PDA

View Full Version : Hyd. Diverter ?

Taylorman
05-09-2003, 01:12 PM
How long does it take for a hyd diverter to move from full down to full up. Im debating on whether to go hyd or manual.

Hustler
05-09-2003, 01:37 PM
it takes mine about 4 maybe 5 seconds max.

Danhercules
05-09-2003, 02:31 PM
Mine is about the same. I would say closer to 4 sec. Its dose not take long to get it up!! eek! :p

elimination
05-09-2003, 09:20 PM
I was just wondering how people with hydraulic div. know what position it's in? I have one in mine and asked about the gauge and was told that it's a waste of money because voltage affects it so bad.Anyone had both and liked one versus teh other? idea

Aluminum Squirt
05-10-2003, 11:44 PM
I was not aware there was an electric gauge for a PD. Mine is mechanical and it works OK, but I'm not terrible impressed. I have a hydraulic set up with mech gauge. My best bet is to always just take a look back and see where my tail is and how its riding. I think I would prefer a manual control because it is very precise and I think it would be faster up/dn but I've never had a manual set up. Its not really an issue anymore because my boat is aluminum and I had one of the white water race nozzles built by Eagle so it won't be adjustable. First test shows it was worth 7MPH but my mechanic says the boat is riding a little too loose so that may turn into 4-5mph after some more tuning-Aluminum Squirt

deputy63
05-11-2003, 03:01 AM
This is my first div. so how does it work? where does the cable run?

Banshee
05-11-2003, 06:05 AM
I have a hydraulic place diverter. I think a manual one would probably be faster and there’s no question where it’s at. But on the other hand it’s no dig deal to look over your shoulder and gage the diverter position by the rooster tail and ride attitude. I also like the fact that I have a nice little pair of buttons on the wheel instead of a big handle mounted to the stringer or something. But there’s no argument that the manual method is cheaper. If you go with the hydraulic version get the stainless lines from the bulkhead fittings to the cylinder. Look cool and last forever.

TAYLORCHET
05-12-2003, 04:41 PM
i HAVE A hyd div and mine is almost instant when I go from full up to down it always cuts the rooster off instantly and it looks really cool it appears that you just sliced it off in mid air and it takes a second for the remaining rooster to go away I also have a guage that has always been acurate mine also seems to go up very fast.

Duane HTP
05-12-2003, 06:44 PM
The speed of the diverter depends mostly on the rate of the hydraulic pump. I find that the Bennett unit that Place sells does not work quite as fast as the Hydro-Dyne pumps that Aggressor uses. BOTH pumps however; are very good units. I have used the Hydro-Dyne units on Place Diverters, and it makes them much faster.