PDA

View Full Version : Carbon fiber valve covers

Omega21
06-14-2003, 09:11 AM
Who was the one making these? Seems to me he had a set for a Hemi he got some serious $$$ out of. Wanted to ask a couple of questions.
Todd

oldphart
06-15-2003, 07:29 PM
from the name I assume you have a 21' omega. I too have one of those old ugly heavy day cruisers. Mine has a new 514 Ford and Jacuzzi WJ with a B impeller. After 2 years of restoration this money pit should hit the water at CFW next Saturday. Whats the specs on yours? How does it run?

Omega21
06-15-2003, 10:23 PM
hehehe..yep. I'll shoot the story behind it into your e-mail. It'll give you something to read for a little bit :-)
Todd

Cas
06-15-2003, 11:45 PM
oldphart,
Since you're close, are you going to join us for the 3rd Annual Tower Park Run?
Todd,
I also remembering seeing something about that but can't remember who it was?

ssmike
06-16-2003, 01:21 PM
Omega21:
Who was the one making these? Seems to me he had a set for a Hemi he got some serious $$$ out of. Wanted to ask a couple of questions.
Todd I think it was Kurtis500 that made those.....just do a search for carbon fiber

Omega21
06-16-2003, 08:20 PM
I did do a search, and the oldest post that came up was a thread about guages in November of last year. I'm thinking the carbon fiber valve covers were last summer or so...
Todd

ssmike
06-16-2003, 08:24 PM
Omega21:
I did do a search, and the oldest post that came up was a thread about guages in November of last year. I'm thinking the carbon fiber valve covers were last summer or so...
Todd OK, I just looked in the V-Drive forum only....search for "Kurtis500"
That is his name.......I'm sure of it

superdave013
06-17-2003, 04:24 AM
ssmike:
Omega21:
Todd OK, I just looked in the V-Drive forum only....search for "Kurtis500"
That is his name.......I'm sure of it Yep, he the guy. I keep telling him that if he made some for a BBC that would clear water jacketed headers he would sell shit loads of 'em.
Right now he only makes them for the 392 hemis.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/PB270019.JPG

Omega21
06-17-2003, 09:13 AM
That's them! I wonder why the 'carbon fiber' search didn't turn them up?? Oh well, ssmike to the rescue!
You're right about making those for a BBC, and the Oldsmobile too. He'd make sh*tloads of dough off of them.
Todd