PDA

View Full Version : check out my helmet

cyclone
10-14-2003, 09:30 AM
so i'm getting more safety conscious. But i didn't want a "stock" helmet. My buddy ToddNJUZZ got jiggy with his airbrush gun and turned my plane jane white helmet into this work of art.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45IMG_1434-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45IMG_1433-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45IMG_1432-med.JPG

Eric455
10-14-2003, 09:45 AM
NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE. that helmet looks off the hook dude. PM me his # so i can have him do some work on my camaro...... freakin awsome man, that guy has talent.
eric

Brodie
10-14-2003, 10:14 AM
dang. thats nice. how fast is you're boat?
i thoght it went like 85

AZKC
10-14-2003, 10:22 AM
Very nice :) Amazing what guys can lay down now a days.
KC

Windy
10-14-2003, 10:33 AM
Brodie:
i thoght it went like 85 Add 10 mph to that number...
That is bitchen Mike...I cant wait to see it in person...Love the blue wink

Brodie
10-14-2003, 10:44 AM
MissHBjet:
Brodie:
That is bitchen Mike...I cant wait to see it in person...Love the blue wink i dunno about you all but 95 will feel like 57 mph with a helmet
was the Lokie Lou driver wearing his when you raced at LL? :confused:
[ October 14, 2003, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: Brodie ]

cyclone
10-14-2003, 11:02 AM
Brodie:
MissHBjet:
Brodie:
That is bitchen Mike...I cant wait to see it in person...Love the blue wink i dunno about you all but 95 will feel like 57 mph with a helmet
I'd rather feel like i'm going 57mph than risk my life if something goes wrong.
was the Lokie Lou driver wearing his when you raced at LL? :confused: dont know who Lokie Lou is.

Jungle Boy
10-14-2003, 12:00 PM
That looks way to good :cool: . I'd like to get mine customized, but I wouldn't have a clue where to get it done up here. What does a paint job like that cost and does it effect the plastic any.

Rocket2003
10-14-2003, 12:03 PM
Looks way cool! Make sure you spend another $75.00 and get you some restraints!
A helmet is just like a Bucket, dropped in the water at 80mph! How strong is our necks anyway?

cyclone
10-14-2003, 12:05 PM
got the restraints for the helmet to hook up to my lifeline jacket.

HM
10-14-2003, 12:15 PM
Jungle Boy:
That looks way to good :cool: . I'd like to get mine customized, but I wouldn't have a clue where to get it done up here. What does a paint job like that cost and does it effect the plastic any. I can tell you that any modifications to a helmet, including painting, will release the helmet mfg'er of any liability. Almost every helmet I have seen has a warning against painting and other mod's. The reason is the OEM coating has been safety tested - now that does not mean that it is any safer, just that it has been tested and passes the ANSI or Shnell tests.

Jet Hydro
10-14-2003, 12:39 PM
HolyMoly:
Jungle Boy:
That looks way to good :cool: . I'd like to get mine customized, but I wouldn't have a clue where to get it done up here. What does a paint job like that cost and does it effect the plastic any. I can tell you that any modifications to a helmet, including painting, will release the helmet mfg'er of any liability. Almost every helmet I have seen has a warning against painting and other mod's. The reason is the OEM coating has been safety tested - now that does not mean that it is any safer, just that it has been tested and passes the ANSI or Shnell tests. I don't know of ANY helmet that comes with a liability policy or a warranty of any kind?
Look`s nice!
I`ll have to post some pic of my new helmet that we did at my sign shop. It`s all done in vinyl.

Old Guy
10-14-2003, 01:56 PM
A friend of mine does this stuff for a lot of NASCAR drivers. The drivers order the helmet they want from the manufacturer. The manufacturer sends the helmet to Phoenix and they do the "painting". I think the prices start around $4K (does not include the cost of the helmet). The "mass produced" helmets he does for the pit crews cost a lot less. His customer list is pretty impressive.
I'm sure that whatever he's putting on the helmets does not compromise the strength and integrity in any way. He works directly with the helmet manufacturers.
http://www.phoenixsign-design.com/

cyclone
10-14-2003, 02:48 PM
$4,000 to paint a helmet? that sh%t better be gold plated too for that kind of money. :D

HM
10-14-2003, 03:02 PM
Jet Hydro:
HolyMoly:
Jungle Boy:
That looks way to good :cool: . I'd like to get mine customized, but I wouldn't have a clue where to get it done up here. What does a paint job like that cost and does it effect the plastic any. I can tell you that any modifications to a helmet, including painting, will release the helmet mfg'er of any liability. Almost every helmet I have seen has a warning against painting and other mod's. The reason is the OEM coating has been safety tested - now that does not mean that it is any safer, just that it has been tested and passes the ANSI or Shnell tests. I don't know of ANY helmet that comes with a liability policy or a warranty of any kind?
Look`s nice!
I`ll have to post some pic of my new helmet that we did at my sign shop. It`s all done in vinyl. All mfg's have liability against defects - and many cover themselves with a policy called product liability insurance. This is especially true with safety equipment. I wouldn't expect you to know this, JETHRO. This is not liability or a warranty on safety - it is liability and a warranty against defects. Every mfg'r has this liability regardless of what their "company policy" is or whether or not they have product liability insurance. Anyone mfg'ing safety equipment without product liability insurance is playing with complete financial disaster.
Anyways, anyone who has bought a NEW helmet in the past 10 years and actually read some of the paper work that is in the box, will read this - assuming you know how to read. My Arai helmet actually has this warning inside the helmet.
Jethro, please do some homework before opening your pie hole again....this is a legal issue and not your 12 second hydro. Just making people aware of the legal implications. Capice?

HM
10-14-2003, 03:17 PM
Old Guy:
I'm sure that whatever he's putting on the helmets does not compromise the strength and integrity in any way. He works directly with the helmet manufacturers.
http://www.phoenixsign-design.com/ Like I said, painting them does not mean they are less safe - but just that they have not been tested. Just like Troy Lee, I am sure this guy in Phoenix is using OEM grade paints that have been tested (since you said he works directly with the helmet mfg'ing companies) - and therefore they do not eliminate the helmet mfg's product liability, and they do not pickup any undo product liability in the process.
Strength and integrity are only parts of the safety tests. Slip/friction coefficient is another. There are specific tests for this.

hboldno7
10-14-2003, 03:18 PM
Holy Moly Layin the smack down

Bense468
10-14-2003, 04:24 PM
Cyclone
Do you reconize it the lookie lou boat now. You should.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/103PA120852-1.jpg
[ October 14, 2003, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Bense468 ]

Infomaniac
10-14-2003, 06:15 PM
No more listening to the engine to help you drive. It sucks to drive like that.
[ October 14, 2003, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

Cs19
10-14-2003, 06:38 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2805dave94a.jpg WTF is that brodie? i will pay for the hair cut man.Anyway, afer all the shit you talk in your first 60 posts, I hope your boat runs really hard man.
[ October 14, 2003, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: cs19 ]

Jake W
10-14-2003, 06:52 PM
CS 19 I am sure it is a second name for some one.Mabey Mike Oxbig and Jimmy Jim Jam Jim are his brothers too.
Though they do have the best Avatars ,you guys are the shit! :rolleyes:
Cyclone nice brain bucket I hope you never need it.
Jake :D

BGMAN203
10-14-2003, 09:04 PM
Nice helmet Mike, nice job my nigga Todd!!! looks like i am going to have to have a mural (sp?) done on my tail gate with that airbrush :D
I don't even think brodie has a boat??

Jet Hydro
10-15-2003, 07:16 AM
HolyMoly
Yea I cant read wink Can you? If you can, help me read this please.
This is put on every peace of safety equipment that I`v ever seen. It`s put on there for people like you that are sue happy! I bet your even one of the one`s that called Bill Simpson when D. E. got killed at Daytona. People like you are what`s making it harder to get racing/show Insurance.
"Yes" you shouldn't sand and paint any helmet but you only have the right to a new helmet if you can find defects before you get killed. NO helmet can protect against all foreseeable impacts. The purpose is to reduce the severity and frequency of head injury`s. So in short "your on your own!"
I know a lot of mfg'r as I deal with them all the time and yes they do have product liability insurance and BIG powerful Attorneys for people like you. Get killed and see how far your law suite goes, they can prove that you weren't doing something right. Personal Injuries are just that when it comes to racing!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/208P1010593-med.JPG
Anyway here`s my new helmet.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/208P1010594-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/208P1010596-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/208P1010597-med.JPG
I wanted to keep it simple unlike my old helmet
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/208P1010600-med.JPG
[ October 15, 2003, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: Jet Hydro ]

Jordy
10-15-2003, 07:37 AM
Nice carb cover. :D :D :D

beached 1
10-15-2003, 07:59 AM
that helmet looks sweet.
I get all mine painted from a place called Blowsion. They do some pretty nice work.
here's mine
http://www.beached1.homestead.com/files/Gerrit_VFXR2.jpg
Like I always tell the wife,
"I'm always in last place, so I got to at least look good."

cyclone
10-15-2003, 08:01 AM
Bense468:
Cyclone
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/103PA120852-1.jpg oh i remember that guy now. Him and his buddy wouldn't talk to me or even make eye contact on the water. i gotta get me a pit crew too. :D

cyclone
10-15-2003, 08:01 AM
beached 1:
that helmet looks sweet.
I get all mine painted from a place called Blowsion. They do some pretty nice work.
here's mine
http://www.beached1.homestead.com/files/Gerrit_VFXR2.jpg
i dig the metalflake!! that is rad.
Like I always tell the wife,
"I'm always in last place, so I got to at least look good."

HavasuBarney
10-15-2003, 08:07 AM
Helmet looks killer Todd, great job! :) :)
Seems like it might be to late though... It's pretty obvious that Mike's brain has been damaged for some time, he should have been wearing a helmet before the blow that caused him to think jet boats are fast.... :D
Seems to me like the damage is done... :p

Bense468
10-15-2003, 08:11 AM
cyclone:
Bense468:
Cyclone
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/103PA120852-1.jpg oh i remember that guy now. Him and his buddy wouldn't talk to me or even make eye contact on the water. i gotta get me a pit crew too. :D The only person I saw there was his dad. He was standing right next to me(up on the cliffs) when you guys were running. He might have had a buddy somewhere down on the ramp or something that I didn't see. As far as them not talking to you, I doubt it was intentional. I would have to bet that he was too interested in running the other flat that was there that looked like his. The whole pit crew thing is going a little too far. I know they are a father and son team and take pride in the boat. Which I think is good.
[ October 15, 2003, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Bense468 ]

Blown 472
10-15-2003, 08:14 AM
Sure looks like an asshander.

Bense468
10-15-2003, 08:18 AM
It runs hard. A very nice hondo.
[ October 15, 2003, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: Bense468 ]

Bense468
10-15-2003, 08:18 AM
sorry double post.
[ October 15, 2003, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: Bense468 ]

Jet Hydro
10-15-2003, 08:28 AM
jordanpaulk:
Nice carb cover. :D :D :D It works well in rollover testing but I`m sure it voided the mfg`s product warranty as it`s not OEM wink :D
[ October 15, 2003, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: Jet Hydro ]

HM
10-15-2003, 08:31 AM
Jet Hydro:
HolyMoly
This is put on every peace of safety equipment that I`v ever seen. It`s put on there for people like you that are sue happy! I bet your even one of the one`s that called Bill Simpson when D. E. got killed at Daytona. People like you are what`s making it harder to get racing/show Insurance.
"Yes" you shouldn't sand and paint any helmet but you only have the right to a new helmet if you can find defects before you get killed. NO helmet can protect against all foreseeable impacts. The purpose is to reduce the severity and frequency of head injury`s. So in short "your on your own!"
I know a lot of mfg'r as I deal with them all the time and yes they do have product liability insurance and BIG powerful Attorneys for people like you. Get killed and see how far your law suite goes, they can prove that you weren't doing something right. Personal Injuries are just that when it comes to racing!
Jethro,
you are such a f'ing tool!!
No wonder you are so loved on here!
They ruined a perfectly good sphincter when they put teeth in your mouth - granted, not a full set of toofuses.(stole that from Kimmy)
Why don't you back down once in a while when you get caught running your mouth in areas you have no clue. You think I am sue happy? That is funny you focking tard.
Shit heads like you are so humorous - you backtrack on everything you say and try to make it look like you knew what you were talking about. Then you try to say that I am sue happy because I am educated on the subjet.
Again, you f'ing tool.
Why don't you leave a big note about how you are leaving ***boat (again) to never come back. But please - start the thread off with "Goodbye cruel world (AKA Hot Boat Forums)."
<==========HolyMoly just shaking his head at this useless tool. :rolleyes:
Sorry Cyclone for jacking your thread on your bitchen helmet - I am not sure why I even waste my time on dickless Jethro - ignorance of that magnitude is amazing.

Jet Hydro
10-15-2003, 08:43 AM
HolyMoly:
Jet Hydro:
HolyMoly
Jethro,
They ruined a perfectly good sphincter when they put teeth in your mouth - granted, not a full set of toofuses.(stole that from Kimmy)
Why don't you back down once in a while when you get caught running your mouth in areas you have no clue. You think I am sue happy? That is funny you focking tard.
Shit heads like you are so humorous - you backtrack on everything you say and try to make it look like you knew what you were talking about. Then you try to say that I am sue happy because I am educated on the subjet.
Again, you f'ing tool.
Why don't you leave a big note about how you are leaving ***boat (again) to never come back. But please - start the thread off with "Goodbye cruel world (AKA Hot Boat Forums)."
Sorry Cyclone for jacking your thread on your bitchen helmet - I am not sure why I even waste my time on dickless Jethro - ignorance of that magnitude is amazing. What????? Is that the best you can come up with?
So I take it that you read the Warning that`s on the Helmet box...lol... :p :D

TRG
10-15-2003, 08:53 AM
thanks guys for the kind words , my boss bought me a killer airbrush system and ive been airbrushing the shit out of everything!!!toilet seats, bowling pins, helmets, im actualypainting a VW manx sand dragster, when its done i'll post pics!! everyone in my family wants a toilet seat for x-mas,...so it looks like im getting busy again!!woo-hoo!!

cyclone
10-15-2003, 08:56 AM
HavasuBarney:
Helmet looks killer Todd, great job! :) :)
Seems like it might be to late though... It's pretty obvious that Mike's brain has been damaged for some time, he should have been wearing a helmet before the blow that caused him to think jet boats are fast.... :D
Seems to me like the damage is done... :p always good to hear advice from a knowledgeable wacka lover! You coming to op6 barn?

BGMAN203
10-15-2003, 08:58 AM
toddnjuzz:
thanks guys for the kind words , my boss bought me a killer airbrush system and ive been airbrushing the shit out of everything!!!toilet seats, bowling pins, helmets, im actualypainting a VW manx sand dragster, when its done i'll post pics!! everyone in my family wants a toilet seat for x-mas,...so it looks like im getting busy again!!woo-hoo!! Don't forget my toilet seat!! Oh wait remember I wanted the whole bowl done!! So when ya coming over?? :D

cyclone
10-15-2003, 09:03 AM
Jet Hydro:
HolyMoly:
Jet Hydro:
HolyMoly
Jethro,
Again, you f'ing tool.
Sorry Cyclone for jacking your thread on your bitchen helmet - I am not sure why I even waste my time on dickless Jethro - ignorance of that magnitude is amazing. What????? Is that the best you can come up with?
So I take it that you read the Warning that`s on the Helmet box...lol... :p :D hey thread hijackers. lets get back to talking about how cool my helmet is ok? :D

TRG
10-15-2003, 09:04 AM
oh dont you worry there "B" ive got somethin cookin' for your lil shitter!!! im goin theme!!!

cyclone
10-15-2003, 09:08 AM
what'r you doing online Tizzod?

HM
10-15-2003, 09:16 AM
What????? Is that the best you can come up with?
So I take it that you read the Warning that`s on the Helmet box...lol...
That is funny...that is like the knight in the Holy Grail, who had both his arms and legs cut off claiming it was only a flesh wound!! What now, you gonna try to bite my ankles?!?
Come on over here Jethro, I am only a rabbit. wink
Back to topic at hand...nice Helmet. Don't spend too much time polishing, because too much of that stuff will make you go blind! smile_sp
Hey Cyclone, atleast I did not SpamJack this thread! :D

TRG
10-15-2003, 09:18 AM
my boss did'nt have "shizzle" fo me to do!!so i came home to work on the manx and the plates we were talking about!! can you play "hookie"?

HM
10-15-2003, 09:22 AM
http://the909.com/images/rr1assclown2.jpg
Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p

TRG
10-15-2003, 09:25 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/662garry1-med.JPG
juzz asked me to hook her up with "the shitter lid" but chikkie style with a bit of that island stylie!

cyclone
10-15-2003, 09:29 AM
toddnjuzz:
my boss did'nt have "shizzle" fo me to do!!so i came home to work on the manx and the plates we were talking about!! can you play "hookie"? ill call ya. i can help out later on today. i'm swamped for now.

HavasuBarney
10-15-2003, 09:31 AM
No OP6 for me this time.
I'll be leaving for CA this afternoon and won't be back until Sunday.
I know what you're thinking and I'll deny it to the end, I'm not scared because some fast jetters with cool helmets are coming to town so I'm not going into hiding!
:D :D

Windy
10-15-2003, 09:50 AM
Jet Hydro:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/208P1010600-med.JPG jordanpaulk:
Nice carb cover. :D :D :D LMAO :D

cyclone
10-15-2003, 09:50 AM
HavasuBarney:
No OP6 for me this time.
I'll be leaving for CA this afternoon and won't be back until Sunday.
I know what you're thinking and I'll deny it to the end, I'm not scared because some fast jetters with cool helmets are coming to town so I'm not going into hiding!
:D :D well since you talk about racing me soooo much....I'm calling you a punk for not showing up to op6 no matter what your excuse it! eek!

TRG
10-15-2003, 10:02 AM
OOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! barn,... you gonna just let him do that to you?
barn,.."change of plans"?

HavasuBarney
10-15-2003, 11:02 AM
Unable to change my plans this time.
I guess the score is even then, you punked out last OP6, I punked out this OP6.
I'll look forward to our rubber match!

Bense468
10-15-2003, 01:58 PM
todd
that is some nice airbrush work.

cyclone
10-15-2003, 02:29 PM
HavasuBarney:
I'll look forward to our rubber match! i was at the last op6. oh wait your right, i didnt want to race in the middle of the ocean.I guess puttin' 3 cracks in my hull just getting to the party was enough for me. damn i'm such a sucker. lol someday we'll settle this mr. barney and then we'll have a beer on you. :D

Squirtcha?
10-15-2003, 02:34 PM
HavasuBarney:
I'll look forward to our rubber match! There's always the outboard spanking party (OBSP) next spring eh Barn?
[ October 15, 2003, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

cyclone
10-15-2003, 02:36 PM
when is that shindig happening andhow fast do i need to be to take that chicken from Uncle Tony?

Raskal
10-17-2003, 08:03 PM
toddnjuzz:
thanks guys for the kind words , my boss bought me a killer airbrush system and ive been airbrushing the shit out of everything!!!toilet seats, bowling pins, helmets, im actualypainting a VW manx sand dragster, when its done i'll post pics!! everyone in my family wants a toilet seat for x-mas,...so it looks like im getting busy again!!woo-hoo!! i realy want to see the pics of the manx .i just got a buggy .man those thigs are a blast .i want to paint mine lime green .my buddy is getting ready to build me a cage for it
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/158PA090419-med.JPG

Raskal
10-17-2003, 08:04 PM
oh yah the helment looks killer .great job

TRG
10-18-2003, 08:20 PM
raskal,... trip out, i just completed a job on a Manx for a guy in chino!! house of color's "tanjalo pearl" with purple fantom flames!! came out alright!! my buddy has a mold for one of the more popular cars,...kickin' around the idea, dont know yet!!

Duke
10-18-2003, 10:34 PM
Todd, thats some sick ass airbrush work!
wish i had something you could paint...
duke(thikning about buying a helmet for his 50mph boat)

LVjetboy
10-19-2003, 12:09 AM
Here Barney Barney. No cool helmet are you scared yet? Just another 60, 70, 80 whatever mph jet...
jer