PDA

View Full Version : Miller owners

core attitude
10-07-2002, 02:16 PM
On my boat the forward / reverse control is mounted down on the stringer between my legs. It doesn't appear that it was ever mounted up on the gunwale. Can any Miller owners chime in as to your set up or any other Millers you've seen. Mine is a '76 but I don't think that they did any thing different for just one year so any year info should be helpful.
Thanks, Pete

miller19j
10-07-2002, 02:35 PM
Pete mine is mounted on the side of the gunwale it is an 80, but in the original miller brochure that I have it is mounted on the stringer. If you look closely in the picture you can see it.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/millerbroc.JPG

core attitude
10-07-2002, 02:44 PM
miller19j, I knew you would answer first! :) Thanks for the quick reply. Do you know where I can get good info on Millers? My searches have been producing very poor results.
Thanks again, Pete

miller19j
10-07-2002, 02:59 PM
I searched the net and came up with nothing! The best source of info that I have found is Jim Miller 805 564 3119. He is the one skiing in the picture on the left and driving in the picture on the right. He is a really nice guy and would probably be happy to answer any questions you have.
Miller owners have to stick together! :D

core attitude
10-07-2002, 03:14 PM
Thanks miller19j, I called the number and it's wrong. Any chance it's a typo? As far as sticking together, with the lack of info out there the only way I've found info is from other owners. If I find any good info I'll pass it your way.
Thanks, Pete

miller19j
10-07-2002, 03:17 PM
core attitude:
Thanks miller19j, I called the number and it's wrong. Any chance it's a typo? As far as sticking together, with the lack of info out there the only way I've found info is from other owners. If I find any good info I'll pass it your way.
Thanks, PeteOpps……That was John Miller a digital circuit designer wrong page in the rolodex.
Jim Miller is 805 934 3938 Sorry about that!
Brad

core attitude
10-07-2002, 03:40 PM
Good deal, I just spoke to him and got some great info. The control was mounted like that for about 8 months and then they moved it up later in the prodution run. My boat is # 268 out of 600 for its model etc. etc. I'm sending him pictures and he is going to tell me more about my particular boat, what's original whats not and so forth. Nice guy and very helpful. I am thinking of having him do the restoration of the gel and interior and am going to try to run the boat up to him so he can see it in person for the quote.
So much for the "River Beater" name I was going to give it! :)
Thanks again, Pete

miller19j
10-07-2002, 03:46 PM
Jim is going to do some scratch repair on mine in November. I think that he is a little expensive but seems to be a perfectionist and he is very passionate about his boats. That is why I decided to use him.
I did not know that they made 600 I am going to have to find out what number mine is! Is yours a 19?
He really is a nice guy and great to deal with.
Brad

core attitude
10-07-2002, 04:03 PM
Mine is a 19' but not a "Ski Jet". It was built before they changed. If you have the "SJ" in your HIN then you have a Ski Jet mine is out MLL192680576 meaning it is, 19', # 268 built, and certified in May of 76.
Pete

miller19j
10-08-2002, 07:16 AM
Mine is a Ski Jet, and my number is MLLSJ497M80A if they kept the same numbering scheme I think that would make mine number 497 I will have to ask Jim about that one.
Thanks for the info,
Brad

bikndad
10-08-2002, 06:41 PM
http://64.4.16.250/cgi-bin/getmsg/Tom_sBoat2.jpg?curmbox=F000000001&a=38f6c4465aa529f0c078240677087176&msg=MSG1034102607.63&start=123206&len=759867&mimepart=12&disk=64.4.16.69 _d285&login=bikndad&domain=hotmail.com&hm___sig=151d84f101c26f3de995b1dbb5f4b022d4a159aba 2c158b2

core attitude
10-08-2002, 07:07 PM
Try again bikndad, I wanna see your boat.
Pete

Miller Jet (Ford)
10-08-2002, 09:25 PM
Hey guys. Thats interesting info on the hull ID. My boats ID is MLL192030975. The guy I bought mine from relocated the control on the gunwale. Its been a great boat.

core attitude
10-08-2002, 09:37 PM
Any pictures Miller Jet (Ford)?

miller19j
10-09-2002, 07:27 AM
Are we posting pictures of our boats? Ok I am game for this……. :D
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/miller11.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/miller3.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/miller21.JPG

core attitude
10-09-2002, 07:58 AM
miller19j, your boat looks great! My trailer is the same, can you tell me how you keep your boat from bouncing off the front piece that secures the bow eye? Is there suppposed to be any padding on there? Mine is just metal and you can see where over time because of movement while towing it has taken its toll on the eye.
Pete

miller19j
10-09-2002, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the complement
I asked Jim about the bow eye mount last week. Apparently they had a piece of rubber there originally to protect the bow. I made a piece out of Nylon with a Rubber insert that goes over the metal plate to protect the bow. It extends about ½ an inch around it on all sides and is rounded so you cannot hit the metal when loading. If you get a little carried away when loading it just rubs along the side of the boat instead of gouging it. My bow eye is in good shape the rubber must keep the vibration down.
What do you think of the trailer? The floating trick is pretty cool isn’t it?

core attitude
10-09-2002, 09:03 AM
What do you think of the trailer? The floating trick is pretty cool isn?t it? You lost me with this one. My boat just arrived by truck last weekend. I had it trucked down from Davis and had only seen pictures before I bought it. I was going to put it in the water first thing but have been to busy at work to do so yet. The way it's going, I'll restore / redo it before I even get a chance to drive it. :)
Pete

miller19j
10-09-2002, 09:27 AM
core attitude:
What do you think of the trailer? The floating trick is pretty cool isn?t it? You lost me with this one. My boat just arrived by truck last weekend. I had it trucked down from Davis and had only seen pictures before I bought it. I was going to put it in the water first thing but have been to busy at work to do so yet. The way it's going, I'll restore / redo it before I even get a chance to drive it. :)
PeteWell when you put it in the water you will notice that the trailer floats. It is weird at first but it becomes really neat. When you put the boat back on the trailer it will be floating there at the ramp with the fenders out of the water. You just drive the boat between the fenders and the boat will guide it self onto the bunks as it pushes them down. I usually have my wife hold the trailer so it doesn’t walk (if you do not pay attention it will cruse around on you)
Miller trailers are the only floating trailers that I know of and when you get use to them they are really neat!

core attitude
10-09-2002, 10:02 AM
Interesting, do you know if that was intended in the design. I ran in to a guy a the river this year who had an aluminum triler that did the same thing and he mentioned the "walking".
Pete

miller19j
10-09-2002, 10:05 AM
As far as I know it was the intent. It makes it really easy to load and unload. You just have to remember that it will walk with the current.

bikndad
10-09-2002, 05:43 PM
I'm having trouble getting a picture in a post can some post some instructions?

homeblt86jet
10-09-2002, 06:24 PM
hey miller19, very nice looking boat i give that 5 stars :D :D :D

1HOTGMCJET
10-09-2002, 06:27 PM
bikndad:
I'm having trouble getting a picture in a post can some post some instructions?I posted a thread a while back that gave step by step directions for picture posting - I'll pull it back up for you.....Good Luck! :D

homeblt86jet
10-09-2002, 06:28 PM
i would rate you on your posts but you don't allow them.... i give you 5 stars any way.

core attitude
10-09-2002, 06:29 PM
bikndad, this link should help you out.
how to post a picture (http://free.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000682)
Pete

1HOTGMCJET
10-09-2002, 06:38 PM
homeblt86jet:
i would rate you on your posts but you don't allow them.... i give you 5 stars any way.Thanks a lot, homeblt - I just checked my profile and didn't see anything that said I don't allow ratings (it says I have 7 votes, whatever that means?) - what do I need to do to allow them? Or am I missing something? Thanks for any help you can provide! :D
[ October 09, 2002, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: 1HOTGMCJET ]

homeblt86jet
10-09-2002, 06:48 PM
there is a thread on it but i will try to let you know.... here we go....
pick a pic that you want to post, and post it on the meadia center, post in any catagory, just remember where you post it for exa.( media center, hot boat ,jets and post there.... then go back to that site and click to enlarge pic, right click, go to properties, copy "url" be sure to highlight with the mouse, better to start with the end and go backwards holding the left button down and go to the beggining, once it is all high lighted then right click again and go to properties, copy and then go to the forum that you want to post and in the message box right click" paste" then before the url put and then after the url address put and then post reply... and you should have it... im not a pro by far, thanks to some real cool guys on here they taught me how to do it also, so i will pass it on. hope that this helped
:D

homeblt86jet
10-09-2002, 06:53 PM
1hotgmcjet, i got ya that time, i gave you 5 stars

1HOTGMCJET
10-09-2002, 07:12 PM
Thanks, homeblt, just trying to do my best to help out when I can......much appreciated!

miller19j
10-10-2002, 06:42 AM
homeblt86jet:
i would rate you on your posts but you don't allow them.... i give you 5 stars any way.I lost one of my stars yesterday and decided to turn them off while I still had some. Its funny you try to help people out and someone comes along and takes one of your stars. Dam star muggers!

core attitude
10-10-2002, 06:56 AM
miller19j, do you know what is stock on your boat and what isn't? How about the engine cover and the thru hull exhaust? Was it built like that?
Pete

miller19j
10-10-2002, 08:37 AM
core attitude:
miller19j, do you know what is stock on your boat and what isn't? How about the engine cover and the thru hull exhaust? Was it built like that?
PeteThe engine cover seats and thru transom exhaust are original (with some small changes). They made two models of this boat one with a covered engine and thru transom exhaust and one with an open engine with OT Headers.
The seats and engine cover have been reupholstered and the air intake on the engine cover has been lifted to accommodate a Performer RPM intake manifold. It still has the original Log style exhaust.

Miller Jet (Ford)
10-12-2002, 09:00 PM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/1975_Miller_Jet_004.JPG

Miller Jet (Ford)
10-12-2002, 09:08 PM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/1975_Miller_Jet_005.JPG
This is my 75 Miller with 460 BBF. It has a 1050 Dominator carb., Victor Junior intake, Edel. aluminum heads, TRW 10.5-1 forged pistons, Msd 6ALN box with billet dist. locked out at 36 degrees. Jacuzzi WJ with enegizer kit, loading grate and hyd. place diverter.

Miller Jet (Ford)
10-12-2002, 09:16 PM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/1975_Miller_Jet_008.JPG
AND ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

core attitude
10-13-2002, 09:13 AM
Your boat looks great Miller Jet (Ford). How big are your fuel tanks? I would like to hold more then 20 gallons and have been looking at a way to add a little more capacity.
Thanks, Pete

565edge
10-13-2002, 04:22 PM
Miller Jet (Ford):
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/1975_Miller_Jet_008.JPG
AND ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Eric montgomery old boat,Hope you dont have a enginetech explosion like my motor.

Miller Jet (Ford)
10-13-2002, 05:06 PM
Yeah Curt at engine tech built the motor with the advice from my great buddy Eric Montgomery. I had to have it gone through after the first trip out after I wrote the check. I havent had any problems with it since.

miller19j
10-14-2002, 07:40 AM
Very nice looking boat! I see you are in Pismo do you ever go out to Lopez? We go there on Sunday afternoons sometimes. Small lake but nice and close.

Miller Jet (Ford)
10-14-2002, 07:19 PM
I usually go to Nacimiento or San Antonio. I've been to lopez a few times, but only to test the boat out after I put the new motor in it. The crowd there doesn't really appreciate the open headers.
The gas tanks are 10 gallons a piece. You could even go a little bigger if you wanted to. The guy I got the boat from bought them through Speedway Motors Inc. PH# 402-474-4411 if your interested.
So Allan G, who do you have doing your motor work? I thought you and Kurt were buds? When this thing blows up I need to find someone good to take it too. I'm going to do a 540 next time.

565edge
10-14-2002, 08:54 PM
miller(ford),we were good buddies,they built my old motor,15:1 comp 565 chevy,spun a bearing second trip out,short version of the story,it cost me $5000 to fix,The clearances were a little to tight!They basically ****ed me!Go to danny roslands performance in atascadero,he is the shit,my motor spun 7300rpm all day saturday,Danny and his dad use to race jetboats back in the day,he just did my buddies 572 chevy(another engine-tech motor),he found alot of problems in that motor too,give him a call,rosland put my motor back together and it runs sweet,later.

396_Z
10-14-2002, 09:57 PM
When I lived down there I always sent my shortblock to Clark Racing Engines and the heads to Steve Galloway at Engine Specialties in Goober Beach. I've never had an issue with anything I ever got from those guys and there reputations are impeccable.
Terry, the owner of Clark Racing Engines, moved to Chico, Ca last I heard and I don't know if Steve is still in buisness since I moved away in 97. If steve is still there I wouldn't let anyone else near my heads.

miller19j
10-15-2002, 08:02 AM
Miller Jet (Ford):
I usually go to Nacimiento or San Antonio. I've been to lopez a few times, but only to test the boat out after I put the new motor in it. The crowd there doesn't really appreciate the open headers.
The gas tanks are 10 gallons a piece. You could even go a little bigger if you wanted to. The guy I got the boat from bought them through Speedway Motors Inc. PH# 402-474-4411 if your interested.
So Allan G, who do you have doing your motor work? I thought you and Kurt were buds? When this thing blows up I need to find someone good to take it too. I'm going to do a 540 next time.I for one would love the sound of your open headers!
I go to San Antonio a lot too (just to far of a drive for an afternoon)I will keep an eye out for you. If you see me come on over I will buy you a beer. That invitation goes out to all of you guys

WETDAWG
10-18-2002, 12:10 PM
Hey CA,
Is a southwind The same as a Miller hahahahahaah
Thanks for stopping by ..Margie says next week it's lamb roast!! :D
Stay out of Jewlery stores until we talk again!
We may be going to AVI on the 15th of nov with our 6 year old...You up for it?
Let me know
Ted
[ October 18, 2002, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: WETDAWG ]

core attitude
10-18-2002, 05:14 PM
WETDAWG, I got my film back from last week....you might want to stay away from the lamb roast. :D
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Elvis.jpg_2.JPG
If I need to be there to hold you back from the table I'll be more then glad to help, just let me know when! :)
As for the Southwind...thats the noise that comes out the back of a Miller. :D Let me know about the 15th, I think we're up for it.
Pete
[ October 18, 2002, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: core attitude ]

Rubths
10-20-2002, 06:34 PM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/labor_day_11.JPG
Since we are posting pics.

mud duck
10-21-2002, 10:03 AM
Have you guys seen the 24ft V-drive Miller for sale out on ebay. I found it last night. Pretty sweet. I would like to know at what RPM it will do 70 MPH. :p

core attitude
10-21-2002, 11:39 AM
Rubths, Was that boat up for sale a little while back?
Pete

WETDAWG
10-22-2002, 03:05 PM
Pete,
Where did you get that picture of my neighbor, Mark! :D
Got you down for one of those fundraising books for my sons school. I am giving you 5 stars for having the guts to post that picture
How's Cindy? Lets all get together

core attitude
10-22-2002, 05:42 PM
WETDAWG,
I'll get that book ASAP, I've been buried with a new "Mickey Mouse" job if you know what I mean. :) What's the expiration date on those books anyway? Only being in town 4 days a week means I need to use one every day or so. :)
Cin's fine, and we are supposed to hit the river this weekend but we are waiting to hear about tickets for game 6. I'll keep you posted.
Pete

WETDAWG
10-25-2002, 08:40 PM
now you are the Dawg...If you go to game 6 without me...I'll just have to go to the river :D
Looks like a BBQ here at the palace with BB tahiti in a mont or so (gotta go back to NJ
you up? :D

core attitude
10-26-2002, 08:25 AM
Got jerked on game 6 but Superbowl here we come! As for a BBQ...I'm always up for food and I'm not afraid to show off my eating skills in front of others, just let me know when. Besides...my boat will probably still be in pieces in your garage, so I imagine I'll be there that night anyway. HAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA. Say hi to the girls! :)

Rubths
10-26-2002, 04:20 PM
core attitude:
Rubths, Was that boat up for sale a little while back?
PeteYa but I decided to keep it since I had to much into it with the new motor.