PDA

View Full Version : Jacuzzi pump parts too expensive?

dgie
08-25-2003, 07:21 PM
I am taking a poll and was wondering what everyone running a 12wj feels is a resonable price for an impeller. I feel the current price of $700.00 is way too high and fell that these high prices are the main reason for people are shifting over too the Berkleys. I have a friend who has strong conections to Chinese manufacturers and would also like to get some feedback on wheather you all would be willing to pay much less for the same thing comming from China instead of North American Marine Jet (current owner of Jacuzzi). I am not trying to bash american workers, but man $700.00, toooo high

77charger
08-25-2003, 08:05 PM
tell me about it i tried to find a suction piece for a yj golden eagle asking price for a used one was at minimum 750.00.Then found out mine could be repaired for around 250.00 went this route.two days before being finished jim brock had located one for me for 250.00
700 could buy a nice impeller berk,agg,legend,etc

BrendellaJet
08-25-2003, 09:02 PM
I think that board member wsuwrhr put a legend impeller in his jacuzzi 12wj. Im not positive, but i remember reading that he did. Hopefully he will chime in and clear this up. i agree, 700 is a lot of money. Whats the stock 12WJ one made out of anyway?

dgie
08-25-2003, 10:11 PM
Aluminum is stock, but I believe you can get it in stainless for a lot more$$$$$ I think I can get this stuff manufactured for a lot less$$$ I will have to collect more information and then me and my friend can see if they are interested. I told him about this board and this company in china is looking for opportunities here.

Jim Brock
08-25-2003, 10:56 PM
New jacuzzi alum empeller, $575.00, Jim Brock (818)890-1867

mitchythekid
08-26-2003, 07:53 AM
Try $1200.00 for an impellor for a Panther jet. Although I have been told that you should never have to replace one. A word of cation on manufacturing parts out of the country, thinking that you are going to be able to do it cheaper. I used to machine parts that were made from blanks made in other contries. Sometimes these blanks are inferior to what you need for a part like that. The minimums on blanks are also staggering. Just a guess but I think you are looking at $100,000-$500,000 out of pocket before you turn a profit on a project like that. Now what would you pay?

wsuwrhr
08-26-2003, 03:37 PM
Hello, Hello,
I am always around to help out a fellow WJ enthusiast, however being directly involved in manufacturing, if I ever hear another word about buying cheaper parts from China, my head will explode.
Just remember folks, money you pay for something always comes indirectly back to you, if you start taking money from someone's hand and send it overseas, eventually the money will not get back to you....think about it, we keep sending money and skilled jobs to China, there eventually will be fewer and fewer good jobs left. Don't think it won't happen to you...it is all a cycle.
This hits a little close to home for me, if you can tell. I just layed off half(4 guys)of my crew do to rising costs of workmans comp and such, and competetion from overseas. They were all skilled guys and assets to the company.
Anyway........
I did put a legend impeller in my WJ, is isn't easy or cheap, but it can be done.
I also have 1 "A" and 1 "B" WJ impeller for sale.
I also modified my bowl to accept Berk accesories like a cheaper diverter, and a droop, which isn't available for a WJ. I think the Berk diverters was a 100 or 150 cheaper than a WJ.
Let me know if you are interested.
Brian
[ August 26, 2003, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

wsuwrhr
08-26-2003, 03:45 PM
(rant on)You can tell your interested parties from China looking for opportunities here in America that a machinist named Brian De Nigro wants them to kiss my lilly white hairy ass. (smiles)
OR...send them my way and I'll send them back to their dirty overpopulated ****ing country in a small ****ing box.(rant off)
Brian-out

BrendellaJet
08-26-2003, 07:27 PM
YES, What he said!
Does anyone know what power level a stock 12WJ impeller is good to. When would i need to upgrade to stainless?
WSUWRHR, what would you charge to modify a berk or legend impeller to fit a 12WJ bowl, or did you just modify the shaft so you could attach other brands impeller and matching bowl?
[ August 26, 2003, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: BrendellaJet ]

dgie
08-26-2003, 07:30 PM
Soooo Brian am I understanding that you do not think it is a good idea frown

dgie
08-26-2003, 07:58 PM
I am just messing with you Brian. I will tell my buddy to forget it. I agree with you big time, however If you look under just about everything in the market. From socks, shoes to aircraft parts to.... They all have that same tag on them made in China, made in Taiwan, made in Guatemala, the list goes on. I agree with you also on the fact that things from china are generally crap. I go buy some of my tools from a place called harbor freight out here in Dallas area because they are so cheap, and damn if they do not fall apart the first time I use them. I just do not understand why we as a country cannot get it together. These countries have been slowly moving their goods into our country for many years now and just within the last 6 months to a year; People in this country have just realized it. Can we really stop it? No. Can the record companies stop Morpheous, Kazza, etc? No. We need to figure out a balance to this situation and take action. I believe we should increase tariffs on things entering the country, to help level the playing field. I also agree with limiting things coming into the country. However with opening free trade with Mexico and Canada, we have opened the floodgates to a couple countries that they can move their products thru undetected by customs. Interesting mess we have gotten ourselves into. At one time the only thing you would see on the road is an American made car. I drive both a 1995 Ford F150 and a 1998 Acura Integra. The truck has 65,000 miles on it and rattles like hell, with real crappy gas mileage, which is expected in a full size truck. The Integra has 219,000 miles on it and is dependable as hell, no rattles and great gas mileage. It is not hard to figure out which one is my favorite. I am not trying to piss anyone off. I really would like to see America take the lead in manufacturing again like they used to be, however progress like this can not be stopped without congressional intervention and even then people here in the US will whine about that…….Hell of a mess.
[ August 26, 2003, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: dgie ]