PDA

View Full Version : Jacuzzi JB

wfodude
11-14-2002, 09:40 AM
Just bought a brendella 18 footer with what appears to be a jacuzzi JB pump. I know berkleys inside and out but have never been in one of these. Any suggestions ...maybe a location where I can buy a manual..Parts?..Thanks for your help

BrendellaJet
11-14-2002, 10:54 AM
Hey dude, congrats on the purchase. I also have an 18 foot Brendella, is yours a bubbledeck? Mines got a 12WJ. I think you need to take a closer look at the pump for us to be able to help you out. To the best of my knowledge, Jacuzzi made two pumps, a WJ, and a YJ, the WJ being the better performer of the two. In stock form, theYJ is not great, butwith the energizer kit, they can be made to run well. The impeller on both models when stock is garbage-so I have been told anyway. If you do have a WJ, DO NOT BUY THE SELOC MANUAL, it does not cover your pump no matter what people tell you. It only mentions the W model breifly- something about the WJ being known to push boats over 100mph, and that the publisher only covers stock/recreational use pumps. Sounds like you know whats going on inside pumps anyway, Jack at MPD here in California can help you with details. If you do have the YJ, get the seloc manual, lots of info.

beached1
11-14-2002, 12:53 PM
Here is a web site to North American Marine jet who own the rights to Jacuzzi now. The WJ is the only Jacuzzi pump that is a mixed flow. The other two, YJ and Golden Eagle are axial flow. It should say something like Jacuzzi 12WJ somewhere on the thrust bering area. Jack or Kevin over at MPD are the most knowledgable people around for Jacuzzi pump mods. 949-631-2040
http://www.marinejet.com/home.html

wfodude
11-14-2002, 04:52 PM
Thanks..Its an 18 foot bubble deck with the 12 degree bottom.Ill check it out closer and double check the numbers. yes I understand jets pretty well I had a blown brendella tunnel that had quite a reputation at the camp far west v-drive meets...I sold it to buy a sanger hydro and now here we are again.....

MikeF
11-14-2002, 05:29 PM
WFO, Why the trip back from the dark side? wink :D
[ November 14, 2002, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: MikeF ]

wfodude
11-15-2002, 07:40 AM
the hydro ran by all accounts over 150 mph figuring a 48 gear 15.25 pitch prop and 8200 rpm. I didnt have all the safety gear and was running like this at the lake...I knew if I kept it up my days were numbered.Plus the lake patrol followed me like a lovesick puppy.Waiting for me to do something stupid.And blown injected on alky with zoomies.It was mighty loud. I only paid 500 bucks for this thing on a tandem trailer so I couldnt go wrong.I gave another 5 for a complete ls 6 with a set of decent bassetts on it.I only need a carb to have everything.It came with an original l-88 alum manifold that I want to sell for something single plane.And you guys were right it is a jacuzzi wj/b so I need a loader grate.Does anyone make a droop snoot for one?

BrendellaJet
11-15-2002, 08:32 AM
find the topic titled "All Jaccuzi owners please read this!!! " its a few pages back in the Just Jets forum, look for the pic, it shows how a guy with a WJ made a simple adapter(so simple im going to have my dad make me one!!!!) He uses berkely parts from the droop back.

wsuwrhr
11-15-2002, 07:11 PM
I do a pretty nice one that I weld onto the bowl after I machine the nozzle and a little more off. My Jacuzzi pump has a Berk A impeller, droop and a gun drilled 17-4 shaft I made. I bought the droop and diverter from MPD and I would reccomend him to anyone.
Brian
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/droopad.JPG
[ November 15, 2002, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]