PDA

View Full Version : Does your Auto Insurance company......

HMF'er
03-10-2006, 01:29 PM
...cover your lifted truck?
Shopping for a quote recently and find out that some companies won't insure a vehicle with a suspension that's been modified from the original design. Now, I'm afraid to ask my current insurance company if I'm covered.
If you happen to know you're covered, who are you using??

pixilatedpussy
03-10-2006, 01:33 PM
...cover your lifted truck?
Shopping for a quote recently and find out that some companies won't insure a vehicle with a suspension that's been modified from the original design. Now, I'm afraid to ask my current insurance company if I'm covered.
If you happen to know you're covered, who are you using??
You have to up your coverage for anything aftermarket. :cool: Both my truck & the hubby's are modified...so up went the ins coverage.
Sad to say many people dont know that & then they come to our shop with a heavy hit....& well.............NO COVERAGE!

MAINEVENT
03-10-2006, 01:34 PM
Cole Trickle here on HB send him a PM he cut my premium in half and was all done over the phone...

djunkie
03-10-2006, 01:37 PM
I have my cars and my boat all insurred with AAA. When I brought the boat over to them so they could look at it the guy noticed my truck was lifted and tld me he needed to change my coverage so that I'd be covered. Can't remember how much extra it was but it wasn't much. And luckily I only had 35" tires on it cause he said he couldn't do it if they were any bigger. Thats why my new truck is staying stock height. :rollside:

Restless22
03-10-2006, 01:37 PM
AAA Covers my Ford. Mrs. Restless has the hook up. I guess I am partial

Hardly Satisfied
03-10-2006, 02:21 PM
state farm for everything i have

socalmofo
03-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Those bastards at Mercury are chargin me an extra $50/month for having the hooptie lifted.
2001 1500 2wd chevy on 35's

HMF'er
03-10-2006, 02:46 PM
Cole Trickle here on HB send him a PM he cut my premium in half and was all done over the phone...
Will do.
Any others on here sell auto insurance??

voodoomedman
03-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Those bastards at Mercury are chargin me an extra $50/month for having the hooptie lifted.
2001 1500 2wd chevy on 35's
I have Mercury and I just signed a waiver stating that the cost of the aftermarket stuff was not covered. My truck is covered just not the extra money on the suspension. The way I see it is the difference between what they would pay for replacement oem shocks and rims and all that crap and what it costs for aftermarket stuff is not going to be much. And that is if your suspension got wrecked anyway. Besides they don't look at it. They send you to a shop and they fix it. I'm sure they will just write up the charges to the insurance. Besides that I don't get into any accidents so I only have to worry if the truck is stolen but it's almost always garaged and when I use it then it's for fun so I'm close to it. Except while on the lake but the thiefs have plenty to chose from there. Just depends on your situation I guess.

99 232 baja
03-11-2006, 06:10 AM
I went from State Farm to GMAC insurance and saved over $1400.00 a year.