PDA

View Full Version : MPD

BrendellaJet
05-06-2003, 04:37 PM
Im going to bite the bullet and give my pump to Jack so he can work his magic.I was a little unsure of a Jacuzzi 12 WJ's ability to perform, but Jack said after he was through with it- it wouldnt be a problem. Went by his shop today and spent some time with him talking about my boat. Turns out that initially Brendella boats were a copy of Hondo boats. According to Jack, Irv Brendel owned Hondo, and when his wife caught him screwing around, she took Hondo and Irv took a couple of boats to make copies of. Just my luck, Jack had a Hondo T-deck in his shop that had an almost identical bottom to mine. He said with under 550HP, that boat did over 80. Im getting excited now. I am going to rework the delta pad on mine and set my pump back and hopefully that will do it!

MikeC
05-06-2003, 07:09 PM
You will not be disapointed!
Just listen and learn...............

BrendellaJet
05-06-2003, 07:37 PM
MikeC:
Just listen and learn............... No kidding. Not many are willing to give away their secrets for free. Jack and Barney are cool like that. Although, this wont be a freebie, the work will cost a pretty penny, but hes great with the input and instructions for the stuff I want to do myself.

beached 1
05-06-2003, 08:10 PM
MikeC:
Just listen and learn............... Ditto.
Jack and Kevin reworked the WJ on my old boat. The improvement was worth the $$. They are very cool and don't seem to mind all my stupid questions.

Cs19
05-06-2003, 08:21 PM
i have to agree , ive asked those guys about 5 million questions and they always take the time to help me out.dave is the same way. im p retty lucky to live so close to them.

Vern S
05-06-2003, 09:28 PM
I too have asked Jack numerous questions, he always takes the time to answer, very nice guy
Vern

HavasuDreamin'
05-07-2003, 01:20 PM
BrendellaJet
Although, this wont be a freebie, the work will cost a pretty penny. But it will be worth every penny spent. Good Luck and post some before and after numbers. :cool:

BrendellaJet
05-07-2003, 01:39 PM
well, I would like to post #s, but since the boat is apart right now, I dont think they will be comparable with all of the work that is being done. Last summer, after some timing adjustments, it would pull a little on my Bros wave runner(electronic speedo said 60ish?)My goal is to break 75, actually, I would like to do 80, but I want to be realistic too. Anything over 80 will be gravy. So with new power, set back and a pimp pump, I think thats pretty reasonable.
Dropped the pump off today. He is going to do so much work to this thing its scary. Stage 3 blueprint(front and back side of bowl/impeller, and weld up of bowl to allow use of berk nozzle/droop. Cut the intake for shoe and also a new ride plate, cost will be 2500 including a new droop, diverter, and a custom loader.
[ May 07, 2003, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: BrendellaJet ]

MAXIMUS
05-07-2003, 03:49 PM
Jack is good people!

77charger
05-07-2003, 03:52 PM
another satisfied custumer.

Jake W
05-07-2003, 06:34 PM
This is something cool about Jack he will give you advise and tell you what he thinks will make your boat faster and never in the conversation does he try to SELL you something.Jake

ChetCapoli
05-07-2003, 08:05 PM
BrendellaJet:
cost will be 2500 including a new droop, diverter, and a custom loader. I'd like to know how many guys out there won't bend over backwards and give you free advise when you spend $2500 with them. I'd really like to know! OUCH btw, brendella! :D
CHET

Jrocket
05-07-2003, 08:09 PM
Here we go...Chets here!!!
Give me a couple minutes to get another beer and some pop corn please.... :D

Cs19
05-07-2003, 08:33 PM
hey chet, im just curious, have you met jack mc before? or ever stopped by the shop? thanks

HBjet
05-07-2003, 09:23 PM
cs19:
hey chet, im just curious, have you met jack mc before? or ever stopped by the shop? thanks I can answer that. NO, and he won't even call him, but he sure can call him out!
Jack will give you good advice whether your spending 2500, 4000, or 50 bucks! Or nothing at all. Jack's only concern is making jets run fast, not fattening his wallet!
HBjet

78Eliminator
05-07-2003, 09:36 PM
HBjet:
cs19:
hey chet, im just curious, have you met jack mc before? or ever stopped by the shop? thanks I can answer that. NO, and he won't even call him, but he sure can call him out!
Jack will give you good advice whether your spending 2500, 4000, or 50 bucks! Or nothing at all. Jack's only concern is making jets run fast, not fattening his wallet!
HBjet Funny, some of the best machinists out there are not well off. Which kinda sucks in a way. They don't have the latest, greatest equiptment. Doesn't matter though. When you get a guy to do your stuff and you double check his work and it's dead nuts on, it's a feeling you can't put words to.

Cs19
05-07-2003, 10:04 PM
whats up hbjet i met you at mpd last time your boat was there and i was dropping mine off.check out the stuff jack made for me.im http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/409Dcp00485-med.jpg

HBjet
05-07-2003, 10:17 PM
Oh yeah! I remember now! Damn, that came out very nice! So, another year and you'll have your DNE motor between those motor plates, or will it be sooner? Dave should be done with mine next month!
HBjet

Cs19
05-07-2003, 10:45 PM
i hope it doesnt take that long. i just found a new block on sunday, waiting on a sonic check right now,if the block checks out ok, ill be at dne pretty soon talking about some different combinations. most of the hard work is done. anyways,soon enough. c ya.

Blown 472
05-08-2003, 04:30 AM
ChetCapoli:
BrendellaJet:
cost will be 2500 including a new droop, diverter, and a custom loader. I'd like to know how many guys out there won't bend over backwards and give you free advise when you spend $2500 with them. I'd really like to know! OUCH btw, brendella! :D
CHET Now that is funny, I have not spent any money with Jack in a while but if I have a question and I call and leave a message he will call me back on his dime to wisconsin to answer my question.
So, if you dont know him or have delt with him, shut the **** up.

BrendellaJet
05-08-2003, 05:31 AM
No Chet, actually most of the advice Jack gave me was before I told him that I would be dropping the pump off. Very forthcoming with the info, and a nice guy. Im sure there are others who try to do the same, and I know that Duane at Hi-tech is a good guy as well. However, MPD is nearby, so hes getting my cash. Considering what i have to work with(Jacuzzi) and the results Jack says I should get, I think 2500 is a bargain-keep in mind that includes diverter, controls, cables, droop and a trick new loader. When I blow past you on the river, you know it was 2500 well spent.

beached 1
05-08-2003, 06:18 AM
ChetCapoli:
BrendellaJet:
CHET He gave me free advice the very first time I called him right over the phone. I wanted to know why I couldn't get much results from my place diverter on my WJ. Since I had a lathe, he told me how much to cut off the bowl and far I should bore the nozzle out of it. He didn't have to do that. That was $$ he could have made from me.

Bow Tie Omega
05-08-2003, 11:34 AM
Chet, people like you iritate the hell out of me. A few choice words to keep you from looking like a jack ass in the future.......If you do not know something, then shut the **** up and listen ( I think that HB Jet would agree). You will go much farther in life living by that rule. And Chet, I wont even charge you for that little piece of advice

HotHallet
05-08-2003, 12:01 PM
I have to back you up on that last post Bow Tie Omega. What a jack ass!!!!

likeFATHERlikeSON3
05-08-2003, 02:56 PM
Where Is mpd at? thx lfls

Hustler
05-08-2003, 03:05 PM
MPD is located in Costa Mesa

King Kuracz
05-08-2003, 03:38 PM
Chet,
You know I used to think you were a somewhat entertaining asshole, But I was wrong.
You're just a plain old ordinary dick!
Jack has given his time and knowledge to me on the phone, knowing full well that I have never spent a dime in his shop, and that I'm not likley to for a while either. http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/161558/license_20030416224451_71664.jpg

FuelBoat2003
05-08-2003, 03:51 PM
SHET<--CHET--> THIS GUY IS A ****IN IDIOT !!!!!

King Kuracz
05-08-2003, 03:58 PM
Just enjoying my new toy!
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/161558/license_20030417114601_46484.jpg http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/161558/license_20030416224520_72662.jpg
[ May 08, 2003, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: King Kuracz ]

v-drive
05-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Chet, I won't beat you up any more. My son BTO has a lot on his mind and it looks like he just unloaded a whole truck full on you. I do have one comment though. Engage brain before starting tongue! :cool: v-drive

MikeC
05-08-2003, 09:55 PM
Mr. Chet, Let's see, I beleive it was said you are in the service biz yourself.
#1 - OK, when our Pepsi machine gets alittle warn out now and then, since those cans come a torpedoeing down day after day. Are we getting ripped off when they come in and just fix it? Should they be replaceing it with a new machine every time, oh yea, a better one?
#2 - If you could fix the vending machine and make it better than it was, even better than a brand new so called hi-tech digital version, should you make a living at it?
#3 - Do you feel good about yourself when you do a good job fixing em and your customer rant and rave about you to the other offices and bizez?
#4 - Do you think the manufactures would love you as well?
MikeC

Bow Tie Omega
05-09-2003, 04:12 AM
V-drive, what the hell was that????????????????? :confused:
[ May 09, 2003, 05:15 AM: Message edited by: Bow Tie Omega ]

v-drive
05-09-2003, 02:50 PM
Think my child think. :cool: v-drive

ChetCapoli
05-09-2003, 06:55 PM
WHOLLY SHIT!! you guys are unbelievable! I'm not around for a few days and this thread is booming. I'm so flattered! :D Just were in the hell am i slamming anyone?? Can you guys read??? I said 2500 was alot of money yes....not just at your shop, ANYWHERE for that work. I also would think if someone wants your business, whether it's now or later or once every blue moon, they would talk to you and give advice. You guys make it seem that it's a rare thing. :confused: If you guys would expand your horizons, you'd realize this.
Hey fuel throatcoat 03...what kind of boat you say your running???
CHET

Cs19
05-09-2003, 07:30 PM
I dont think i need to expand my horizons, ive seen all the socal jet shops work and no im not driving to B.F.E. to get some work done. ive also met them all. I dont think their work is as good as mpd. just my opinion. Ive also seen their race boats up close and perform, have you? There are very few jet shops doing the r&d and testing that jack and dave are doing RIGHT NOW instead of drinking beer and watching the laker game. i truly believe chet knows nothing about mpd/dne work.

77charger
05-09-2003, 08:30 PM
ChetCapoli:
WHOLLY SHIT!! you guys are unbelievable! I'm not around for a few days and this thread is booming. I'm so flattered! :D Just were in the hell am i slamming anyone?? Can you guys read??? I said 2500 was alot of money yes....not just at your shop, ANYWHERE for that work. I also would think if someone wants your business, whether it's now or later or once every blue moon, they would talk to you and give advice. You guys make it seem that it's a rare thing. :confused: If you guys would expand your horizons, you'd realize this.
Hey fuel throatcoat 03...what kind of boat you say your running???
CHET chet my buddy spent like 2500 bucks with jack recently alot was in parts.A BRONZE impeller to boot(sorry not aggressor buta heritage)Yes jack recomended it for his application he could have easily sold him a stanlss.Jack explained everything thouroghly with my friend.he gave jack the dyno sheet and he went to work end result was a 20 mph gain in mph as well as hard pullin acceleration.and not one complaint but hey that guy you recomended knows his stuff.
as for your friend slowy i am waitin did he say he dont come this way? Well marble falls is in august :D .I'll be there with a flatty 4 seats,ski tow,and no NOS or blower,all 427cid of BBC.
:D :D :

FuelBoat2003
05-09-2003, 08:49 PM
SHET----->A Ranger bass boat with 300 horse Evinrude 4 stroke V6 (fishin boat)
A Cole TR2 runner bottom with a 510 inch chevy (lake boat)
A Spectra v-driver daycruiser (wifes boat)
AND MY RBR/DEAVER HYDRO ShetHead

FuelBoat2003
05-09-2003, 08:52 PM
Ole Shet must be from Maine--->From: Northeast, USA

Windy
05-09-2003, 09:40 PM
ChetCapoli:
I also would think if someone wants your business, whether it's now or later or once every blue moon, they would talk to you and give advice.The rare thing Chet is Jack will talk to you whether you not you do any business. I'm not saying Jack doesn't want business, because he already works 7 days a week with ZERO advertisment. That's right ZERO. So I guess you can say Jack doesn't need anymore business then he has already, but people still come to him, and they wait whatever time they have to, just to get there work done by him. So, when Jack talks to someone giving advice, it's because he wants to help out jet boaters, not create more business. It just so happens that his honesty and first hand knowledge of jet boats is what brings in the customers. There is no showroom, no "Parts Counter" and no waiting room! The shop is from the front door all the way to the back door (which is actually the front door, since no one uses the one in the front) If you are ever in Socal, you should stop by there and check it out for yourself.
HBjet

Windy
05-09-2003, 09:41 PM
Damn........... posted under MissHBjet!

Cas
05-09-2003, 09:42 PM
this stuff cracks me up.....Chet can say "hi" and it causes a stir. Personally, I really didn't see anything he said as being detrimental.
Yes, Jack is very good and he's more than willing to answer questions, hell, I've even called and talked to him about my Panther. Although he admitted he didn't work with them he did give me his recommendations on cams to use. Up top of that, as others said, Jack is a real nice guy as is Duane, Walt, Greg, Tom, Jim, Dave and others I've spoken with.

Windy
05-09-2003, 09:46 PM
MissHBjet:
Damn........... posted under MissHBjet! What a tard :D

deputy63
05-10-2003, 04:35 PM
You guys crack me up. I can't wait to be a grown up ***boat.net member so that I can get in some of these arguments...HEHEHE! :D

jstwkd
05-12-2003, 11:38 AM
I called jack about three weeks ago and asked about setting my intake in the bottom of my boat. Never talked to him before and didnt spend a dime with him. He spent about 20-30 minutes with me while I wrote the instructions down on what to do.
Great guy Thanks again

ChetCapoli
05-12-2003, 03:00 PM
jstwkd:
He spent about 20-30 minutes with me while I wrote the instructions down on what to do.
Great guy Thanks again Let me know a guy who wouldnt do that who would EVER want your business...before, now or after ok?? Let me know if it's on HIS dime not yours and i just might be impressed.
CHET

King Kuracz
05-12-2003, 04:34 PM
That's right we all forgot. If someone doesn't have an 800 number they must not be worth a shit, right Chet?
Personally, If someone is going to spend time with me on the phone, the class thing to do would be to do it in my dime. But then,class is something you don't know much about http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/161558/license_20030416224520_72662.jpg , do you?

HBjet
05-12-2003, 08:11 PM
ChetCapoli:
jstwkd:
He spent about 20-30 minutes with me while I wrote the instructions down on what to do.
Great guy Thanks again Let me know a guy who wouldnt do that who would EVER want your business...before, now or after ok?? Let me know if it's on HIS dime not yours and i just might be impressed.
CHET I don't know what pump builder other then Jack that would allow me to call them up for the first time, talk for 30 minutes of how to do something I'm going to do myself because I don't want to spend the money to have a professional do it. If Jack wanted (needed) his money or business, he probably would have said it would be better if he got the boat, or that he would need to charge for tech time (like we do at my company, $115 per hour)
Chet, it just can't be possible that Jack just wanted to help out another jet boater could it? Jack just wants to rip people off, and he's doing a good job since just about everyone on the boards goes to him for there work/service/advice. Man, he sure has all of us fooled, but not you Chet! Not you...
HBjet

Cas
05-12-2003, 10:50 PM
HBjet
I don't know what pump builder other then Jack that would allow me to call them up for the first time, talk for 30 minutes of how to do something I'm going to do myself because I don't want to spend the money to have a professional do it.
HBjet [/QB]Sorry HB, I gotta disagree with you here. I've spoken with Duane at Hi-Tech, Jim at Performance Jet, Walt at Walt's Hot Boat Service, Steve at Panther, Greg Shoemaker and Dave at Aggresser for 30 minutes or more on more than one occasion each along with Jack.
All but one of them knew I wasn't going to spend money with them yet they all were more than happy to discuss jets, set-ups, differences, cam suggestions and more. Each of those guys are very knowledgable in what they do. Each may have a different opinion on something but they all know what they're talking about based on their experiences.
One of the LBBA club member's towed from Sacramento to Kansas last month. Duane hooked up his equipment and took the boat out for spin to get a baseline. After that he ended up having the hook taken out, set back the pump and installed a jet away. From there, he took the boat back to the lake along with a couple of different imellers, a droop, and his new "snoot" for some testing. While at the lake, he tried different set-ups to get the most performance. The Pumpkins ended up gaining 13 mph without any engine work. Personally, I don't know of ANY other builder that does that for just anyone that's not a racer. Maybe they do, I just haven't heard of any.

HBjet
05-12-2003, 11:23 PM
Cas, that's great that everyone has helped you, and that's good info for other boaters out there to know too. I was simply stating that I don't know of any that would give you step by step instructions on setting your pump back given you have never done any business, and this was your first call. If all of these other builder would sit on the phone for 30 minutes when they are the only on in the shop and give detailed instructions on doing a difficult modification, bitchin, that's great to know and I'm glad you have had some of this experience. This helps everyone reading this thread.
HBjet