PDA

View Full Version : pump problems in dallas/fort worth

txboatnut
05-27-2002, 07:19 PM
Got a 1976 Taylor SS and went out a few weeks ago. I could feel some kind of viberation at idle but not at wot. Anyway I loaned to a friend and told him before he took it ou to grease everything. Now after running the motor for about 15 seconds or so the something makes the worst noise. So come to find out my "buddy" put a whole tube of grease in the zerk fitting at the front of the pump. I think the pump is a je( the clean out is outside the boat). So I think my pump needs to be rebuilt. Is there a shop any one would recomend in Dallsa or Fort Worth Texas. I was thinking about taking it to Mike's down in Houstoun but did not want to drive that far. Thanks for the help.

Wet Dream
05-27-2002, 07:23 PM
I don't know that over greasing would create problems, but I will offer this advice...
NEVER let a friend use your boat!!!!

Taylorman
05-27-2002, 07:28 PM
Post a picture of your taylor. I also have a 76 Taylor SS.

Big-Tex
05-28-2002, 03:31 AM
Check your email.

matt1
05-28-2002, 10:15 AM
Taylorman you have a 76 SJ not a SS

TX19
05-28-2002, 03:50 PM
I use Mr. Marine in Belton, about 45 minutes south of Waco on IH 35 for all my pump work. This would be a bit closer than Houston. Shop owner is Mike Edwards and son Kevin. Mike held single carbureted jet boat record several years ago and knows his pumps.
...just my 2 cents worth on what works for me.

txboatnut
05-28-2002, 05:09 PM
Wetdream,
I kinda had to let him use it I owe him money http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
Taylorman,
I do not have any yet but hope to get some soon. It is nothing fancy but seems good and solid.
Big Tex,
checked mail and thanks for the help.
Tx19,
Have you got a number for them? Thanks for the info. I know right where Belton is. Used to spend my summers there. I live over by Stillhouse Hollow.
Also thanks to every one for replying.