Double pumper he can sell you, oh, wait I think it is a 750? Hmmmmm No, it's a 700. Will that work?
HBjet
[This message has been edited by HBjet (edited May 15, 2002).]

joe
05-15-2002, 10:19 PM
I have a 600 now i want atleast a 750 thanks

triple x tx
05-15-2002, 10:21 PM
whats the difference between marine and automotive??????

apollo74
05-15-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by triple x tx:
whats the difference between marine and automotive??????
basically the marine carb has the vents turned down-like an upside down J. they also have something on the butterflies-special grooves or sommething. some have provisions for the tube from the fuel pump diaphram failure port to the carb(like my quadrajet). when you have enclosed engine compartment i've been told marine approved components are much more important than open engine setups.

triple x tx
05-15-2002, 10:58 PM
okay i see.......good luck finding one.......i bet there hard to come by,and not cheap when you do

apollo74
05-15-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by triple x tx:
okay i see.......good luck finding one.......i bet there hard to come by,and not cheap when you do
actually summit and jegs have them and yes they are not cheap-also check with biggs carb in wisconsin- check on ebay under "biggs holley". they redid mine and did a great job for about $240. good luck!

hack job
05-16-2002, 07:54 AM
hey bud check out ebay there on there all the time i know i was looking for 750 carbs and ran in to plenty. but i know we had a a closed engine compartment and the boat came stock with a standard carb they are easier to find and rebuild most auto parts havethat rebuild kit were as with the marine one you will have to order it or so some were special. good luck
Tyson www.plumbersassracing.com (http://www.plumbersassracing.com)

gstark
05-16-2002, 11:30 AM
Look at the other jet forum, a thread started Mar 14 on this topic. Here is what I wrote regarding marine carbs
"This info is direct from the CPPerformance catalog. I am sure you can find it at other sources as well.
A marine carb has one principle requirement that makes it different from an automobile carb.
The is a USCG test requirement that if the carb floods, only 0.5 cc of fuel can escape within 30 seconds.
1/2 of a cubic centimeter is not much fuel. Close to the equivalent of a couple of drops from a medicine dropper.
How this requirement is met is three fold.
First, J-tubes dump fuel back into the throat of the carb.
Second, no gasket is used which can saturate with fuel and release vapor.
Third, the butterfly shafts are "grooved" and "slabbed". This prevents fuel that puddles on the throttle plates from seeping past the ends of the throttle shafts. Rather the fuel is channeled into the manifold.
So, there is a difference between the two types. And there is a cost difference. I think a list 9022 (800 DP) can be had for around $500. I haven't bought a standard carb in years, but I'd imagine that a list 3310 or a 4150/800DP for a car is still 300 and up.
If you have a closed engine compartment, in my mind, there is no question. Safety is first. If you ever have a fire or explosion and file an insurance claim, my guess is one of the first things that will be looked at is the carb. I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of a decision that was made earlier that affects payment on a claim"
More info was posted pertaining to fire safety that is worth reading.
I have replaced my list 9015 marine vac sec 750. If you are interested in this carb, contact me at my profile. The choke assy is removed, a quick change vac sec housing is installed, and I have a new spring pack. Carb was recently looked at by Dave at Fuel Curve. 50 hrs run time.

lostlake
05-17-2002, 04:11 AM
Hey joe, I havent been on the boards in a while but seen your request, I have a brand new 850 marine, used one time, one hour, in the box.. let me know if your still instrested. you can e-mail me @ fatee2k@yahoo.com