PDA

View Full Version : Hey MikeF!

cyclone
12-30-2002, 10:34 AM
still got that engine hoist and stand? i may need them this week. I'm going to teart the boat apart on New Years Day since i have it off from work. Beer and food is on me if you want to come out to Anaheim and help me tear her apart. I'm going to bring it over to Todd's house so he can start working on the new gel coat.

MikeF
12-30-2002, 01:10 PM
Do you want to start tomorrow or Wednesday?

cyclone
12-30-2002, 01:16 PM
i've got to work tomorrow. i'm going to haul the boat down to MPD so jack can check it out before i drop it off at Todd's.
So wednesday would be the day. How long can you part with the engine stand? I figure it will be at least a month or two before the hull is ready.

MikeF
12-30-2002, 01:39 PM
No problem using the engine stand for 2 months :cool: . When do you want me to show up? I prefer to do the early route. Are you going to take it that afternoon to Jack?
[ December 30, 2002, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: MikeF ]

cyclone
12-30-2002, 02:02 PM
i dont think Jack will be open on new year's. I'll have to call first. But yeah, I'm going to bring the hull to him to check out the pump and to look at the broken skag and find out how much it work it will be to install the new one that i Old Rigger gave me. I might not need the stand for two months because i think the motor might fit on the roll around floor cart that i made for my old motor. But if it's cool with you then i'd like to use the stand. You can take the tunnel ram with you on wednesday too. I want to go for a ride though when you put your boat in the water again.

MikeF
12-30-2002, 02:13 PM
Just email me about the time you want to start.
I'm not sure about that turning skeg you want to use on your hull. It would proabably cause alot of turbulence ahead of the pump inlet and create cavitation that will feed directly to the pump. Jack might be able to make you one that would drop thru, but that would require alot of extra work under that box tunnel between the stringers eek! (It would be right though).

cyclone
12-30-2002, 02:15 PM
the boat has one alread but it is broken off just below the bottom of the boat. How about 9am in the morning? i'm not planning on getting shitfaced on new year's eve so that i can actually get some work done new year's day.

MikeF
12-30-2002, 02:26 PM
Not a problem, I'll be there 9 sharpish.
I'll look at the skeg on Wed.
Here is the one on my hull :cool: .
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/LibBottom.JPG

cyclone
12-30-2002, 02:30 PM
i dont see it. is it that square looking thing in the right side of the photo? i must be blind. the one Old Rigger gave me looks like a small fin for a surf board. It was larger but he said he needed to cut it down to the proper height for my boat.

MikeF
12-30-2002, 02:33 PM
Yeah, It's the chrome thing :p . The hull is sitting on horses and some milk crates just out of the pic :rolleyes: .

cyclone
12-30-2002, 02:41 PM
what were you doing to it that you had to get it off of the trailer?

MikeF
12-30-2002, 02:53 PM
I took apart some of the trailer, sanded and painted it. The total on that was about $150. + tires = 260/270 if I remember correctly. boxed

cyclone
12-30-2002, 03:14 PM
my trailer is thrashed. looks like i'll be rebuilding it this winter too. :)

MikeF
12-30-2002, 03:21 PM
My roommate is a wizard w/a welder. Maybe talk to him about the mods?! :cool:
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/backside2.JPG
This was a shell when he 1st bought it. Did nearly all the work himself jawdrop !

cyclone
12-30-2002, 03:32 PM
i'm a novice with boats, but if it involves a mig welder and steel, i can get jiggy with it. check it out.
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/chassis.JPG

cyclone
12-30-2002, 03:34 PM
i just talked to jack and i'm bringing the boat to him on thursday. he said i should use a bronze impeller and he's got these legend knock offs called Heritage impellers. I guess a guy that used to work at Legend is building them and they are super nice.

MikeF
12-30-2002, 07:41 PM
That's the chassis for the power tour truck? Those wheels are huge :D . Looks cool so far!
I guess I'd like to see those impellers you're talking about :cool: .

77charger
12-30-2002, 08:18 PM
cyclone:
i just talked to jack and i'm bringing the boat to him on thursday. he said i should use a bronze impeller and he's got these legend knock offs called Heritage impellers. I guess a guy that used to work at Legend is building them and they are super nice. So is that the brand of bronze impellers jack is carrying?My buddy had his placecraft set up by jack and he got the bronze one too but i assumed it was a legend.

cyclone
12-31-2002, 08:54 AM
Mike- Yup that's the chassis for the power tour truck. It's all done now and the cab is back on it, the motor and tranny are in and i'm working on the hydraulics now.
Charger- Jack has both impellers. i'm sure if he said he put a legend in your buddies pump then that's what is in there.