PDA

View Full Version : my reverse isn't worth a sh!t

jeffro
07-06-2003, 12:17 PM
what's the deal? my bucket seems to be working fine, but when i put it in reverse, it doesn't want to go anywhere... :confused:
pump's a berkley 12jf
anybody have any ideas? :rolleyes:

Squirtcha?
07-06-2003, 01:09 PM
I've driven a number of jets (besides my own) and find that reverse pretty much sucks on all of em. If you have a diverter try putting it in the full down position, that'll help out some. You've got a whole lot of boat to move there which isn't helping matters any.

jeffro
07-06-2003, 01:27 PM
thanks squirt -
i thought maybe something was wrong with it. :rolleyes:
this is my first jet and it's a pain in the a$$ sometimes. burningm
a whole lot to learn...

Mohavekid
07-06-2003, 01:43 PM
Reverse in a jet usually is not too good, so you probably don't have a problem.
It just takes time to learn how to drive a jet. They drive much differently than a prop boat.
Once you learn how to drive it, you'll be amazed at how well you can contol a jet.

Snorider
07-06-2003, 02:33 PM
Sometimes giving it alittle gas will help - especially when trying to turn... Not too much gas though otherwise you could break the reverse nozzle, or it can get stuck in the down position; i have seen both happen.

jeffro
07-06-2003, 02:34 PM
yeah - it's just really a bitch at the ramp. burningm
with other people not watching what they're doing and what you're trying to do, you know.
it's just really frustrating... :rolleyes:

Cas
07-06-2003, 02:52 PM
If you have a ride plate, make sure the flow of water isn't hitting it.
As Squirtcha said though, it looks like you've got quite a bit of weight on your boat. That weight doesn't like to have it's direction altered very fast.

jeffro
07-06-2003, 03:25 PM
hmmm - i do have a ride plate. i bet that's
got something to do with it, too. never thought of that - i'm such a dumb shit :rolleyes:

Boomer
07-06-2003, 08:57 PM
I had a cv23 it backed up ok it had an E pump with a place divertor it wold go almost as fast in reverse (at idle) as it would in forward. Like Cas suggested check your ride plate might be the problem.

Back Forty
07-07-2003, 03:02 AM
Make sure the reverse door is adjusted properly. Mine used to be a ***** at reversing. Now it is great.

Jet City
07-11-2003, 12:57 AM
I have a Pantherjet and had pretty much no reverse, I noticed that the reverse gate had a bit of slop to it, with the gate full down there was no gap between gate and exit nosil, but the thrust of the jet was pushing the gate open the amount of the slop (.25-.375). I adjusted the gate to come down further so when the thrust pushes the gate up it is even with the bottom of the exit nosil, which didn't really compromise the full open position. I am really pleased with my reverse now.

Blown 472
07-11-2003, 05:31 AM
Back Forty:
Make sure the reverse door is adjusted properly. Mine used to be a ***** at reversing. Now it is great. Ditto that, make sure the nozzle is down and adjust the door to about two fingers meaning you take two fingers one on top the other and you can get them in between the door and the bottom of the nozzle.

AZKC
07-11-2003, 07:04 AM
Jet City Rebel:
I have a Pantherjet and had pretty much no reverse, I noticed that the reverse gate had a bit of slop to it, with the gate full down there was no gap between gate and exit nosil, but the thrust of the jet was pushing the gate open the amount of the slop (.25-.375). I adjusted the gate to come down further so when the thrust pushes the gate up it is even with the bottom of the exit nosil, which didn't really compromise the full open position. I am really pleased with my reverse now. Panthers have great reverse :D
KC