PDA

View Full Version : Got the new boat wet

Jungle Boy
05-04-2003, 07:20 AM
Well, after much waiting and wondering, I got the new ride in the water yesterday (in the snow and
-3C). Not the best days for boating. I got 94.2 MPH with no adjustments. This is turning the "A" impeller at about 5300 RPM, though Power-flow exhaust and a muffler. We are planning to put a "B" in it this week and try to get the motor up to 5600 RPM, where I want it to run. We are also planning to try some pump changes (wedges, spacers and different bowls). Overall - I'm very happy with the way things went. I'll post a photos and some video action hopefully this week, if this ****ing weather get better.

Duke
05-04-2003, 10:36 AM
Good to hear everything went well, post pics asap... :D :D

hoolign
05-04-2003, 02:33 PM
That's cool,just fast enough so all the tree
huggers, hear it ...but can't identify it! :D

mud duck
05-04-2003, 04:31 PM
Excellent! Got to like that speed for the very first time in the water. Now you can tweak it for every MPH possible. Keep us informed as to what a small block can really do with a jet.
Did you see that 50' aluminum cat posted a few days ago? Wow, what a beast! :D I would not know what to do with it, but it was cool. Just a little bit too big for me.

Moomawnster
05-04-2003, 04:36 PM
Yeah ! Keep us informed! I run a sbc and I love to hear what they can do ... Methinks 100+ eh? :D

Jungle Boy
05-05-2003, 03:46 AM
The boat builder still says low 100's in race mode: open headers, CNC bowl and a few adjustments. Was going to do some testing today, but it has eeeffffing snowed again.
Duck - I seen that yellow beast, what a monster of a boat.
[ May 05, 2003, 04:47 AM: Message edited by: Jungle Boy ]

canuck1
05-07-2003, 04:47 PM
Dave
Looks good Get that thing over to the warm side of the rocks I just got back today and its ****in cold here

Jungle Boy
05-12-2003, 06:01 AM
Been playing around and burning lots of fuel lately. Had the boat running 99.3 MPH :D yesterday with open headers. Still a few tricks to do to gain a bit more (hopefully). The wind was rather strong yesterday and blowing the boat out of the water, so maybe on a better day we can get to the 100 mph mark. I'll try to get some photos soon.