PDA

View Full Version : Builder's histories

BBTAHITI
09-07-2002, 06:40 AM
With the ***boat boards having the most collective knowledge about classic boat builders, I'd like to invite everyone to join in and help piece together the history of our sport. I have been putting together the puzzle of what manufacturers I could (I wore out the search button) but there are many others that I KNOW you guys have first hand knowledge of.
So, join in or email me with what you can remember about your favorites. We won't be around forever, and once we're gone the only history left may be what was written here! Names, dates, models, you name it!

Heatseeker
09-07-2002, 01:31 PM
There's one guy who can really fill alot of gaps in ***boat history: Old Rigger.
He's worked with some of the best in the industry. I'm sure he'll pop in here sometime soon.
What are you going to do with all the info once you gather it up? Web Site, book, what?

BBTAHITI
09-07-2002, 02:05 PM
Heatseeker:
There's one guy who can really fill alot of gaps in ***boat history: Old Rigger.
He's worked with some of the best in the industry. I'm sure he'll pop in here sometime soon.
What are you going to do with all the info once you gather it up? Web Site, book, what?Heatseeker,
I'm hardly a author! I have been speaking with Old Rigger and the knowledge (and toys) he has is incredible! What I get here, I am putting on a website as kind of a value added feature, but also a way to give back to the sport and preserve what we take for granted today. Old Rigger has given alot of what he knows here, but there are others that know about other builders. Jack, are you there? I am contacting others offline for additional info also. I don't know that what I put together will be the definitive history, but at the very least it will be informative and amusing. With the way this industry is, how could it NOT be amusing?
You'll see what form a lot of this takes on Oct 1. Until then, I appreciate all the help many of you have given me, and look forward to being able to pay it back in my own way!
BBT

Heatseeker
09-07-2002, 03:13 PM
BB, A website will be cool. It would really be cool to have all that info in one place and accessible. As it stands now, if you're lucky, you might find bits and pieces on the web.
Go for it
and
Good luck!