PDA

View Full Version : Am I a member yet?

Danhercules
05-06-2003, 08:30 PM
Well, I think I am. I just got "the talk" with the wife. "Why are you always working on that boat!" "You spend too much time on it. There is other stuff to do!" Well, I think I am offical!! :D

05-06-2003, 08:55 PM
No, you'll be a member when your wife brings you beer when you are working on your boat and she'll bring you a cocktail when the work is done. She will help you drop your engine in because you need an extra pair of hands to line things up. She can back the trailer in better than most guys. She will hold the boat away from the dock so that your paint/gelcoat won't get dinged. When your wife won't bitch when you build a shop bigger than the house you both live in, then and only then you are a member and your wife is a keeper. Tell your wife when you are in the garage she will always know where you are, you could be down at the local gin mill talking to [hustling] that new good looking cocktail waitress with the big tits and checking out the local talent. :D :D :D
[ May 06, 2003, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: 058 ]

cal***boat
05-06-2003, 09:09 PM
058:
No, you'll be a member when your wife brings you beer when you are working on your boat and she'll bring you a cocktail when the work is done. She will help you drop your engine in because you need an extra pair of hands to line things up. She can back the trailer in better than most guys. She will hold the boat away from the dock so that your paint/gelcoat won't get dinged. When your wife won't bitch when you build a shop bigger than the house you both live in, then and only then you are a member and your wife is a keeper. Tell your wife when you are in the garage she will always know where you are, you could be down at the local gin mill talking to [hustling] that new good looking cocktail waitress with the big tits and checking out the local talent. :D :D :D Very True I guess that means I've been a member for a long time

Sangster
05-06-2003, 09:09 PM
The difference between the Boat & the Wife is..The Boat Don't Bitch about the Wife...... wink
[ May 06, 2003, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

clownpuncher
05-06-2003, 09:24 PM
Mine just approved a home (aka TRAILER) at the river!!. Don't know where, but who cares. It's been approved! Sweeeet!
[ May 06, 2003, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: clownpuncher ]

Danhercules
05-07-2003, 08:46 PM
Ok. I was a little hard. There is a lot of stuff to do around the house. She wants her back yard done. I have been on the boat non stop getting ready for the season. She has no problem helping me or gettin the beers. She like to ger her hands dirty. Hell, she changes the oil sometimes!!!! I was just a little pissed off she was griping about workin on the boat. She will like it when its time to head out!!!!

05-08-2003, 12:08 PM
OK...your a member now. :D

HotHallet
05-08-2003, 12:15 PM
Dan - I know how you feel. My ol' lady had to put up with my extensive trailer project all winter long. "Are you ever going to be not working on something". She finally got over it and has had a blast on both of the last two trips. It's funny how they don't complain when it is time to go to the river. What most of them don't understand is you can't just pull the cover back after the boat has sat all winter and tow it 330 miles and put it in the water. Trouble free and fun weekends require maintenance. In your case with a new to you boat you have to know what you have before you go out and play and this is the time to do it before you have a ton of trips scheduled and no time to wrench.

THE BOSTON SIDEWINDER
06-14-2003, 07:20 AM
WHEN MY WIFE ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED FOR DAD'S DAY TOMORROW I SAID A SOLID 8 HRS OF WORK ON THE BOAT TO FINISH IT UP TO LAUNCH IT. IT SEEMS LIKE THIS YEAR IS A LATER LAUNCH THAN LAST YEAR WHICH SEEMED WAYYYY TO LATE...BILL.

Raskal
06-14-2003, 08:46 AM
yah i get the same shit about time with the boat and in the garage but owell .dose it count if my kids bring me my beer :D
hay dan where do you live in norco? by what .it seems like theres alot of peeps from around here .i live over by the high school
[ June 14, 2003, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: Raskal ]

oldphart
06-14-2003, 02:31 PM
I've got just the opposite problem. When its 105 out the old lady is always trying to get me out of her (airconditioned) house and into the (hotter than Hell) shop!

Danhercules
06-15-2003, 05:13 PM
Raskal:
yah i get the same shit about time with the boat and in the garage but owell .dose it count if my kids bring me my beer :D
hay dan where do you live in norco? by what .it seems like theres alot of peeps from around here .i live over by the high school I live on Vine. Off of Corydon and River.
Are you going to the CBBB? If so, when are you leaving?