PDA

View Full Version : anybody running a dominator pump i need help

PLACECRAFT20
06-26-2003, 07:19 PM
i have a commander boat in my shop with a domminator pump and a agressor diverter. the geometery of the diverter and the reverse cable and the steering cable is all f@#%edup. now i know why i like berkleys. anyway i would like to know if a standard domminator nozzel or a place diverter nozzel for a dominator has the same f@#%kups as the aggressor. thanks for the input.

Jake W
06-26-2003, 07:24 PM
I think on the Aggressor all the stearing up down and bucket hook up is on one side .But on a Place Diverter the stearing is on one side and the up down and bucket hook up are on the other.Is this what you mean???
Jake :confused:

PLACECRAFT20
06-26-2003, 07:29 PM
yea jake. i have my berkley sitting beside the dominator. the berkley/placediverter geometry is perfect but on opposite sides. the domminator/aggressor is on the same side. the reverse/forward cable binds because of no stop. the steering binds because of awkward angles and some dumb swivel bracket. is this agressors fault or domminators. it looks like to me my buddy needs a place diverter.

Jake W
06-26-2003, 08:27 PM
I hqve seen a few guys that run a pice of tube alum and a long bolt to get the stearing up so it is not as much angle.Would something like that work?
Jake
PS take off your place and switch it for the aggressor and see if it works on your boat if not mabey something is machined wrong.( it would not be the first time they did that on thoes diverters. smile_sp

PLACECRAFT20
06-26-2003, 09:38 PM
THANKS JAKE,
THE AGRESSOR NOZZEL HAS THE BRAKETS AT THE WRONG ANGLE. I WILL CALL SOME SHOPS IN THE A.M. TO FIND OUT IF THIS BOAT HAS THE CORRECT SET UP. IF IT IS CORRECT THE AGRESSOR WILL BE FOR SALE AND A NEW PLACE DIVERTER WILL TAKE ITS PLACE. I HAVE BEEN REFURBING THIS BOAT FOR A BUDDY FOR SIX MONTHS. IT HAS BEEN A LONG TASK AND HE WANTS TO RUN IT ON THE FORTH. THE STEERING HOOK UP IS THE FINAL CONNECTION TO PUT THIS THING IN THE LAKE. HE HAS SPENT A TON TO GET IT IN SHAPE SO A NEW DIVERTER OR NOZZEL IS A DROP IN THE BUCKET. WE CHANGED THE STEERING TO RACK & PINION BECAUSE OF BINDING PROBLEMS, I NOW FIND OUT IT WAS THE EQUIPMENT, NOT THE STEERING CAUSING HIS OLD PROBLEM. THE ORIGINAL PROBLEM WAS THE BOAT WAS VERY HARD TO STEER ON THE THROTTLE BUT JUST STIFF OFF THE THROTTLE. I DID NOT SEE THE ORIGINAL GEOMETRY BECAUSE HE HAD ALREADY STRIPPED THE BOAT. I AM JUST THE RIGGER WITH NEW PARTS.