PDA

View Full Version : MSD REV LIMITER

hickz3
02-13-2003, 11:48 AM
Is there any way to check to see if the rev limiter is working properly without over-revving the engine. My boat came with one but it looks suspicious. How can I tell what it is set at. There aren't any markings to show what RPM it's set to.
Hickz3

hack job
02-13-2003, 11:51 AM
it will have dail or a pill in it . the dial will point to a # and the pill will be a white or red thing on the side of it with a rpm writen on it.
pill can be bought to change the rpm and the dail well you just turn it. lol;)
hope this helps

Tom Foolery
02-13-2003, 12:07 PM
I'm running an MSD rev limiter or my boat. The only way I can think to check it is to purchase a rpm module lower than the RPM your motor will turn & see if it stops it from going higher. There might be a simpler & less expensive way but I don't know it.

Hotcrusader76
02-13-2003, 12:10 PM
Try calling MSD's techline. They will offer you great assistance.
~Ty

GlastronGuy
02-13-2003, 01:47 PM
Hotcrusader76:
Try calling MSD's techline. They will offer you great assistance.
~Ty Agreed, they are pretty good. I had a marine unit go bad. It's the epoxy, sealed unit and was out of warranty. My carb guy said that MSD could fix it and mailed it off to them. They couldn't fix it but they did replace it and only charged the out of warranty service charge. $45.00. :) :)

Hotcrusader76
02-13-2003, 01:51 PM
I spoke with a rep from MSD at a NHRA event and he explained to me the if you have an older version that if you sent it in they would refurbish it for practically nothing. That alone keeps me from buying anyone else's electronics.
But not to be the devils advocate but I run a Mallory fuel pump... :D

Jetty 468
02-13-2003, 02:50 PM
Hotcrusader76:
I spoke with a rep from MSD at a NHRA event and he explained to me the if you have an older version that if you sent it in they would refurbish it for practically nothing. That alone keeps me from buying anyone else's electronics.
But not to be the devils advocate but I run a Mallory fuel pump... :D Trader :D